Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask the Character Request/Interest Thread

+3
hatterlet
Squirreltamer
Perhapsormaybe
7 posters

Go down

Ask the Character Request/Interest Thread Empty Ask the Character Request/Interest Thread

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:11 am

DO NOT TELL ME WHAT CHARACTER YOU WANT TO PLAY HERE All right? if it's known who you're auditioning for, the whole illusion gets shattered and then it's not quite as fun.

I'm just trying to see if there'd be any interest for this. I first encountered this on one board and later incorporated it somewhere else. How it would go is that there would be a member of the board specifically set up for everyone to ask the characters questions. Only one person is allowed to play that character in that section. After passing an 'interview', they'd be allowed to create a new profile using their character's name. Any official characters would not be allowed to reveal who they are unless they have to/want to give up their job (for example, they don't have time anymore. They can reveal who they are and then step down publically to allow someone else to take over their profile).

The only part that concerns me is that you guys would have to trust my judgement, as this is not really something that works well when put to voting. (which would also by why I myself will not be participating, as in running it, it's not fair for me to take a character without auditioning). If the forum moderators like this idea, and it gets approved, whoever wants to play a character would send me a pm merely stating what character they'd want to play. I'd send them back a PM containing a survey that has some generic questions and some tailored specifically for that character to answer (and yes, I usually include relationship questions, as it's a great way to see if someone's going to be in character or if they're just going to go along with how they wish it was. If a character doesn't have a romantic interest, I try to include random trivia, asking questions that other Hey Arnold! viewers should know the answer to). They must be answered in true canon, and as in character as possible to be considered. Sometimes it will be a random question you'd have to guess on, but when it's been stated specifically in an episode (or if it's stated often...like say, you tell me you want to play Stinky. If I send you the interview and you answer "What is your favorite flavor of pudding?" as "Chocolate", I'm probably going to send you a message asking you to refamiliarize yourself with that character and then come back and ask again).

It's really not very complicated, and it generally works out smoothly, so long as no one takes too many liberties (I did see one person at the first forum I saw this on attempt to pretend his character was dating an OC...when the character hooked up with someone in the finale, it effectively shattered the illusion).

You can only play one character at a time. If you start out as one and then decide you don't like it, you may step down and interview for a different character, but I can not guarantee that you'll get it.

Really, this can be a lot of fun. (Some of the best parts are arguing with the characters. I'm serious, messing with a character who's in denial about their crush gets really funny, if the rper is really into it and responds in character every time).

So...how do you guys feel about this idea? Would you be willing to try it? (AGAIN: DO NOT LIST WHAT CHARACTER YOU WOULD AUDITION FOR. You can tell me here if you'd be willing to audition, but please, please, please do not list who you want to be or I might have to disqualify you).
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Female Number of posts : 562
Favorite character : Helga
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Ask the Character Request/Interest Thread Empty Re: Ask the Character Request/Interest Thread

Post by Squirreltamer Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:27 am

This sounds pretty awesome! Also, I'd trust your judgement. Big Grin
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Female Number of posts : 596
Favorite character : Helga, Harold
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Character Character: Harold

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Ask the Character Request/Interest Thread Empty Re: Ask the Character Request/Interest Thread

Post by Squirreltamer Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:28 am

Oh wait! One question though.

If we do this we should probably take the characters as their nine year old selves as everyone sort of has different ideas about how they'd grow up, y'know?
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:13 am

Yes, I agree, nine.

But I'm all for it!
hatterlet
hatterlet

Female Number of posts : 421
Favorite character : Brainy
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Character Character: Phoebe

http://goodnightdannytrejo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:31 am

Oh, I should have clarified. *laughs* thanks for pointing that out - yes, this is traditionally done as the same age the characters are in the show, and given that Hey Arnold! has so many different opinions on how the characters will grow up, I agree that we should keep them all at 9 years old.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:04 am

Oh, and quick reminder...if you want to audition for several characters, that's fine, but the surveys will be sent out seperately, I need them returned seperately and if you have any questions ask them before even starting the survey.

