Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfic request

2 posters

Go down

Fanfic request Empty Fanfic request

Post by Hellerick Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:24 am

Hi, Annemiek!

I just had a thought... Could you post a story in Dutch on FanfictionNet? Even a shortie, even a drabble... I would really like to read something like that. Alsjebliiiiiift ;D

BTW, there is a girl, Phantom Amethyst, her mother language is Afrikaans. Dutch people can read in Afrikaans, right? Maybe you can help me to convince her to write something in her language?
Hellerick
Hellerick

Male Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Fanfic request Empty Re: Fanfic request

Post by Annemiek Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:24 am

Hi ^^

LOL
Funny that you like Dutch, actually I don't like the language at all XDD Sounds so stupid and boring and mean XD

I can read African a little bit yeah, it's not the same, but they do use a lot of Dutch words.

If you'd like to watch some dutch Hey Arnold! episodes.. there are some on the dutch Nick site (be warned, the voices are unbelievably lame XDD Especially Phoebes voice.. and Phil's even worse XD)
http://www.nickelodeon.nl/turbonick/programma/73/hey-arnold.html

And I think I can write a Dutch drabble for you ^^
I don't have a fanfiction account yet, maybe I'll make one soon, but I can post it here for you a well Smile
I'll try to think of a little story tomorrow.
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Female Number of posts : 518
Favorite character : Eugene <3
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: Eugene

http://www.ABCreatief.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:37 am

I have already watched episodes in Dutch, and they were TERRIBLE. I have not seen Phoebe, but I was shocked by Arnold's "grown-up" voice.

Probably Dutch is not a well-sounding language (Jonathan Swift wrote that it's most suitable for speaking to horses), but it's a cool-looking language with relatively simple and sensible grammar and orthography.

And I just like the idea that there will be more HA! fanfics in different languages on FanfictionNet. Currently we have five languages: English, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, and Tagalog. (No matter how I tried I did not manage to read the story in Tagalog -- the only word I understand is "Gerald"). Let everyone see that Hey Arnold is an international phenomenon!

If you are not going to acquire an FFN account, I'll ask you for permission to publish the story for you myself.
Hellerick
Hellerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Wed May 13, 2009 11:53 pm

I've been working on a fanfic for the past week ^^
A sixth-season episode idea.. About Helga's cousin, Hilda. I have a great idea for a story, just need to work it out. But I'm writing it in English first, and I'll translate it to Dutch later. When I'm trying to write, I just loose all my inspiration when imagining what they would say in Dutch >< They totally loose their character with those stupid voices o_O
Anyway, I made an account a few days ago, I'll soon post the first chapter on FFN, and I'll place the link here on the forum ;D
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Female Number of posts : 518
Favorite character : Eugene <3
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: Eugene

http://www.ABCreatief.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Thu May 14, 2009 8:30 pm

Hilda?! Cool! "Arnold Visits Arnie" is my most favorite episode. I had many ideas of that kind myself. Like, after the episode "Road Trip" Helga and Miriam finally get to her Grandma's (Geraldine) house, only to discover that her neighbor is the infamous Arnie, and Helga's cousin has a crush on him. This Helga-Hilda-Arnold-Arnie-Lila-Lulu love hexagon is one of the most amazing creatures of Craig Bartlett's mind -- it could be developed into incredible schemes, not to mention that having a Lila's relative there could cast light on the mystery of Lila's origin (and I believe there is a mystery in it), -- it's such a pity that these opportunities are neglected by fanfiction writers!

I had yet one absolutely crazy idea about Hilda... I guess I'm gonna tell you it later.

I have caused yet one person to become a fanfic writer... I'm very proud of myself. ;D
Hellerick
Hellerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down