Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything to do with "The Jungle Movie"

+2
Annemiek
Weird1
6 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Everything to do with "The Jungle Movie" Empty Everything to do with "The Jungle Movie"

Post by Weird1 Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:11 pm

This is all about... well, what the title says. What are your thoughts concerning "The Jungle Movie"?

Do you have any theories on why Arnold's parents never came back?

What do you think would've happened in the movie?

Do you still have hope that it will eventually get made?

What are your thoughts? Please share. I have some theories.

In the episode "The Journal", his grandpa reads that Miles hopes that the green eyes will let them come into their ancient city... but they're still too secretive. I have a theory that Arnold's parents may have gotten their wish. But what if once getting in, there is no way out? What if they have them trapped inside their ancient city, and forbid them to leave because they're afraid they'll spill about the city's whereabouts? Like, they know if they were freed they would be questioned endlessly. This also could explain why Craig never decided on whether Arnold stays with his parents or not. I mentioned in another topic, that it would be highly unlikely that Arnold and his parents would stay in San Lorenzo, so Craig's meer consideration of it smelled kinda fishy to me. But this would explain it. Arnold's parents are bound to the ancient rules of the green eyes, and trapped forever in their city, living with their people. Arnold would have a choice to make. Stay with his parents and with the green eyes... or go back home with his grandparents, and friends in the city he grew up in. It all clicks together pretty well, right? This is what I think. Plus it would all make for an interesting movie. Arnold searching endlessly for an ancient city that no one's eyes (Other than his parents, and possibly more) have ever even seen! There's also the possibility that Arnold and his parents go on an adventure trying to escape from the green eyes city. What do you think of this theory? Do you disagree?

Also, Eduardo seemed a little weird to me. And not weird in a good way either, like me. Did anyone else notice that he kept giving them travel suggestions that nearly killed them? I mean, "Go to the top of some really steep, and tall mountain. It has a wonderful view." and "Go to that rail car thingy! It has a wonderful view!", plus he kept saying that the green eyed people sent him. How the heck did he get so tight with the green eyes? He seemed like a pretty shifty character to me. I think he may have taken some part in their disappearance. He was the one who came back and told them that the green eyes sent him, and to return to San Lorenzo at once to help. What if it was some sort of set up? I don't know. He did seem pretty sincere about it all. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. But in a situation like theirs', is that really a bad thing? What do you think?

Please... What are your thoughts?

Last edited by Weird1 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:02 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Needed to add crap...)
Weird1
Weird1

Female Number of posts : 386
Country : I live in the place, with the people, and the crap! That's all you need to know.
Favorite character : Helga! Doi!!!
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: Gerald

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Everything to do with "The Jungle Movie" Empty Re: Everything to do with "The Jungle Movie"

Post by Annemiek Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:04 pm

I'm positive that Miles and Stella are in the Greeneyes-village. But I think that they lost their memory when they crashed with their plane, and the greeneyes cured them and took care of them.. until Arnold finds the village, and Miles and Stella will start to remember when they look at their son, when Arnold sees them and runs towards them with tears in his eyes, screaming "MOM!! DAD!!" Love Awww

What I'm really dying for, is to see the Brainy/Helga moment Wow OMG Helga's about to give up.. and then Brainy will talk to her and help her <3
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Female Number of posts : 518
Favorite character : Eugene <3
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character Character: Eugene

http://www.ABCreatief.com

Back to top Go down

Everything to do with "The Jungle Movie" Empty Re: Everything to do with "The Jungle Movie"

Post by Weird1 Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:14 pm

OH! I know! I really want to see that!!! It's been driving me crazy!! A person like Helga... HELGA... gives up and is brought back to life by Brainy... BRAINY!!!!

Ugh. I want to see that so bad! And what makes her give up exactly? Probably something to do with Arnold. I think the conversation may have been how Helga can still be Helga without Arnold. I'm not sure though (For obvious reasons), but that's what I think. Because that just seems like something Brainy would know about. Brainy is still Brainy, and can still live, even though he knows Helga will never love him. He probably has his doubts about the same thing being true for Helga and Arnold (As in Arnold never loving her, of course)... but still. That's what I think.

And that's an interesting theory. I never thought of that. It's very possible. But BOTH of them getting amnesia?! Eh, it is a cartoon. Cartoons tend to bend the highly unlikely a bit. Like how someone can survive after getting hit on the head by an anvil. XD So it's very possible.
Weird1
Weird1

Country : I live in the place, with the people, and the crap! That's all you need to know.

