Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Play!

+3
Nefarious
agshepherd
Annemiek
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Let's Play! - Page 4 Empty Re: Let's Play!

Post by Annemiek Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:35 pm

Great new post, Freddie ^^
And a good idea to discuss the RP here.
I like the truth or dare game LOL XD Although I don't think anyone will actually tell the truth about the really interesting things ><
First of all they'd need sleeping bags I guess. Playing games and telling scary stories with a flashlight shining under their face is always fun.. But that might get a little bit boring..
Maybe a stupid idea.. but we could get them into a situation that they eventually have to work together with Wolfgang to be able to escape XD
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Female Number of posts : 518
Favorite character : Eugene <3
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: Eugene

http://www.ABCreatief.com

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:55 am

Yeah but what kind of plan? Aside just waiting to get dug out? I mean even if they could get out they cant go anywhere cause of the snow.
agshepherd
agshepherd

Female Number of posts : 221
Favorite character : Pooter
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Character Character: Helga

http://soapboxshouts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:22 am

The secret tunnels under their neighborhood like the one in the movie maybe? Wow LOL Maybe they can find a hidden door in the basement of the store XD
Let's Play! - Page 4 Tunnels

They'll hear on a radio (one that runs on batteries) that it'll take days for the snow to melt, so they'll try to find.. something XD in the basement, and they'll find the secret door by accident. It's rusty and hasn't been opened in years, so they'll need Wolfgang to help em open it..
They'll pack some food and blankets and go into the tunnels, but it's very dark and there are rats and most of the exits are closed because of the snow of course. So they need to find an exit to another basement, maybe there's one in Arnolds basement ;D
But they get lost first..

I don't really have any better ideas.. XD
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:50 pm

They could go climbing through the sewers?
hatterlet
hatterlet

Female Number of posts : 421
Favorite character : Brainy
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Character Character: Phoebe

http://goodnightdannytrejo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:42 pm

I like your idea Anne Big Grin
agshepherd
agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefarious Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:47 am

Alright, well, I wrote up a timeline for the Wal-Mart RP. It's merely a guideline and shouldn't be treated as concrete-- but if you're unsure of where to go and need a point of reference to keep the story moving then feel free to use it. I'll probably add more to it as the plot advances, but for now there's a decent amount of material to work with. I hope you find it useful.

Wal-Mart Timeline:

Prologue:

Mickey “The Weasel” smooth talks Harold with some waffle fries and fancy words. Mickey tells Harold to take his friends and check out the Wal-mart late tonight. Something amazing is going to happen there. Now, many people think Harold is stupid. He isn't, really. Harold happens to be a slow, methodical thinker. What he IS, is really gullible. It is woefully easy to convince him of just about anything.

Harold informs Sid about what he's been told, who then naturally goes to Gerald with the rumor of a mystery at Wal-Mart at night. An urban legend in the making, perhaps? The story is so suspiciously vague, it could be the plot for an old school Scooby-Doo episode. Gerald turns to Arnold for a second opinion, but any decision Arnold makes regarding “mysteries” is always going to be: “Adventure?? Let's go check it out!” (100% of the time.) It's like the kid can't not go looking for trouble. The fishier a situation is, the quicker he wants to get there.

Sid and Harold come with, and Stinky tags along with them because he generally does what they do. Helga overhears their plan and promptly calls them idiots for wanting to investigate something so blatantly stupid, but seeing as how they're just going down to the Wal-Mart and not some godforsaken treasure cave or abandoned building (for once) she might as well come along and see if anything happens. Phoebe goes where Helga goes, and so does Brainy. Rhonda and Lila cross paths with the crowd of their friends on the street, discover what they're up to, and decide to go along. Rhonda is reluctant to be left out of ANY social event, and Lila just loves adventures ever so much. Curly climbs out of a bush nearby and follows them. Rhonda accuses him of stalking (Helga becomes mysteriously quiet for awhile) but Curly insists that he always travels through bushes when going from place to place (to confuse his enemies.) Eugene is out riding his bike, sees his friends, pedals over to say hi, crashes, and then says hi. Boy, he says, a mystery sure sounds like fun! No ones wants him to come along, but at this point Arnold is of the opinion that Eugene might as well. Just about everyone else in their class is.

They arrive at the store. Nothing out of the ordinary is readily apparent. The lights are on (although this particular branch closes at night due to staffing issues) and the automatic doors are still open. You're probably of the opinion that trespassing is not a good idea. I agree, but this is the HA cast we're talking about. They do it all the time. In the name of curiosity and adventure. Plus, they're teenagers now. Stupid ideas sound like really good ideas at that age. Even to smart teenagers. Arnold leads the way inside, and everyone follows. Once they're all in, Wolfgang appears from some hiding place and locks the doors behind them. He takes the time to advertise that fact with several colorful taunts before walking off.

