Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arnold's Valentine - Feb 19th

4 posters

Go down

Arnold's Valentine - Feb 19th Empty Arnold's Valentine - Feb 19th

Post by Annemiek Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:38 pm

Arnold's Valentine

Arnold's Valentine - Feb 19th Valentines-1
["There's one thing I still don't understand.. Who are you?"]

["Chauffeur, á la tour awful, silver plate!"]

WHERE CAN I WATCH THIS EPISODE?
Download: Hey Arnold! Torrent file (Season 1-5 You'll need a torrent client program to download, like Bittorrent, but it's worth it)
Watch Online: http://www.bigvidpro.com/?v=aOLPt7BXBm2jSVTI5Rhskw (I tested it once, but can't guarantee it works for everyone)
Buy: Amazon.com / I-tunes

The questions:

1) Why didn't Arnold recognize Helga? And do you think that, after the movie, he realizes that it was Helga? Tell me your thoughts on this one!

2) Ruth.. What do you think of her?

["Well.. maybe she is not the girl for you. Maybe the girl for you is someone you didn't expect. After all, the most beautiful gift can come in the plainest box." "You know, I think you're right."]
3) "The most beautiful gift can come in the plainest box." Do you agree?

4) What do you think Arnold did with the shoe and the letter?

REMINDER: You don't have to just answer the questions! Seriously, SAY ANYTHING YOU WANT. And respond to other people to keep the conversation flowing. Big Grin

NEXT WEEK: Save the Tree (2/26) and New Teacher (2/27)!!!

Last edited by Annemiek on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Female Number of posts : 518
Favorite character : Eugene <3
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: Eugene

http://www.ABCreatief.com

Back to top Go down

Arnold's Valentine - Feb 19th Empty Re: Arnold's Valentine - Feb 19th

Post by HelgaPat Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:16 pm

1. I think he just didn't want to believe it at first.. he was like.. it CAN'T be Helga, she's mean..
I think he knows after the movie, after her confession! He HAS to!

2. She's not very smart :P now which sixth-grader doesn't know who anonymous is?!

3. YES!
Helga isn't that plain though XD

4. He kept it! Definitely! I think it's somewhere in his room, next to the pink book Meow

HelgaPat

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:46 pm

oogla boogla oogla!
you said say anything

1.Helga seems to have an hourglass body , so it makes it look so different from the dress pluss she acted nicer/i dunno

2.plain and acts like alot of people i know (im just sourrounded by people like that but my friends and other people rock!)

3.yep! if you would see how I look everyday you wouldnt have the impression of 'peachcake21' until you know me

4.HE KEPT IT! I bet when he didnt like like Lila anymore he took it out and huged it like a teddy bear
lol
peachcake21
peachcake21

Female Number of posts : 378
Favorite character : HELGA!
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character Character: *waiting for one . . . *

Back to top Go down

Post by Inuyatta Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:10 am

Oh sweeeet, I've been waiting to get to this episode with other folks for a while.

1.) Her posture, and the get-up, plus Arnold is very, very gullible.

2.) Ruth is your typical self-absorbed prissy pre-teen--they never really flesh her out enough to let you know if she gets better, but she seems to have found happiness with the busboy, so that's great. Though...I really hope that busboy is only like...14-15ish, or he's gonna be getting some crap for dating a 6th grader.

3.) Agree completely--though in Helga's case, it's rather like thin Christmas wrap taped over a bright lamp. You can definitely tell something's in there, but the wrapping hides your view.

4.) I honestly believe Arnold has kept the letter and the shoe hidden in a box somewhere in his room...probably along with the little Pink book. I imagine he occasionally takes it out and reads through it on a whim, or subconsciously grabs for it when he's feeling kinda blah. Going by how the series progresses, however, I suspect that subconsciously, Arnold was piecing together the clues and knows somewhere deep down that it was all Helga. If there were ever to be a 6th season, I would imagine that Arnold would eventually come to consciously realize that Helga does, indeed, love him and he would also have to acknowledge just how far back her feelings go and to what extent they've grown.

