Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question Concerning "The Patakis"

+4
Squirreltamer
NintendoGal55
Weird1
Annemiek
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Question Concerning "The Patakis" - Page 2 Empty Re: Question Concerning "The Patakis"

Post by NintendoGal55 Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:14 am

Singr: Okay! ^w^ ;P Gotcha. We'll talk about this later. X3

Ahem.

Let's get back on trackie track, yeah?

Hmmm...now where were we?

I know!

Okay, so let's envision this little idea. Arnold moves back, for good, takes place after The Patakis. What do you guys think happens then?
NintendoGal55
NintendoGal55

Female Number of posts : 296
Favorite character : Arnold and Helga :D
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: Arnold

http://www.fanfiction.net/~nintendogal55

Back to top Go down

Question Concerning "The Patakis" - Page 2 Empty Re: Question Concerning "The Patakis"

Post by Squirreltamer Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:16 am

I never imagined him moving back actually. I've always kind of been of the opinion that both Arnold and Helga would grow up and move on with their lives and then get thrust together again because of some weird destiny.

Or, if he does move back, Helga's already gone.
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Female Number of posts : 596
Favorite character : Helga, Harold
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Character Character: Harold

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:28 am

Yeah, I never pictured Arnold returning permently. However, I always figured he would come to visit Hillwood on occasion; while there, Helga would make all these attempts to see him and fail at every single one, kind of like how she tried to get the answering machine tape, her locket back, the parrot out of Arnold's vicinity, her poetry book.

I imagine also that Arnold would go over to see Helga, but she'd never be home. They'd miss each other just narrowly, however, other people, like Gerald, Phoebe, Sid, Stinky, Rhonda, Harold, Nadine, etc, would talk about how they visited with Arnold, leaving Helga in despair.

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:28 am

True...that's one way to look at it!

I'll have to think about that one. 8D
NintendoGal55
NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:32 am

No, no, no... I don't believe that to be true at all, Squirreltamer.

I... don't know. I think they'd... I think they might... Uh... Well, I can actually see him and his family moving back into boarding house after their "Adventures" around the world. You know, after his parents have gotten all their adventure juices out.

But I don't know why Helga would move... Okay, I can think of some reasons. But I don't likey for her move away. No Smile

I think they'd just get back together and kiss and all that... Kinda like your fic, Nintendo, "The last minutes of the Pataki's" or something it was called. Kinda like that...

After that... I think the story is kinda just... over. They're together, they fight, Arnold moves, they have time to stew, Arnold comes back, they get BACK together, and then later they get married, have crazy sex, have kids, and bla bla bla...
Weird1
Weird1

Female Number of posts : 386
Country : I live in the place, with the people, and the crap! That's all you need to know.
Favorite character : Helga! Doi!!!
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Character Character: Gerald

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:33 am

I'd also imagine that Arnold would never be seen in the episodes where he came to visit; rather, the other characters would mention to Helga that Arnold visited, or Helga would eavesdrop on someone's conversation learning of Arnold's visit. She would learn from them how Arnold was doing and what he did when he was with her classmates. I'd imagine also that Helga would learn that when she was trying to visit Arnold, that he was looking for her.

Then, I'd see the episode ending and Helga starting another letter to Arnold that she wouldn't send.

I don't think Arnold and Helga would reunite until either at the end of the series, or until long after the series ended, when they're both either in university, or grown up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:38 am

One Fine Wire wrote:

I'd also imagine that Arnold would never be seen in the episodes where he came to visit; rather, the other characters would mention to Helga that Arnold visited, or Helga would eavesdrop on someone's conversation learning of Arnold's visit. She would learn from them how Arnold was doing and what he did when he was with her classmates. I'd imagine also that Helga would learn that when she was trying to visit Arnold, that he was looking for her.

Then, I'd see the episode ending and Helga starting another letter to Arnold that she wouldn't send.