Story Begins:

Great. Now we're all trapped. Let's yell about whose fault it is. If you ask me, they all made the decision to come completely on their own, but if you want to get technical-- it was Harold who started the chain. Arnold attempts to keep the peace by assigning everyone a job to do. This splits the group up, but at least they won't be bickering at one another all night. Someone will let them out in the morning, and in the meantime it couldn't hurt to look for an alternate exit.

While the other kids are off in different areas of the store, Sid breaks away and does some wandering around of his own. He returns to the front doors and discovers that the weather outside has made a considerable turn for the worse. No one is going anywhere even if they could get out. As Sid is wont to do, he panics. Soon after, Sid comes to the conclusion that panicking all alone is pointless, so he decides to go back, tell the others, and then panic. Makes perfect sense, right?

Around the same time, Wolfgang reveals that he isn't finished with the freshmen, and sets off a series of four explosions throughout the store. Thoroughly freaking everyone out. Sid hears the explosions too, but powers through and returns to his friends. He already has something to panic about. One thing at a time.

Sid returns and not-so-gently breaks the news to Arnold and the others. Some of them panic, some don't, and some crack wise. Helga takes charge of the situation and begins commanding the kids to start stockpiling for a long stay in the Wal-Mart. The idea of making a fort somewhere being the general plan. Arnold supports her and uses his slightly more diplomatic influence to promote cooperatation. Construction begins. Helga handles the strenuous duties of supervising while everyone else deals with mundane, simple tasks... such as the actual work. They nearly finish lining the great walled heap of blankets and food when the heat starts to steadily rise in the store, courtesy of Wolfgang's on-going plan to split them all up. Suddenly they don't need the fort anymore. It's stuffy and too hot.

No one likes to have their time wasted (even when all they have is time) and so the majority of the group become angry with Helga and Arnold (mostly Helga) and strike off on their own looking for ways to keep cool. Harold squishes his face against the front door, unwilling to accept the glass barrier between him and the snow outside. The temperature control is probably in the office area. Where Wolfgang is likely to be. No one wants to go looking for it.

The groups of friends are fractured, which is exactly what Wolfgang wanted and Arnold was trying to prevent. Arnold sits on the floor and sighs, disenchanted with the whole situation. Unlike the others, Arnold blames himself for bringing them here-- he was, after all, the one who really wanted to come. Helga assures him that it's not his fault, it's Wolfgang's. Besides, life would be pretty boring if he wasn't always dragging them off on his football-headed adventures. Encouraged (and fed up with Wolfgang's bullcrap), Arnold thanks Helga and sets off to confront Wolfgang.

Accompanying him (because they're the only ones left) are Helga, Gerald, Phoebe, and Brainy. They don't know that, of course. Brainy is lurking nearby. Unseen. It'd be strange if he actually went with them under normal circumstances. While looking for Wolfgang, the group comes across an unconscious and bloody nosed Curly. Helga slaps him about the cheeks a couple times and helps him up. His glasses lenses are crushed behind repair. Curly claims that he might have an idea where Wolfgang is, and agrees to help Arnold on the condition that someone be his eyes. Helga laughs and volunteer's Arnold, who has some experience in being a seeing-eye boy. Fine, but no piggy back rides.

Curly does his best to describe where Wolfgang could have been headed, and remains surprisingly serious and not weird. His friends don't think too much about it. Curly drifts in and out of his loonier personality. Together they reach the door that, according to Curly, leads to the Wal-Mart master control room. Gerald expresses his skepticism. Dude, it's a Wal-Mart. What is there to control? Ignoring the question, Curly leans in and sniffs the keypad keys one by one, raising a few eyebrows. He then punches in the correct sequence, opening the door. Wow Curly, that was... awesome. Weird and seemingly impossible, but awesome. So what was beyond the door? They never find out. Wolfgang stepped out shortly after the door was unlocked.
Nefarious
Nefarious

Male Number of posts : 150
Favorite character : Helga
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Character Character: "Big" Gino

Back to top Go down

Post by coloredskies84 Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 pm

Wow, Freddie. That must have taken alot of time and thought. I'm highly impressed. That's a completely brilliant timeline. I love it. The only part I thought was important that you left out (probably by accident) was when they first get into the Walmart, Wolfgang beats up Gerald and Brainy. I remember reading through the roleplay before I decided to join, there was no one to play either of those characters, so as a way to explain their absense (especially Gerald's) they were both punched out by Wolfgang. The way I saw it at the time in my head, Gerald got pretty pissed-off at Wolfgang and responded pretty heavily to his taunts. Wolfgang was just like "you wanna fight, Tall Hair?" so they do but Gerald gets knocked out for a while. Wolfgang just knocks Brainy out for no real reason except to show the others (but they didn't see all of this) who's the real boss. Heh, sorry if I'm being too nit-picky. :/ I believe the part we're at at the moment is when Helga is starting to yell at everyone about the stockpiling. I'll be writing a real post in the Walmart RP very soon, I promise. Smile
coloredskies84
coloredskies84

Female Number of posts : 45
Favorite character : Helga, Arnold, Gerald, Phoebe
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Character Character: Gerald, Brainy

https://www.youtube.com/coloredskies84

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefarious Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:31 pm

*Snaps fingers* I knew I was forgetting something. You're right. I totally left out that part. I'll re-write the prologue next time I expand the timeline.
Nefarious
Nefarious

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Fri May 15, 2009 5:57 am

Okay, so this probably isn't the first thing that I should post here after being MIA for so long, but would you guys be up for starting something new?

