Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything to do with "The Jungle Movie"

+2
Annemiek
Weird1
6 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Everything to do with "The Jungle Movie" - Page 4 Empty Re: Everything to do with "The Jungle Movie"

Post by peachcake21 Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:54 am

Well, this is a random thought but how do you think the movie would be if it were to be filmed in live action,
Any thoughs about the football head XD
I think the double agent thing has been done to DEATH but what else?
peachcake21
peachcake21

Female Number of posts : 378
Favorite character : HELGA!
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: *waiting for one . . . *

Back to top Go down

Everything to do with "The Jungle Movie" - Page 4 Empty Re: Everything to do with "The Jungle Movie"

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:00 am

I'm not sure you could find a kid with a football shaped head (though I did find an amusing button on facebook that said "Your head's so big when you walk down the street, people call 'Hey Arnold!'"). Plus the idea of a girl with Helga's eyebrow...weirds me out.

I still don't think he's working for La Sombra, but I tend to be optimistic, so that may just be my own naivety.

Ever since I found out about this movie I've gone over different scenarios of how it might play out, which is fun...but I still hope at the very least we get a novelization or graphic novel. Arnold deserves to find his parents, and Helga deserves to finally have her feelings returned.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Female Number of posts : 562
Favorite character : Helga
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:26 am

Eduardo obviously knows the Green Eyes pretty well, since he knew that La Corazon was stolen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:47 am

Live action? Oh deary, deary me... Why peachy? Just why?

.....Actually, I think someone did ask Craig once that if he did cast rolls for the characters in a live action movie, who would he cast...

I remember that he said Helga would be played by Francesca... because she's apparently the eternal Helga. Big Grin

And when asked who he'd cast as Arnold, he said that he really didn't know, because it would be too hard finding someone with a football shaped head. XD

I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere... maybe I'm just hallucinating. *Shrugs* It's definitely possible. It's happened many times before... like the time I hallucinated that a hundred cowboy robots were in my house and were ransacking my refrigerator... yeah, maybe I did hallucinate that.

If anyone wants to prove I'm not crazy by confirming that someone did indeed ask Craig that once... I would be highly grateful. Big Grin

I'M SANE!!!!!!! Mad
Weird1
Weird1

Female Number of posts : 386
Country : I live in the place, with the people, and the crap! That's all you need to know.
Favorite character : Helga! Doi!!!
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Character Character: Gerald

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:58 am

Uhhh.. I know where it is.
I'll find it tomorrow!
peachcake21
peachcake21

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:58 am

It's accually on the Nick website somewhere.
peachcake21
peachcake21

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:10 am

http://www.nick.com/blab/past_chats/archive_bartlett2002.jhtml

THERE! HAAAA! I FOUND IT! HAAA!
Okay just click it!
peachcake21
peachcake21

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:15 am

YAY! SANITY IS IN MY WAREHOUSE! WHOOT! WHOOT!

Much obliged, Peachcakes. Wink
Weird1
Weird1

Country : I live in the place, with the people, and the crap! That's all you need to know.

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:27 am

Sanity isn't in mine XD
This makes me sad. He mentions the second MOVIE! *cries*
Okay, im not crying but stiil, WHY!
I just had an Idea for hoe to make a football head with your head!
peachcake21
peachcake21

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:29 am

I feel guilty I never bought a ticket to the movie or a copy of it. I didn't see it until it came on tv (it was on one of the big movie channels a few months after it was released on tape/dvd). I was still really embarrassed about liking cartoons as a teen when the movie came out, so I didn't have the guts to go watch it or even tell my parents I'd like to see it. >.< I still need to buy a copy of the DVD.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Female Number of posts : 562
Favorite character : Helga
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:40 am

me too,*sighs*
In my case I was to little to comprehend the many themes of HA!
Oh well.
Anyways, I think Eddie (Eduardo) is in La Sombra's side.
peachcake21
peachcake21

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:14 am

I had no freakin' clue that they made a movie when it came out... it was around the time I was avoiding "Hey Arnold!" like the plague. Geez, I hated that show. If I had seen some of the fifth season episodes... Wowza! I probably would've had a change of heart, but I was young and foolish. *Shakes head" But now I'm old, and my back hurts, and I'm on countless pills of medication...

So now I love it! It makes me angry at myself for not giving it a chance just because the characters weren't too pretty. The only eps I saw were the first season ones, and I think maybe one second season one. I just thought they were ugly, and Helga was a jerk. *Shrugs*

Ironic, no?

I think Eduardo-do, started on La Sombras side, but then switched over to the better side, and then La Sombra threatened him or something, and he rejoined him to trap Miles and Stella... but as soon as the task was done, La Sombra locked him up with them.... maybe?

