Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Fellow Hay Arnold Fans.

2 posters

Go down

Hello Fellow Hay Arnold Fans.  Empty Hello Fellow Hay Arnold Fans.

Post by MollyMittens Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:27 pm

Hey All,
First off: I wanted to use the SN of Helga, or something with her name in there because she's my favorite character. But, I thought it would be wrong to take that name. There are others, I am sure, who like her as much and maybe more so then I do and I didn't want to hog the name for myself. So, I chose a name I use on DA.com instead.

I have been a long time watcher of Hey Arnold and recently joined a few groups on DA.com and wanted to expanded my obsession further by finding a message board to chat on. What a search! Most places have been unused for years, while others are even further outdated. I have to say, for as much "Save the Jungle Movie" and "The Pataki's" Websites I have seen, I thought that MBs would be just as rampant. Thank god for you guys! After a quick look around I can see that this place is chockfull of people who want chat about the boy in blue, and girl in pink.

OK, now on to the nitty gritty:
I watched this show from the start when the pilot "24 hours to Live" was shown before the "Harriet the Spy" movie. From there, I went on to watch every episode Nick could throw at me. But it was not until I watched it again in my 20s did I really see what a great show this was. Not only did they have funny jokes, and great characters, but it also brought to life an issue not many kids shows dealt with. Alcoholism. Craig Bartlett didn't just make Helga the mean kid, he made her a kid who had no choice but to be mean. She was ignored at home, her mother was always on something, and she could never bring herself to express to Arnold what she really felt. Because of this I find Helga Pataki to be a complex person. Would she still be mad if her mother got Help? Would she still be teasing Arnold if he acted on her revealed feelings in the movie? If, for instance, he had took her in his arms and said "Helga, I do care about you," would she still be the same? These topics and more are the things I'd like to talk about here.

I have explored a few these topics in fan-fiction. I don't know why, but getting inside Helga's head is SO fun!

Oh, and one more thing. Can we ever get The Pataki's made? I want to see that! The Jungle Movie too. We can't have "The Journal" be all there is! I cried like baby when I saw that, and that was last month! Ok, this is getting long. Sorry....
MollyMittens
MollyMittens

Female Number of posts : 10
Favorite character : Helga G. Pataki.
Registration date : 2010-12-18

Back to top Go down

Hello Fellow Hay Arnold Fans.  Empty Re: Hello Fellow Hay Arnold Fans.

Post by MollyMittens Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:08 pm

Does anyone even post here anymore?
MollyMittens
MollyMittens

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:37 pm

Hi Molly. Welcome to (what's left of ) the club!

Up until about a year ago, the board was still active, although small. Usually things pick up in the fall and winter, come spring and summer, things die down. I still pop on every so often, but I haven't seen any of the old members around in a while.

It's great to have new people around! Like I said, I'm available to chat, if you like, and maybe a little activity will bring people back to the board.

Again, welcome!
hatterlet
hatterlet

Female Number of posts : 421
Favorite character : Brainy
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: Phoebe

http://goodnightdannytrejo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyMittens Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:45 pm

I am glad at least someone is here. I even contemplated opening up another board, but I have seen what that does to people. I used to frequent a Sonic SatAM message board and every now and again the owner sounded bitchy. At first I didn't see any reason for it because it seemed senseless. But then I saw that people drove the owner to be that way. People asked questions that certain threads already dealt with and often asked of old drama that no one wanted to bring up. I guess she just got tired of it all, and I don't want that to happen to me. Do you think if we let people know on the DA sights about this forum people will come to chat. Oh, and a chat between us would seem nice. I have AIM. Try MollyMittensEyes if your up for it.
MollyMittens
MollyMittens

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:00 pm

Well, to be frank, I kind of troll around this place in my offtime, rereading posts and such. I think for the most part everyone around here is still in fairly good humor- Anne's (the admin) a real sweetheart.

We've done some promotions in the past, particularly when we needed characters for the roleplay and the Ask a Character board. The last time posts were consistent around here was... lets see... March? April? I think that's about what time everyone started getting out of school and such.

And I think questions arent' that big of a deal. To be honest, we don't have enough people around here when we are busy to have more than a few dozen threads, so most of the time if you can't immediately get an answer to something in a few minutes of looking, it hasn't been asked. And if you ever have any issues like that, just ask me. I'll try to help. Smile

Well, I haven't given up yet, and I keep kicking the dog hoping it will come back. Some of my best friends are on this board.
hatterlet
hatterlet

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyMittens Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:29 pm

Well thats good to hear. I really found Ask A Character roleplay to be really innovative and interesting. All the answers I read really fit the character they were trying to be. I often wonder if Craig Bartlett would agree with their answers.

Do you know if Ask A Character will continue? I hope so. I asked Helga a question that would be interesting to know the answer to. But then again, I won't die if my query is never answered.

What I find odd about this board is that after March it seems a large amount of the users stopped coming by. Most colleges don't let out until at least early May, and regular schools don't get out until at lest mid-june, so I wonder why... Well...no matter. I guess if I really want to..I can post here and hope for the best. Thank you for replying to me. It's nice to know that some people still come by.
MollyMittens
MollyMittens

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:37 pm

My school gets out mid April, and up until that point it's three weeks of a mad dash towards finals. For me, that always means a thousand hefty papers (I'm an English major, concentration writing.)
hatterlet
hatterlet

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyMittens Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:48 pm

Small world. Thats what I majored in, so I know how that can be. My last semester was really tough because of the senior writing project I had to do. It might have only been 30 pages, but it was 30 pages of a story that was kinda far out from the usual stuff I write.
I just graduated last spring and I'm still looking for work. I wish you the best of luck! Also, if you're ever working on something and need some feedback, I am always willing to read.
MollyMittens
MollyMittens

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:13 pm

Have you ever done NaNoWriMo? I spent all of November churning out a 50,000 word novel that I'm having a tough time editing. Have any tips?
hatterlet
hatterlet

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyMittens Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:22 pm

What is NaNoWriMo? One tip I am sure you've heard is reading your work backwards. It brakes up the normal flow so you can read each sentence as it is, as apposed to as you'd like it to be. Or, you can also have your text read aloud on the computer. I have a Mac and having it read to me has helped me iron out a lot of grammar issues I usually have. May I ask what the novel was about?
MollyMittens
MollyMittens

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:59 pm

NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. The point is to try and write 50000 words of a novel in the month of November. If you finish it by the deadline, you get a special code and there is a website where you can have a printed copy of your book made for free.

My book was about this guy named Connor who invented orbiting solar panels to solve an energy crisis about a hundred years in the future. His idea is twisted during production to turn them into basically floating billboards. Eventually the corrupt corporate head who did this covers up the entire sky with the boards, leading to a whole load of problems. Meanwhille, Connor is pulled out of his self-imposed hermitage to help a girl find her twin sister who has run away.
hatterlet
hatterlet

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:00 pm

Here, I'll PM you a chunk.
hatterlet
hatterlet

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyMittens Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:02 am

Got them, and will read them.
MollyMittens
MollyMittens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down