Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Big Scoop - March 12th

4 posters

Go down

The Big Scoop - March 12th Empty The Big Scoop - March 12th

Post by Annemiek Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:51 pm

The Big Scoop

["Facts, Helga. Facts. Okay, let's get crackin', we're on a deadline"]

WHERE ELSE CAN I WATCH THIS EPISODE?
Download: Hey Arnold! Torrent file (Season 1-5 You'll need a torrent client program to download, like Bittorrent, but it's worth it)
Buy: Amazon.com / I-tunes

The questions:

1) Would you like to work for a newspaper like Arnold and his friends do? What would you write? Facts, of fiction? And what would you prefer to read?

[Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Footballhead in love with an elm tree!]
2) Has anyone ever spread fake rumors about you?

3) In one shot, Maria had purple hair XD Not really a question, I just wanted to show ya:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/MysticTinker/maria.jpg

4) Any other thoughts?

REMINDER: You don't have to just answer the questions! Seriously, SAY ANYTHING YOU WANT. And respond to other people to keep the conversation flowing. Big Grin

Tomorrow:Harold's Kitty (3/13)

NEXT WEEK: Longest Monday (3/19) and Eugene's Pet (3/20)!!!

Last edited by Annemiek on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Female Number of posts : 518
Favorite character : Eugene <3
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: Eugene

http://www.ABCreatief.com

Back to top Go down

The Big Scoop - March 12th Empty Re: The Big Scoop - March 12th

Post by peachcake21 Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:00 am

1. I would write fiction but it would me along the lines of "The Adventures Of ...." I would read both.
2.Yep.
3.One time I pulled out a white hair and a red hair out of my head! XD That's what you get for not sleeping! XD
4.If Arnold wasn't kissing te tree than what was he kissing in that picture? XD
peachcake21
peachcake21

Female Number of posts : 378
Favorite character : HELGA!
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character Character: *waiting for one . . . *

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:17 am

1) Would you like to work for a newspaper like Arnold and his friends do? What would you write? Facts, of fiction? And what would you prefer to read?

My first school had a school newspaper that only 2 kids worked on. I'd read it just to mark through all the grammar mistakes (Yeah. I'm an annoying kind of person). The second one wasn't really trustworthy, but it was understandable. Basically a lot of "Isn't our school oh so wonderful? Did you catch that play? It was fantastic!" (...No. No it wasn't. I watched that play and the acting was dreadful. You lie, school syndicated newspaper, you LIE!!!). *cough*

I tend to read more fiction than nonfiction, though I do read an awful lot about serial killers (they're fascinating in a "What the heck was wrong with this person?" kind of way...)

[Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Footballhead in love with an elm tree!]
2) Has anyone ever spread fake rumors about you?

Typical she likes him (I didn't) junk.

3) In one shot, Maria had purple hair XD Not really a question, I just wanted to show ya:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/MysticTinker/maria.jpg

Sometimes I wonder if the artists do things like that out of boredom.

4) Any other thoughts?

The cheesy snack that smiles back until you bite their heads off! ...What? That's what's on my mind.

*ahem* I always enjoy the episodes where Helga plays the 'villain' role. Not because she's evil, but because it's a much more believeable situation than a lot of cartoons would come up with. Fighting supervillains at 9? Not likely. Fighting rumors? Incredibly likely. Plus I understand where she's coming from. School news is dreadfully boring (my school had some crazy things happen. We had a teacher attempt suicide in a classroom and another person successfully commit suicide on our softball field. These things were never touched on in press. I can understand why, but I really didn't want to read a bunch of articles about how great the school was when I didn't particularly like it in the first place).

Obviously, Helga was not in the right, but I can still understand her temptation to jazz things up. Helga's not a reporter. She's got too much imagination to limit herself to that (well, journalism can still require imagination, but you have to be able to reign yourself in. Helga, being 9, doesn't have that skill yet). Plus her version of the weather cracked me up.

Also, I know it's cropping two photos together, but does anyone else really want to know what Arnold was kissing in the first version of that picture, before Helga edited it to him kissing a tree? (I'm certain she has another copy in her room, edited so that he's kissing her).
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Female Number of posts : 562
Favorite character : Helga
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:34 am

1) My freshman year of high school, I took Journalism for a semester and wrote an article for the school newspaper. It was about students cheating and how it really hinders their education in the long run. As for working on a newspaper with Arnold, I would love that - it'd be a lot of fun. Arnold would be such a good boss. If I were to write for a newspaper, then I'd publish facts, but I love to read both nonfiction and fiction.

2) OH YES! Talk about ridiculous! The summer before seventh grade, a good friend of mine was turned against me because someone else started a rumor saying that I said my good friend didn't shower. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Plus it was lame that my friend believe the person who started the rumor just for the sake of causing drama. But it happened in middle school, and people can be really immature during that time. Since then, I've realized that it was my friend's loss and that if she was going to let a rumor I didn't start come between us just for the sake of making her life a soap opera, that our friendship was never meant to be in the first place.

3) That's pretty funny! I actually laughed when I saw that picture.