If you are auditioning for a mean/weird/crazy character, do not be afraid to be kind of mean back to me on the audition. If you're Helga, to some degree Harold....some characters would respond to some questions rudely, and I probably snuck some of those types of questions in there on purpose, to see if you'd respond to it.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:13 am

This sounds pretty fun. 8D Let's give it a try!
NintendoGal55
NintendoGal55

Female Number of posts : 296
Favorite character : Arnold and Helga :D
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Character Character: Arnold

http://www.fanfiction.net/~nintendogal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:18 am

All righty. So far it's a free for all, but I'll be updating here whenever I've selected someone to take a character (and I will not be telling anyone who is playing who. But I will be keeping a list, in case someone acts up or goes missing and needs to be replaced).

I do encourage you to go for it if you're considering a character. The popular ones usually fill up fast!

I'd also like to note here that the characters are encouraged to interact with one another. One of the most hilarious things we had on one board while doing this was one of the male characters got onto another's thread to say "So...a lot of girls like us together. I'm just here to tell you, man, I am NOT interrested in you. Even if I were gay, I would not date you."...it was just fun watching the back-and-forth.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:21 am

Just wondering, are people still interested in this? I sent out some surveys that I never got back, and I've only had one person send them all back to me.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:10 pm

I plan to send mine back, but I'm at home on the laptop and computer time is sort of limited so I'm holding off until at least Sunday.
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:16 pm

AHHHHH! I'm so in, so in, so in, so in, so in, so in! SOOOOO IN!

This sounds AWESOME! Count me in.

So in.

Okay, now that I've established that I'm in... I'm in. in.

Awesome-I'm in-idea. I think this will-I'm in-be so-I'm in-fun! YAY!

XD
Weird1
Weird1

Female Number of posts : 386
Country : I live in the place, with the people, and the crap! That's all you need to know.
Favorite character : Helga! Doi!!!
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Character Character: Gerald

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:22 pm

*salutes* That's perfectly fine, Squirreltamer. I understand people are busy.

Cool, Weird1. ^_^
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefarious Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:18 am

Hmm? I never got any survey. Was I supposed to?

I'd like to audition as well.
Nefarious
Nefarious

Male Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Character Character: "Big" Gino

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:27 am

@Freddie. You have to pm perhapsormaybe and tell her what characters you are interested in trying for first.
hatterlet
hatterlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:33 am

How to is at the beginning, Fred. Just send me a pm with the character you want to be (You can audition for multiples, but each character has their own survey).
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:33 am

So far no characters are filled because I wanted everyone to get a chance. So far, Helga is easily the most popular character so if you want to audition for it, I suggest getting it in really quickly (Like I said, it's typically 'first come, first serve', but I realize a lot of people here are busy and I want to give everyone a fair chance to get things in. That being said, I would like to get this started by the end of next week.)

In the event that all of your surveys are good, I will probably single out the character I felt you played the best and ask you to take that one. Do not feel obligated to take the role. I will try to at least give you a choice if it's possible.

Quick note to the moderators/admins (are they called something else here?): Maybe not just yet, but soon could we get a seperate board on here for just Ask the Character? It helps because then you can sticky the rules and cut down on people thinking its just a free for all roleplay. If it's not too much trouble, anyways. Plus that way there can also be a stickyed section (am I spelling that right? Stickyed? Stickied?...bah) just to list which characters are taken and which are still up for grabs.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefarious Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:28 pm

In the future I should probably read instructions more thoroughly... ^_^0
Nefarious
Nefarious

Male Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Character Character: "Big" Gino

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:03 pm

A separate board for this is fine with me Smile
I'll add it in the games-section.

And you can be the moderator for that board so you can make your own stickies (or however you spell that XD ) and edit or remove posts if necessary.
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Female Number of posts : 518
Favorite character : Eugene <3
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character Character: Eugene

http://www.ABCreatief.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:03 pm

Thank you very much, Anne! ^_^
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:07 pm

Hahaha, me, Anne, and 'maybe are the mod squad Big Grin
hatterlet
hatterlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down