Meow
Weird1
Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:18 am

Maybe.
I'd perfer to call him Eddie, Ed, or Eddie the explorer XD
peachcake21
peachcake21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:23 am

Nice bolding the bra, Weird1. I laughed at that. XD

As for Eduardo, I think we can only speculate his true character at this point. There were many instances in "The Journal" that showed that he could've been for either side.

I never say "Hey Arnold!" the movie. It came out when I was 12, and Entertainment Weekly gave the movie a bad review, and my mom reads that magazine like a Bible of sorts, so I never saw it. Man, if only we could turn back time and have that movie make big bucks...

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:26 am

I wouls watch it 11 thousand times =P
Instead of bra I sometimes say Battle Ready Armor XD
lol Cartoon humor.
If you don't know what i'm talking about it's KND
peachcake21
peachcake21

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:33 am

I think it's sorta funny how we appreciate the show more NOW then ever 'cause we're grown up and understand the jokes more, and now a days alot of kids sorta like that sort of humor and understand it.
peachcake21
peachcake21

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:39 am

Glad you enjoyed my bolding. Big Grin Laughter cures!

Ed, Edd, and Eddy! AHHHHHH! XD

I agree, we'll never know unless we can get the movie. -_- Total suckage.

And UGH! If I could turn back time, I would've watched the show everyday! And I would've went to watch the movie twenty times, and forced all my friends to go, too. But, alas, until we can get a hold of a time machine, we're doomed to the reality we have created for ourselves... a reality without TJM! *Bawls*

I repeat, total suckage. -_-
Weird1
Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:42 am

Oh yes, Peach... this really bites.

I really wish Nick would start playing the old eppys again, it would probably get a heck of a lot more kids interested in sending letters to request TJM.
Weird1
Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:47 am

If I would work with Craig or Nick or both I would make a report telling them about how many kids like the show when shown to them. Tell them to bring it back and give reasons. Convince them to bring back the show (seriously as much as I love to bring TJM I still want more HA! eps!) Force... MAKE it get popullar. And then make the movie.
Oh yeah, and the Patakis.
peachcake21
peachcake21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:54 am

That's how it is with me. I'm twenty years old and I love "Hey Arnold!" now that I understand the subtle humor. Also, I can better appreciate the more mature themes that the show presented than I did when I was younger.

I wouldn't be so quick to blame ourselves for Arnold's downfall, though. The movie came out in 2002, and it was during the early 2000's that Nickelodeon as a network began declining in quality. Some people would say earlier, but the 1990's were the prime years of children's programming, and the decade in which it hit its peak and then began going downhill. Sadly, this not only applies to Nickelodeon, but to other children's programming networks, such as Cartoon Network and Disney.

During the 2000's, where shows with slapstick and toilet humor were becoming the norm, shows such as "Hey Arnold!", which were character and plot driven, contained actual development, subtle humor, mature themes that were handled tastefully, and that perfect balance between idealism and realism, simply couldn't compete.

It's a sad fact, but it's true. Sometimes watching "Hey Arnold!" makes my heart fall to the floor because it brings the realization that the quality of children's programming has diminished, with a few, rare exceptions. It also makes me afraid that subsequent generations will grow up stupid since everything in children's shows today has to be pointed out to them as opposed to letting the children look for the humor and other plot devices in the shows themselves. However, Arnold's massive fanbase proves that even if we never get "The Jungle Movie" or "The Patakis" that Craig Bartlett created a show that stands the test of time and is a true testament to solid storytelling. With all the seasons on DVD and the movie, we can make sure our children grow up with Arnold and aren't exposed to the drivel that clogs children's networking nowadays.

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:58 am

I'm not so sure I'd care all that much if "The Patakis" didn't get done. *Shrugs* It would feel too much like "Hey Arnold!" without the Arnold.

But yes, I say we all gather up our troops, and force down the walls! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YES! We'll get tanks, and axes, and swords, and bombs, and fighter jets, and flame throwers, and rabid monkeys, and hummus!

YES! And we'll ambush them! They won't know what hit them! AHAHAHAHA! And then we'll get them to agree to our demands of more "HA!" and TJM and "The Patakis".

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Who's with m-AH! CRAMP! One sec...

Okay, all better, now then... WHO'S WITH ME?!?!? *Eye twitches*
Weird1
Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:00 am

Dude, speak out to the man!
Man, I wish I could work for Nick, BUT I'M TOO YOUNG.
Or am I? *looks at both sides, suspisiously*

Hmm... Do you think they would have created a sister for Arnold?
peachcake21
peachcake21

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:01 am

One Fine Wire...

*Wipes tear from eye* That was beautiful... *Bawls*
Weird1
Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:02 am

I'M WITH YOU ALL THE... *trips on pizza slice* How did that get ther? ANY WAYS! I'M WITH ALL THE WAY!!
peachcake21
peachcake21

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:02 am

A sister?

Um... I don't think so... it would've been too weird.
Weird1
Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next