Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules- Please read!

Go down

Rules- Please read! Empty Rules- Please read!

Post by hatterlet Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:36 pm

Hey everyone. I’ve spoken to Anne about this, and since more people are joining the board, I thought it was time we had some concrete rules hammered out. If you have any issues or suggestions, PM me, SquirrelTamer, or Annemiek, your humble mods and Admins.

Ok, Generic board rules.

1. Although there are places for alternate languages, please stick with English. It just makes it easier for all those involved. Using the English language entails that you will use proper grammar, syntax, and spelling. Not to say that a person can’t make a mistake, but if it becomes a habit, corrective action will be taken. Be afraid, be very afraid.

2. In terms of English, please no Chatspeak! If u talk leik dis, evry1 will jst b annoyed + no 1 will talk 2 u. I am an English major and will delete any post containing chatspeak.

3. Stick with the generic text layout. I know we all like to be unique, but scrolling down the page and having fifteen different colors of text, twelve different fonts, and a million different sizes is going to give everyone a headache. Just stick with the text it gives you.

4. Also, stick with generic smilies. Again with the creative outlet, but making up smilies means that the reader has to figure out if your cat walked across the keyboard or you are trying to wink at them. Use the ones to the right of the posting box and everyone will get along just fine.

5. No one word posts. If it’s not important enough to warrant more than one word, don’t post it. The exception is the one-word game, of course.

6. No flaming other users. If you have an issue with someone, PM a mod and they will take care of it. This board is meant to have fun, not to spend your time yelling at someone.

And now some RP rules. Generic rules apply, of course, but these are specific to the RP

1. When talking out of character, place your text in double parentheses ((like this)). That lets the reader know that you are talking as yourself, not your character.

2. This is an intelligent RP, not a bunch of gibbering fangirls. Do not Sue! Mary-Sues or Gary-Stus will not be tolerated and will be asked to leave. Go here to make sure you are not Sue-ing.

3. Please don’t apply for the RP unless you are committed. We count on each of our characters to be involved. I’m not saying you have to post every day, because even I don’t post every day. But don’t apply to be Helga, then not log in for two months.

4. Please, no forced romances! If you want to include romance in your character, please talk to the other half of the pairing to make sure they are comfortable with it. And if they aren’t, don’t force them! If it’s alright with them, I don’t see a problem with it.

5. Finally, keep it PG-13 at the most. If you all are interested in something R or above, put it in a different thread with a warning. We don’t know who lurks on here, and we don’t want a young child stumbling on to something like that.

Alright, I think that’s all. If anyone sees any glaring errors or omissions, let me know.
hatterlet
hatterlet

Female Number of posts : 421
Favorite character : Brainy
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: Phoebe

http://goodnightdannytrejo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down