I don't think Arnold and Helga would reunite until either at the end of the series, or until long after the series ended, when they're both either in university, or grown up.

I can totally see that. That would be hilarious for some of the episodes! XD
Weird1
Weird1

Country : I live in the place, with the people, and the crap! That's all you need to know.

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:38 am

Hmmm...that's an interesting episode idea. I can see something like that happening! Pretty sad, though. *Sniff*

Er, I mean...xD

Ahem!

I guess it can go either way, we'll never really know. But hey, it's fun to look at the interesting perspectives of what COULD happen, whether or not they see each other again later in life as adults, or as teens, whichever way.
NintendoGal55
NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:40 am

Indeed, Nintendo. Indeed...
Weird1
Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:54 am

I think it'd be fun to see everyone at P.S. 118 grown up. Smile

We all know that Arnold and Helga will be together, but it'd be interesting to see what Sid, Stinky, Harold, Rhonda, Nadine, what all of them are like.

Of course, I see Gerald and Phoebe together too; but in contrast to Arnold and Helga, I see their relationship being a very mellow one.

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:58 am

Indeed, Singr.....WHICH IS PRECISELY WHAT FANFICTION IS FOR!!!! xD OMG!!

And I agree, One Fine Wire. OwO Gerald and Phoebe are my second OTP next to ArnoldxHelga. <3 As long as those two pairs are together, I'm a happy camper. 8D
NintendoGal55
NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:03 am

Well, I mean, most people grow up and leave home so Helga moving doesn't surprise me.

But anyway, my favorite fanfic is Missing Pieces by Poisonivory and it's sort of how I imagine Helga and Arnold getting together in the future - they're separated and doing their own things and then one day something happens and they're sort of thrust together again.
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:04 am

Ha ha! Me too, Nintendo!

If Helga and Arnold aren't together... or don't at least GET together in the end... the story is trash in my opinion.

And I'm not AS concerned with Phoebe and Gerald. They're already a couple... Craig said so himself. And they both KNOW they like eachother. They're just more subtly about it all.

So I'm not too concerned with them. If a story doesn't have them together, I'll just mentally re-write it so it does. XD I really do. I totally do that!
Weird1
Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:07 am

Squirreltamer: I LOVE that fic. I'm cool with something like that happening... as long as they're together in the end. And they were in that fic... which I'm obsessed with! YAY!

Helga moving wouldn't surprise me either, really. I just don't prefer it. But as long as they get together... I don't give a crap.
Weird1
Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:16 am

I actually do like other pairings besides Helga/Arnold. Like, I have an odd affection for Helga/Gerald (THANKS A LOT PYRUS JAPONICA) and also Helga/Wolfgang. So, I don't mind if fic isn't always Helga/Arnold.
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:21 am

Eh... I don't like to go against Craig. He said they were meant for eachother, so going against that seems like some sort of rebellious behavior that I'm just not comfortable with. *Shrugs* But you do what you like best. This is just my personal opinion.
Weird1
Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:24 am

Actually mixing things up is... kind of the point of fandom? It's going beyond what we're giving and seeing what happens.

Not that you have to like anything besides Helga/Arnold, but if people are exploring different ships it doesn't actually mean they're going against Craig. It just means they enjoy different things.
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:27 am

Some good points you made there, Singr. :3

Hmmm...this could be some ideas worth looking into trying out for a fanfic or two. 8D Ooooh!!

It is fun to mix things up in a fandom, absolutely. But in all honesty, I don\'t at all ship Arnoldxsomeone else or Helgaxsomeone else, same with Gerald and Phoebe paired with other people. It\'s not that I don\'t want to go against what Craig says, it\'s just my opinion. I really love these pairs a ton!!! And I can\'t explain it, I just don\'t see them with someone else. Yes, I know there\'s room to experiment and I know I should broaden my horizons, I understand that.

The closest I come to doing that is when, say at the beginning or sometime later in a story, they\'re with another person, and then end up with their rightful love at the end.