I love watching Hey Arnold! for many things, the Arnold/Helga aspect being one of them. While it is great fun watching Helga and her crazy antics, it is also fascinating for me to watch Arnold and how his reactions towards Helga start to evolve due to his subconscious reactions and realizations. I think I'll save that more for when we get to 'April Fools Day'.

Inuyatta

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:02 am

1) Well I agree with what some other people said. Maybe deep down Arnold kind of knew, but was denying it. And at the same time, her posture, get up, her sweetness... Plus, he's gullible. But I think after the movie, he knows. xD

2) Ruth... Well, I know she's not a bad person or anything, I don't hate her or anything like that. She's just not a favourite character of mine, and really, I just couldn't care less. Plus, she's a pre-teen snob and I really don't like those kinds of girls. Maybe she grew up, but we never know this. Not that it really matters.

["Well.. maybe she is not the girl for you. Maybe the girl for you is someone you didn't expect. After all, the most beautiful gift can come in the plainest box." "You know, I think you're right."]
3) I absolutely agree. ^^ It's very true, and just reminds us that the simplest things in life can also be beautiful. And it's very true, Arnold soon realizes that the girl who's perfect for him was the least expected candidate.

4) I agree with what Inuyatta said. That seems very likely. I think he does keep the shoe, the letter, and the little pink book. C:
NintendoGal55
NintendoGal55

Female Number of posts : 296
Favorite character : Arnold and Helga :D
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Character Character: Arnold

http://www.fanfiction.net/~nintendogal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:11 am

1) Why didn't Arnold recognize Helga? And do you think that, after the movie, he realizes that it was Helga? Tell me your thoughts on this one!

I think Arnold's so used to Helga's attitude that her being nice was actually a far better disguise than any mask could have been. I'd love for him to have recognized her, but I love the theory that it's only after they're dating that she finds 'Cecile''s shoe in his closet, and he realizes it fits Helga and puts the whole thing together....

2) Ruth.. What do you think of her?

Ruth is a self-centered little brat who did not ever deserve Arnold. Plus she's clearly not very bright. "You know...like all those poems at school, they're all written by 'Anonymous'". ...Seriously? How did you graduate to sixth grade, Ruth?

3) "The most beautiful gift can come in the plainest box." Do you agree?
Absolutemente. But Helga's selling herself short. This episode was probably the one to definitively prove that Helga IS pretty.

4) What do you think Arnold did with the shoe and the letter?
I think they're in a box in his closet. Arnold gets hung up on things easily, I bet he still takes them out every once in a while and rereads the letter and looks at the shoe, trying to figure it all out.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Female Number of posts : 562
Favorite character : Helga
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:55 am

1) I agree with Perhapsormaybe on this. Helga's nicer attitude is such a huge contrast to how she normally acts. Plus, she looked different, physically, but also displayed more of a subtle confidence. Typically, Helga acts like a bully, but we know it's only because she's insecure. She hides herself because she's afraid no one will accept that. Helga's real self is that she has a quiet confidence, but is nice, passionate, a writer, and dreamer. I think it's possible that Arnold might have known on a subconscious level that Helga was actually Cecile, but I do think that Helga letting down her bullying facade was a disguise in and of itself.

I do think Arnold realized eventually that Helga was Cecile. At the end of the movie, he knows Helga still loves him even though she said her outburst was "A heat of the moment" kind of thing. He definitley would've realized it after "The Jungle Movie".

2) I think Ruth is shallow; she came across that way in her conversation with Arnold, and the whole Anonymous thing - that was bad. Then again, I guess we can see where Arnold would be attracted to her, since her head is shaped the same way as Stella's is. Arnold was clearly attracted to Ruth's looks, but he obviously didn't think too much of her personality.

3) I agree with that quote, and it's highly ironic Helga said it. She really is beautiful, both inside and out, but she makes herself appear very plain. If she let her hair down and got rid of that unibrow, she'd be turning heads. Also, if she shakes off her bullying facade and lets the world see her real self, that'd do wonders too.

4) Arnold kept the shoe and the letter. He probably thinks about that night a lot, and he might be putting the pieces together and figuring out that he went out with Helga that night. Arnold knows on a subconscious level that Helga loves him. His subconscious has figured it out, but his conscious self hasn't yet. :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down