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:26 pm

The writing staff can sometimes be cruel, but I have a feeling Arnold will find and be reunited with his parents! >w< My theory (and a friend whom I am working on this project with X3) is that they were hopelessly imprisoned against their will and try as they may, nothing worked in escaping, and they were trapped....which is La Sombra's doing! Dun dun dun!!! xD That's just what I think, though. One other idea I had (mostly for stories in which The Jungle Movie didn't happen) is that they are stranded on an island and had no way of getting off, since it was so far from civilization and San Lorenzo itself.

And yeah! I'm guessing Helga gives up because try as she may, she can't help her beloved. And then Brainy pretty much gets her back into the game. I think that's cool, how he helps her like that, and doesn't stand in the way of their love.

And I like Eduardo! I do see why you're suspicious Singr, and sometimes there HAVE been really unexpected plot twists like that! So...I guess it can go either way, yeah? I don't know, I always thought he was a nice guy. XD We'll see, I guess.

Oh! And Craig also said the other characters will have more...well, "screen time" and their own set of sub-plots this time! That'll be cool. 8D

Last but definitely not least (I save the best for last sometimes...)

I want to see the moment Arnold FINALLY reciprocates Helga's feelings!!!!!! <3 SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! Craig said it would be a big scene, and maybe not as passionate as Helga's, but still big! And then oh, their first mutual kiss!!!! SQUEE! <3 OwO

Okay, okay, I'll stop. xD Point is, I'm dying for that scene above all! Oh Nickelodeon...you suck. DX
NintendoGal55
NintendoGal55

Female Number of posts : 296
Favorite character : Arnold and Helga :D
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Character Character: Arnold

http://www.fanfiction.net/~nintendogal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:43 am

1) While for almost he entirety of the Journal I think Eduardo was being a sincere friend, I could see that perhaps his last visit to Miles and Stella had ulterior motivations? I'm not sure though, because I really love Eduardo as a character.

2) I always wanted to see that Brainy/Helga scene too. Part of me sort of imagined him not really saying much though, but Helga just kind of using his presence to sort of kick herself into gear? IDK. I loved that idea of them bonding though, because I've always been pretty fond of the idea of them being really close friends eventually.

3) I'm super duper excited to get to the part of Trying where I get to explain what happened to Arnold's parents. It's a long way off, but it's gonna be NUTS.
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Female Number of posts : 596
Favorite character : Helga, Harold
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Character Character: Harold

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:08 am

@SquirrelTamer

1) I agree, I really like Eduardo as a character too. He's very sincere and friendly, but I guess there is the two sided coin possibility. I like to think he's really a good guy.

2) It would be cool for them to end up being friends. I personally don't like them as a pairing (doi, I'm a little biased xD), but it'd be fun for them to be friends.

3) Ooooh, that sounds exciting! OwO Now I too am super duper excited! >w< Yay
NintendoGal55
NintendoGal55

Female Number of posts : 296
Favorite character : Arnold and Helga :D
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Character Character: Arnold

http://www.fanfiction.net/~nintendogal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:24 am

Weird1: THANK YOU! I'm glad you're not the only one who thought Eduardo was a an odd character. Something about him seemed really off to me in "The Journal", and not just with the sight-seeing recommendations that nearly killed Miles and Stella. I found it fishy when it showed Stella and Miles relaxing at the pool hotel, with Miles injured pretty badly, then they see Eduardo, and Stella asks, "How did you get here?"

I thought that was weird that he'd follow them to their honeymoon destination and ask them to do a mission, not only while they were on their honeymoon, but also when Miles was in no condition to travel and still recovering from the injuries he sustained when saving the people from the rail car. Something about that set off a red flag, at least in my mind. Then there's the fact that after Miles and Stella disappear, it seems that he doesn't even bother to keep in touch with Phil, Gertie, and Arnold!? I'm sorry, but I were a parent, and my child had just disappeared into the jungles, no matter how old he or she was, I'd be interrogating the last person who saw him or her alive! That just seemed really odd to me that Eduardo would seemingly drop all contact. Phil and Gertie, though eccentric, aren't stupid. They probably would've kept a correspondence of some sort with Eduardo, and probably kept in touch with Miles and Stella when they were in San Lorenzo before returning to Hillwood.