That\'s just me, of course. Meow I respect what anyone else likes to do. And I know some people like BrainyxHelga (And sometimes for the reason that they feel bad for him) Honestly, I don\'t. I do like Brainy, and yes, to a degree I do feel bad for him, but at the same time, he doesn\'t seem too bothered that Helga loves Arnold. If he was, I think maybe we would know. He just does what he does, and Craig himself said that Brainy is cool not to stand in their way, which goes to show he wants her to be happy. And then again, we don\'t know much about him, so I guess I can\'t speak for him clearly. Craig could, though. Doi!

But anyhow, like I said, that\'s just my opinion. I\'m not doing it to prove a point or go all \"HAHAHA! LOOK AT ME!\" or anything. It\'s just what I want, you know? That\'s all it is. It\'s what I love. <3

Off track again!

xD

Ummm...

DANCE MAGIC!!!!!! 8D

Last edited by NintendoGal55 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
NintendoGal55
NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:38 am

Given her uh...relationship with her parents and that the only person outside of Arnold that she's really close to is Phoebe, I could certainly imagine Helga leaving Hillwood, especially for college. I always figured her and Arnold for the 'travel the world' sorts anyways.

quick edit: Not big on Helga/Gerald, but I actually really like Arnold/Phoebe. They seem like a realistic couple just...not as interesting as Arnold/Helga (this is opinion, obviously)

Last edited by Perhapsormaybe on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding something)
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Female Number of posts : 562
Favorite character : Helga
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:40 am

lol, Nintendo. Just lol.

Okay, fine, you win, Squirreltamer. I get your point. But I still... just don't prefer it. And I'm not interested in reading stuff that isn't Arnold/Helga. I'm just not.
Weird1
Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:41 am

lol, Nintendo. Just lol.

Okay, fine, you win, Squirreltamer. I get your point. But I still... just don't prefer it. And I'm not interested in reading stuff that isn't Arnold/Helga. I'm just not.
Weird1
Weird1

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:45 am

Weird1 wrote:lol, Nintendo. Just lol.

XD Thank you, Singr!

And yeah, I agree with you there. That's how I feel...as I edited up above. I quite honestly am not interested in stories that aren't ArnoldxHelga either.

I did read one where Helga and Arnold both were once in a relationship, Lila gets taken by Lorenzo and Arnold gets jealous when Lila is not single, breaks up with Helga to get her, and Helga ends up with an Italian guy named Carmine. There's a lot of Shakespeare dialogue that fit the situations and were all inserted from the plays (Romeo and Juliet, and A Midsummer Night's Dream), and Arnold just ends up with a random girl.

So, it WAS a good perspective on what could have happened if things screwed up between them, but in all honesty, I didn't like it. I just didn't. Like I said, it was well written, it was POSSIBLE, but it just wasn't for me.

And no worry, I said nothing to the author. C: I could NEVER do that. Read it, gave it a chance, didn't like it, moved on.
NintendoGal55
NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:46 am

Even though I LOVE Arnold/Helga, I do think it's interesting exploring other pairings. I like reading fics where Helga has to come to terms with the fact that Arnold will never love her. There are very few of them out there, but the ones I've read tackling that subject are really good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:47 am

While I prefer Helga/Arnold, I'm not adverse to the idea of reading a story with a different pairing. Helga/Arnold is my bread and butter, but the others can be good, too (I remember when I was little I thought Helga and Harold should get together for some reason...when I got older I preferred him with either Rhonda or Big Patty...I'm still not sure why I wanted to see that...)
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Female Number of posts : 562
Favorite character : Helga
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:49 am

It's cool that you guys are pretty much only Arnold/Helga-Gerald/Phoebe. That's rad.

But you gotta at least respect that other people aren't and not look down on them or condemn them for shipping something else.

But yeah. Basically, like what you like. XD

@Perhapsormaybe: I actually really dislike Arnold/Phoebe because I think they'd be boring. Lol!
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next