Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question Concerning "The Patakis"

+4
Squirreltamer
NintendoGal55
Weird1
Annemiek
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Question Concerning "The Patakis" - Page 4 Empty Re: Question Concerning "The Patakis"

Post by Weird1 Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:31 am

Yeah... I remember that. I haven't really looked at it much, but I know they're doing something like that.

You guys have gotta come up with a great idea, though, to top the secret Santa idea. I think they're even merging it with another episode idea. Where Helga's family gets stranded at the boarding house during a snow storm. So then they're all doing the secret Santa thing WITH Helga and Arnold's family. It's looking pretty cool. But no ones seemed too concerned with that in a pretty long while.
Weird1
Weird1

Female Number of posts : 386
Country : I live in the place, with the people, and the crap! That's all you need to know.
Favorite character : Helga! Doi!!!
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: Gerald

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Question Concerning "The Patakis" - Page 4 Empty Re: Question Concerning "The Patakis"

Post by NintendoGal55 Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:32 am

Oooohhhh!!!! Singr, that's brilliant!!!! Maybe we can work around that?

Or should we just put one together of our own?
NintendoGal55
NintendoGal55

Female Number of posts : 296
Favorite character : Arnold and Helga :D
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Character Character: Arnold

http://www.fanfiction.net/~nintendogal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:35 am

Eh, oh well. I need to work on my own script anyways. (...I'm being lazy. ...in my defense I'm working on the Ask a Character project and I've got some art I've been doing. Plus the outline's done, but no one's commented so I don't know whether or not to go forward with it...)
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Female Number of posts : 562
Favorite character : Helga
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:36 am

At the risk of coming into the conversation really really late, and stirring up conflict, I don't care much for ArnoldxHelga. I actually really like HelgaxBrainy. Mostly because I've seen what Helga imagines her relationship with Arnold to be, and I think it's too mushy for me to stomach.

I also love CurlyxRhonda. Smile Mostly because he is a spaz. Harold is a lot more grounded, which would be better for Rhonda, but I still have a soft spot for Curly.
hatterlet
hatterlet

Female Number of posts : 421
Favorite character : Brainy
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Character Character: Phoebe

http://goodnightdannytrejo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:39 am

I like Brainy/Helga mainly because I think the poor guy deserved a chance. I like Curly/Rhonda just because Curly's hilarious and I loved his singing voice in "What's Opera, Arnold?"
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:41 am

I used to have a CurlyxRhonda video up on youtube, but they took it down. Mad I love 'Curly's Girl'
hatterlet
hatterlet

Female Number of posts : 421
Favorite character : Brainy
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Character Character: Phoebe

http://goodnightdannytrejo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:46 am

Aww, that makes me sad. I would have loved to see it.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:57 am

I don't care much for BrainyxHelga. I get that he loves her and all, but just because Helga goes off and is happy with Arnold doesn't mean Brainy won't ever find a girl. As demonstated in my own fic, "I Know".

But I guess it's interesting. I just don't think they'd work out though. I can picture them TRYING to date, but I don't think they'd work. *Shrugs*

But that doesn't mean they aren't cute. Big Grin And a fun pairing to explore and mess around with. But I'm still a ArnoldxHelga person here.

And I too adore CurlyxRhonda! They're adorable together!!! Love

And as for Helga's imagination for her and Arnold's future... I think that's just all the unrequited love imagining up what it WISHES would just happen already. I think their relationship would be a cross between Arnold's fantasies for his future love life, and Helga's fantasies. I think both put together would level it all out to a more stable relationship in the end.
Weird1
Weird1

Country : I live in the place, with the people, and the crap! That's all you need to know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:01 am

I really figured Phoebe was the one to hit the nail on the head...alone together, Arnold and Helga would be very happy...notice she imagined them away from everyone else? Around everyone else, I figure they'd still be happy together, but Arnold has almost refined manners and Helga...uh...doesn't. I could imagine him being a bit embarrassed by her on occassion, and her getting ticked off because he acts distant if they were say at ...a dinner party or something.

"Helga, that's the wrong fork. Use the salad fork!"
"Criminy, football head, I'm trying to save the staff from having to wash an extra fork, I KNOW what I'm doing!" (throws fork down and starts eating with her hands)

...Well, I'm sure she'll learn better manners with age, but it is a little hard to see coming from her, huh?
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:31 am

Perhapsormaybe:

LoL

It is a little hard to imagine. But she did kinda study on how to be sophisticated in "Dinner for Four". Maybe it stuck with her? Especially if Arnold asks her to be more sophisticated for a night.

But yeah... they are really different, and it would probably be weird for them around company... but ALONE... they'd both be more comfortable.