Someone actually asked Craig Bartlett in a chat what side Eduardo was on, along with other questions, such as if Miles and Stella were physically unable to keep in touch with Arnold, why they didn't return, and if Arnold would stay with them, and he said, "I don't get into that part of Arnold's life." I thought that was interesting he didn't want to reveal anything - especially Eduardo's motivations. Perhaps I'm being paranoid too, but something about Eduardo in "The Journal" really did throw me off. I think it's a possibility that he might be on La Sombra's side and really just "played nice" with Miles and Stella, slowly leading them into La Sombra's grasp. As for Miles and Stella, I don't see them willingly abandoning Arnold, and if they were trapped in the city, I can see them trying to escape in some way. I don't see them giving up so easily.

Last edited by One Fine Wire on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:13 am

I wasn't suspicious of Eduardo, but you guys are raising such good points that you may be on to something.

There has to be something going on to have stopped Miles and Stella from so much as getting a letter out to Hillwood. I can't really buy both of them having amnesia (though it's cartoon land, so if they went with that I wouldn't really complain), but the idea of them being imprisoned seems logical. Being sworn to secrecy only goes so far...it's a possibility, but I don't see the fans being quite as accepting of it (because if they're not hostile, they're not really being forced, and I can't think of any good parent who wouldn't at least try to sneak out to get back to their child).

I really wanted the Brainy talking to Helga scene...because in my mind I just see him randomly saying a whole paragraph or two (have we ever heard him say more than a sentence?)...wheezing through the whole thing, but still pointing out to Helga how long she's been after Arnold, how much help she's been to him, and urging her not to give up.

And of course I wanted to see just how Arnold would reciprocate his feelings. He's not quite as passionate and over-the-top as Helga is, but I imagine it still would have been an adorable scene.

Hooray for side plots! ...for some reason the only theory I have involves a monkey chasing Sid, Stinky, and Harold. I think I saw a screencap like that? Anyways, the idea that all the characters would have gotten play would have been nice. I understand the first movie didn't really do that because it was supposed to have been on tv (curses upon them for not doing it this way, I imagine it would have done more than well enough in ratings for production on the Jungle movie to have continued...), but there really wasn't enough from the 'side' characters in the show.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Female Number of posts : 562
Favorite character : Helga
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:42 am

Perhapsormaybe wrote:There has to be something going on to have stopped Miles and Stella from so much as getting a letter out to Hillwood. I can't really buy both of them having amnesia (though it's cartoon land, so if they went with that I wouldn't really complain), but the idea of them being imprisoned seems logical. Being sworn to secrecy only goes so far...it's a possibility, but I don't see the fans being quite as accepting of it (because if they're not hostile, they're not really being forced, and I can't think of any good parent who wouldn't at least try to sneak out to get back to their child).

I agree with this completely. I honestly feel that Miles and Stella were, for whatever reason, physically unable to leave San Lorenzo. I see them being held there against their will, although whoever did it must've been able to outwit Miles and Stella, and we know that's no easy task. If that's the case, the person keeping Miles and Stella in San Lorenzo has to be one sharp cookie. That's the only explanation why they haven't come back. Additionally, someone, or something, must be preventing them from keeping any contact with Arnold and Phil and Gertie, which explains why they haven't written any letters to them. I don't buy the whole amnesia thing - cases where amnesia lasts for an obscene amount of time are extremely rare.

Here's one question: What do you think happened to their plane? We know in "Parent's Day" that it was never found. I think it's possible that La Sombra, or one of his henchmen, might've burned it as a way of destroying the evidence that Miles and Stella were in San Lorenzo. Plus, it prevents them from leaving.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:51 am

Augh. I want to say what I think happened to them, but I also don't want to spoil it. But, YES. They definitely ought to be incapacitated in some way. Whether it's that they're in jail or just... something occurred that rendered them physically incapable of leaving San Lorenzo.
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:55 am

I do think there has to be imprisonment, because not even making contact seems ludicrous (I suppose letters could be intercepted, but Stella and Miles would figure that out quickly and try to stop that from happening). Smart money's on them being prisoners.

As to the plane...I agree that it was either hidden...or converted into either shelter or a shrine. But I'm thinking it's the first one.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:01 am

@ Perhapsormaybe:

Is this the screencap you were talking about? The one with Sid, Stinky, and Harold being chased by the monkey?

This was done by Roger Luan, and animation background painter who worked on "Hey Arnold!". There was some concept art done for the movie before the project was scrapped. Here are some more screencaps:

This one is interesting. Who is the guy in the cowboy hat holding onto Arnold? Why would he be holding onto Arnold instead of another one of his classmates? Maybe this guy knew Miles and Stella and recognizes that Arnold is their son? Could he be a villan? It seems like they're all being surrounded by river pirates, and Helga and Mr. Simmons are holding suitcases, so maybe they just got there?