The Walmart RP is still rocking, but I'm just sort of overwhelmed? Haha. There's A LOT of characters running around and people taking control of this and that and I don't even know what's what anymore. Also (and this is just a personal thing), the fact that they were in a Walmart has always sort of bothered me, because it just doesn't seem like... Hey Arnold.

I think it'd be sort of neat to have an RP going where each of us could only have one character. I think it'd be kind of fun to have a situation and only about six/seven characters. I dunno, I just sort of dig the limitations it would put on things. What happens when we get into a situation that has a Helga and no Arnold? Or a Gerald without a Phoebe? It makes the characters act in ways they normally wouldn't. :\

Anyway, that's all just an idea. I also plan to go back through stuff tonight and drag Harold back into the mix of things. Thanks for taking care of him Freddie. Big Grin
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Female Number of posts : 596
Favorite character : Helga, Harold
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Character Character: Harold

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Fri May 15, 2009 6:00 am

Sure I dont mind starting something new if you'd like to do that Alyssa. Smile

Maybe a less hectic plot line. Did you have any ideas for a plot or setting?
agshepherd
agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefarious Fri May 15, 2009 1:55 pm

Heh heh! No problem. Harold seemed kind of lost in space for a long time. I was wondering what happened to him myself.

I wouldn't mind starting a new RP. Smile
Nefarious
Nefarious

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Sat May 16, 2009 12:34 am

And I don't mind either ^^
Indeed it's getting a bit confusing with all those people running all over the place.
I love the idea of having less characters in the new game, one for each ;D

As for the plot line.. I'll try to think of some ideas..
I've always liked urban legends.. haunted train and wheezing ed are awesome! And I think legends like ghost bride and headless cabbie would be a great plot for a story. So, maybe we could think of another legend??
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Sun May 17, 2009 4:50 am

Another legend is a good idea! Big Grin
agshepherd
agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefarious Mon May 18, 2009 1:05 am

More legends, eh? Here's a real legend from nearby where I live:

Cry Baby Bridge. An old wooden bridge in a local park, where on Halloween night, the crying of babies can be heard. Beneath the bridge lurks... the Goat Man! A hideous troll so named for his curved horns. He lays in wait for the foolish individuals who come to the listen to the cries of the long dead infants whom he stole from cradles to lure vengeful parents to their doom. The Goat Man can only be seen by children or those who have not yet lost their innocence. He cannot be harmed by conventional weapons such as blades or bullets. Instead, he fears only... milk! Yes. Milk. It scorches him like acid.

I'll ask around for some more, and also try to make up one or two.
Nefarious
Nefarious

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Mon May 18, 2009 1:11 am

. . . . . . . . . . . . ROFLMAO! Goat Man!? XDD

Even so, nothing is more terrifying than crying dead children. o0;
agshepherd
agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Tue May 19, 2009 11:12 am

ROFL that's awesome Freddie XDD Kinda scary too LOL
It's funny that you have a goat man over there, cause we have the legend of the goat riders here ;D A legend about thieves and murderers, in a few stories they are compared to Robin Hood. They hid in secret tunnels across our city and a couple of miles further south, and they lived in the forest, that's why they had to ride goats. It all happened several centuries ago (around the 18th century). It was also said that the members had made a pact with Satan and rode through the sky on the backs of bucks.
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefarious Tue May 19, 2009 5:50 pm

I think we should just pick an episode idea from Tendra's list of possible 6th season ideas. There's no reason we can't modify them to fit teenage versions of the characters-- or play them as nine year olds. (If they could ever really be considered nine of course.)
Nefarious
Nefarious

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Tue May 19, 2009 9:33 pm

Yeah, that's a great idea! If Tendra's okay with that.
I don't even mind playing them as 9 year olds. I like their innocence, and indeed they don't act like 9-years old anyway, I believe Craig even said they are more like 14-year olds.
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Thu May 21, 2009 8:01 pm

Might as well just say they are 14 then? XD

So who's starting and when?
agshepherd
agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Thu May 28, 2009 4:14 pm

Geez, sorry for not being here for so long Lips are sealed Shame on me ><

I'll start a new topic in which we can decide who wants to play, and choose characters and a storyline and stuff.
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4