I can definitely see Arnold being embarrassed by Helga sometimes, but I can also see Helga being embarrassed by Arnold... Since he's such a cream puff. That could get embarrassing. I'm not sure of how to make a good example... Um...

(They have company over at their house. They're all listening to metal)

(Arnold walks in and winces from the music)

Arnold: Helga, do you think you could turn the music down a little?
Helga: (Everyone groans) Sure, sweetie... (Turns it down)
Arnold: Thank you. (Leaves)
Friend: Why did you marry him?
Other friend: Yeah. He's such a cream puff! How can he not love this music? What kind of music is he into anyway?
Helga: Um... jazz...
(Everyone looks at her funny)

LOL. I don't know. I'm not sure if Helga would ever get those kinds of friends. Maybe she'd meet them in college?

Also, I don't see why Helga would be angry with Arnold for being distant. She spent years being afraid that she'd be laughed at for liking him... so I don't think she'd have a problem with him not being as affectionate in public. I think she'd get much better with being affectionate to him in public herself... but not to the point of where she's always all, "Oh, Arnold! Let's make out on top of the buffet table!" XD

As long as he'd supply the mini kisses, I think she'd be cool. Arnold is a guy, though. And he's not all that sophisticated himself. He is to some extent, but not THAT much. So if anyones gonna be sad about someone being distant, I think it could actually be Arnold.

I don't know. We never got to see how Arnold is after puberty, what with all the hormones and whatnot. Hormones definitely increase the "I've gotta make out with something!" factor.

... Believe me... XD
Weird1
Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:37 am

I believe they'd be the hand-holding type. Once Helga HAS him, I don't think she'll be quite so obsessive about wanting to be overly lovey dovey (and PDAs can get gross...). Just holding hands shows that they care, and that they're together.

And yeah, I suppose Helga might be a bit embarrassed that Arnold can be so...soft. But at least they both play sports. They can stay in shape together.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:03 am

@ Perhapsormaybe:

I LOVED Curly in "What's Opera, Arnold?" He was seriously my favorite. I love a good Curly/Rhonda, and "Curly's Girl" was beyond hilarious.

Still, I can't help but laugh whenever I watch "Love and Cheese" and you see Rhonda dragging Harold into the little swan boat with her.

Harold: "I don't wanna go on the Tunnel of Love with you, Rhonda!"
Rhonda: "Oh, you know you like me, Harold."

XD XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:01 pm

Oh, and "What's Opera, Arnold" is the only episode that made me consider Helga/Curly...they're both pretty obsessive. It could be interesting, but they might be a little....scary sometimes.

I love that later Harold turns that around on Rhonda when they're paired together for parenting the eggs.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:19 am

Yeah, Curly/Helga would be [b]TOO[/b] intense!

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:20 am

I think it'd be hilarious to watch them try to date. No way on earth would it last, but it'd be one rollercoaster of a relationship.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Question Concerning "The Patakis" - Page 4 Empty Another Helga/Arnold Question

Post by MM Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:05 am

So, I know that by the time "The Patakis" comes around, Arnold and Helga have broken up. And I also know that Craig Bartlett said they were "meant for each other." But how do we KNOW that in the end (and by "end" I mean, at the end of "The Patakis" and everafter) that Arnold and Helga will be together for ever???? What if he just meant that they would get together in TJM, but later break up?
Of course, everybody wants them to end up together. It would be so WRONG if they didn't. But are there any CLEAR, DEFINITIVE answers from Craig that say that AT THE END OF THE PATAKIS they are together??? I'm really worried about this! If anyone has an answer, please write ASAP!
Also, where are the current HA! communities?? Most posts seem to be from 2010. Let's keep the campaign alive!

MM

Back to top Go down

Post by Jjboy5991 Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:04 am

wish they would make this show!!!!!!!!!!!

Jjboy5991

Male Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2014-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:08 am

MM wrote:So, I know that by the time "The Patakis" comes around, Arnold and Helga have broken up.  And I also know that Craig Bartlett said they were "meant for each other."  But how do we KNOW that in the end (and by "end" I mean, at the end of "The Patakis" and everafter) that Arnold and Helga will be together for ever????  What if he just meant that they would get together in TJM, but later break up?
Of course, everybody wants them to end up together.  It would be so WRONG if they didn't.  But are there any CLEAR, DEFINITIVE answers from Craig that say that AT THE END OF THE PATAKIS they are together???  I'm really worried about this!  If anyone has an answer, please write ASAP!
Also, where are the current HA! communities??  Most posts seem to be from 2010.  Let's keep the campaign alive!

We just know.

But if you have little faith-- refer to the end of the episode "Married" Smile
agshepherd
agshepherd

Female Number of posts : 221
Favorite character : Pooter
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Character Character: Helga

http://soapboxshouts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4