4) Some thoughts: Did Helga ever continue her ballet lessons? How long was she taking them before the picture was taken? Also, the kids who read Helga's newspaper must be DENSE - you could totally tell those pictures were cut and glued together! Sid should consider a career as a detective and/or photographer, I liked how ethics was brought into this episode, even if it was done subtly, and I think it's hilarious that when the kids are chanting, "No more lies!" that you can hear Stinky's voices above everyone else's. XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:36 am

My other question: How did Sid tale Helga without her noticing and NOT catch her doing an "Arnold-centric" monologue?
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:14 am

The Big Scoop - March 12th Arnoldelmtree
Yeah.. what could he be kissing??
I wonder XD

Arnold's so cute for not thinking about blackmailing Helga, but about Sid being a good photographer!
I always wondered how Sid made the pictures.
And I wonder what Arnold did with the pictures? Think he kept them? XD
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:28 am

@ Perhapsormaybe:

That's a really good question. Both Helga and Sid would have to be really elusive for Sid to be able to get all those photographs of Helga without him catching her profess her love for Arnold. Helga is extremely lucky that Sid didn't catch her in the act, considering that she spouts off her soliloquies to him practically everywhere.

Then again, Craig said that he did want to do an episode where Helga's love for Arnold is revealed to the class and everyone already knows about it - maybe in that episode Sid would've revealed that was how he found out?

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:19 pm

Damn you, Nickelodeon No Smile
I wish Craig had a chance to make that sixth season and make that episode, that would be SO awesome!!
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:20 pm

One Fine Wire: I approve of this theory. I like the idea that he caught her doing that but figured that was just a little too mean to reveal (or he even thought that everybody knew so he didn't bother)

I know, Anne...one of the most awesome moments could have been the reveal that everybody knew the whole time (I bet Mr. Simmons ended up nodding his head too...poor Arnold was the only one who had no idea)
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:27 pm

Yeah, that would be so awesome!!
I wonder if Gerald knew though.. I think he would have told Arnold if he had the slightest idea..
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:28 pm

Yeah, I don't think Gerald knew. I could be wrong, but it certainly didn't seem like he did.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:35 pm

Right, even in the first movie, he had absolutely no idea what Helga was doing on the bus
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:55 pm

Anyone ever notice that Helga was like the big bad villain in all the older episodes? As the series progressed, Helga began to make more and more sense, and get more and more in depth... and people began to like her more. Big Grin Now everyone loves her! If Arnold knew the whole story I bet he'd begin to like her more too... or love... Well, we know he falls for her in "The Jungle Movie", but watching past episodes like this make people think "What does he see in HER?!?!"... Helga's mom wasn't even introduced till... Geez... I don't know. But she wasn't shown at all during the first season. So Helga was just a bully with no morals back then. And in the episode "The Spelling Bee" (Or something like that), her dad showed a picture of him and Olga when she won the spelling bee... and she did NOT look like the Olga we know today! She had shoulder length hair, and a unibrow... A UNIBROW! OLGA! *Shakes head* I'm just glad they elaborated more on Helga's character, because back when I HATED this show, the only episodes I saw were from the first season, and Helga was a real jerk back then with no real reason for being a jerk, which lead me to hating Helga and the show... Now I love her, though, since she's so complicated and awesome! Big Grin

I guess my point behind that nice, big, juicy paragraph above is that Helga wasn't always an awesome character with a reason behind PRETENDING to not be an awesome person... but back in the older episodes, she was nothing but a villain who just happened to be secretly in love with her nemesis... XD
Weird1
Weird1

Female Number of posts : 386
Country : I live in the place, with the people, and the crap! That's all you need to know.
Favorite character : Helga! Doi!!!
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Character Character: Gerald

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:01 pm

Annemiek wrote:

And I wonder what Arnold did with the pictures? Think he kept them? XD

I could see him doing that. Maybe every time Helga is mean to him or does something sinister to him, he pulls out the humiliating pictures and smirks... XD

Or maybe he has one of them in a heart-shaped locket that he keeps in his sweater that he makes out with every night in secret... XD Oh... How ironic that would be...
Weird1
Weird1

Female Number of posts : 386
Country : I live in the place, with the people, and the crap! That's all you need to know.
Favorite character : Helga! Doi!!!
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Character Character: Gerald

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:24 pm

@ Perhapsormaybe: That, and he was also probably afraid of the wrath Helga would reign down if her secret got out! XD And I would've loved to have seen Mr. Simmons knowing Helga's secret along with the rest of the students. It's obvious that he does - he's bound to know with all the poetry Helga writes!

It's interesting to watch the earlier seasons and contrast them with the later ones. In the first two seasons, Helga didn't really have a motivation behind being a bully, but as the series progressed, Helga really grew as a character and we learned more about her insane family life. While I like this development, some people have criticized the show's later seasons for it. Critics claim that Helga's love for Arnold wouldn't be so deep and passionate, or that she wouldn't love him at all if her home life wasn't (as) dysfunctional. Also, some critics feel that as Helga's character developed more, that the show focused more on her and less on Arnold. I found these thoughts interesting.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:24 am

I thik the show did star showing more of her life, I wonder if Craig B. would have made more episodes envoled around other characters so that we could know what their lives are like, what would Curly's life like? XD
peachcake21
peachcake21

Female Number of posts : 378
Favorite character : HELGA!
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character Character: *waiting for one . . . *

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:54 am

Yeah, Craig Bartlett said he planned on showing more episodes about the secondary characters had Season 6 aired. I would've LOVED to have seen a Curly centric episode.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down