Here's another interesting shot. It looks like the guy Arnold's trying to "save" is holding La Corazon. It also looks like Arnold is asking the man to hand it to him. Could it be because La Corazon could help Arnold find his parents? It looks like the guy holding onto it doesn't want to give it up.

Perhaps this guy was on an expedition of sorts to find the sacred relic and take it back to the states with him? You know, become famous and well-known by finding a rare artifact? Maybe he told Arnold that he'd help him find La Corazon to help him find his parents under the guise that he would really take it for himself?

Oh, the possibilities!

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:04 am

Guy In Cowboy Hat looks like the same guy in the last shot to me. Probably one of the "I can't pull you AND that up, you're gonna have to drop it!" situations.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:05 am

@ Squirreltamer: I'd love to hear your thoughts! But I also understand if you don't want to spoil it.

@ Perhapsormaybe: Those are some interesting thoughts you have there. I wonder why the plane would be made into a shelter or shrine. Interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:05 am

@ Perhapsormaybe: That's what I was thinking too (In regards to the guy holding La Corazon being the same guy in the cowboy hat).

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:10 am

Ahhhhhhh so much to say.

To anyone who is reading Trying: Would you be interested in getting heavily spoiled for important plot points or would you rather I keep mum? BECAUSE THERE ARE A LOT OF THINGS HERE THAT ARE RELEVANT TO TRYING OMG.
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:31 am

WHAT?!?! Are ya'll tellin' me.... that in the one screenshot with Arnold trying to save that guy from falling off the cliff... NO ONE ELSE noticed the extreme resemblance to him and Arnold's dad?!?! Minus the gray hair, or course. But it has been a long time. Wow. I can't believe no one else has noticed that! Grah!

And yes... I do indeed think that somehow, La Corazone (Or however the heck you spell it) has something to do with it all. Maybe La Sombra captured La Corazone back when the Green eyes were incompacitated (Sorry. I can't spell right now. I'm tired) with the sleeping sickness. And Miles and Stella tried to get it back, but were captured? What do you think?
Weird1
Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:33 am

Um... Squirreltamer: If you really want to... I wouldn't really mind spoilage. I still really want to know what happened to Miles and Stella, so if you think you have the answer, you can share if you want to.
Weird1
Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:34 am

Wierd1, it's La Corazon
Corazone is so close, atleast you were off by one letter.
peachcake21
peachcake21

Female Number of posts : 378
Favorite character : HELGA!
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character Character: *waiting for one . . . *

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:36 am

Thanks there, Peachy. Like I said... I'm tired. So spelling kinda eludes me for the moment.
Weird1
Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:39 am

I know what you mean.
I lost a chance in the spelling bee 'cause I fell asleep at 11:00 and woke up at 5:00
That day I learned aplause has and "e" !!! Smile
BTW, do you think Arnold's last name is Shortman?
I mean Arnold Phil SHORTMAN?
say that five times fast!!!
peachcake21
peachcake21

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:40 am

Applause also has two "p's"! XD
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:41 am

Mad
XD
I'm sooo off XD
peachcake21
peachcake21

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:54 am

I don't think I have the answer really, but I think it might be something similar? I'm not positive though.

1) The man in the pictures is La Sombra. I think it's pretty obvious - he's got a gang and is in possession of what looks to be La Corazon in the second picture. I feel like people reject him as La Sombra because he's white, but to me that is a billion times better because of the icky racial problems that would have come from having a person of color as the villain.

2) The sleeping sickness was a lot stronger the second time around and Miles and Stella caught it. However, thanks to the power of La Corazon, the effects of the disease were lessened and instead of killing them they instead fell into a deep sleep for all those years.

I don't actually think that's the answer, because I feel like there needs to be a final confrontation between La Sombra and Miles/Stella that was the causation for their disappearance, but I also don't quite think that Craig would have Miles/Stella imprisoned for years? Also, it doesn't make ANY sense for La Sombra to keep them in prison all those years and not kill them. So I do kind of feel like they might just be sleeping.
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:54 am

XD Yeah, sorry Peachy. I guess your tired too.

And yeah, I do think his last name is Shortman. Craig said that his last name has been said throughout the series, and when asked who said it the most, he said it was Grandpa. That almost PROVES 100% that Shortman is his last name. I don't remember anyone saying his middle name is Phil, though. I think it's just Arnold Shortman. Adorable little name, for an adorable little football head! Big Grin
Weird1
Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next