Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rhonda's Little Brother

Go down

Rhonda's Little Brother Empty Rhonda's Little Brother

Post by KaBlamoid4Life Fri May 06, 2011 7:12 am

n this Hey Arnold! fanfiction, Rhonda's comfortable and spoiled life of being an only child comes crashing to an end when her parents decide to give back to the community (and teach their spoiled daughter some responsibility, too) by adopting a poor orphan child. So Rhonda becomes the big sister of a little bada$$ hood kid named Lil' Pee-Wee, who couldn't be more different than she is. And what's worse, her parents start showing him more attention. While she handle it well, or lose her mind?

This is my first Hey Arnold fanfic - let me know what you think. And before you ask... yep, the opening is a spoof of American Psycho, lawlz.
(AN: This takes place after Hey Arnold's last season, the movie, and the Jungle Movie. I guess it would happen around The Patakis' run.)

Chapter 1: The End of the World

Rhonda Wellington Lloyd woke up from a peaceful slumber to the sweet tune of birds chirping just outside her slightly open window. With a stretch and a yawn, she put in her contact lenses, got up out of her luxurious bed, walked into her own bathroom, and looked in the mirror at her pretty face. She then applied a deep pore-cleaning lotion on her face, turned the water on in her old-fashioned bathtub, undressed (but not before closing the doors and windows in case Curly happened to be peeping on her), and got in the tub. There, Rhonda used a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then she applied an herb-mint facial mask which she left on for 10 minutes while she prepared the rest of her routine. Ultimately, Rhonda applied moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

"Ah," Rhonda said with a self-satisfied grin, "You ARE the looker, Miss Lloyd." She then left the bathroom and started to get dressed while planning her day. She was going to P.S.118, and the first thing she was going to do was show off her brand new, expensive red shoes. Then, after school, she was going to go to the movies with Nadine. Finally, she was going to come home and relax in her bedroom to the sound of Madonna and the Talking Heads.

It was going to be a wonderful day...

"I'm off to school!" Rhonda eagerly announced to her parents, Buckley and Brooke, as she started to walk out the door. But Buckley called her into the living room. Wondering what was going on, Rhonda walked into the living room where Buckley and Brooke were sitting on the sofa.

"Rhonda, dear, there's something we need to tell you," Brooke said with an excited smile.
"What is it?" Rhonda asked, "Are we going to the Bahamas this summer?"
Buckley shook his head. "Actually, no." Rhonda's shoulders slumped with disappointment, so he added "We may... but not right now. But it's just that... well, you've lived a fairly carefree and privileged life."

"And it has been a joy," Rhonda smiled.

"Indeed it has," Buckley said. "But... well, you're getting older, and your mother and I think you need to learn some responsibility."
As soon as the word "Responsibility" came out of Buckley's mouth, Rhonda's brow furrowed. "This isn't going to involve volunteer work, is it?"
"Oh, no honey!" Brooke said. "Instead, we've been looking to spread our wealth to someone less well off that we are, and we found just the cutest little boy you've ever seen at the orphanage!"
Rhonda's eyes went wide. "You don't mean that..."
"That's right, Rhonda!" Buckley said with a smile. "You're going to be a big-"

All eyes were on Rhonda as she sulked her way into the bus, far from her usual confident self. She sat next to Nadine and folded her arms. "Hi, Nadine," she said drolly.
"Hi, Rhonda," Nadine replied, "What's the matter? You're not acting like yourself."
With a heavy sigh, Rhonda explained the situation.

"I'll tell you what the matter is... Mommy and Daddy are adopting some boy from the orphanage! I'm gonna have a little brother!"

This didn't phase Nadine a bit. "Why's that so bad?"
"Why? Because I've gotten all the attention!" Rhonda snapped. "Now I'm going to have to share the spotlight with some... twerp I don't even know! I don't even know how he's going to dress!"
"Is that so bad?" Nadine asked.

"Nadine," Rhonda glared, "It's worse than you could possibly imagine." She buried her face into her hands, and Nadine put a comforting arm around her.
"Cheer up, Rhonda," she said, "You haven't even met this kid yet! He could be really cool!"
"Yeah," Helga butted in from behind them. "OR, he could be this perfect little angel who your parents just ABSOLUTELY ADORE, and leave you in the cold, watching as they coddle and praise him while ignoring you! They may even start calling you by his name!"

Rhonda and Nadine turned around and glared at Helga.
"Oh... sorry," Helga said. "It's just that, y'know, OL-ga's living at home, and... I'm not really helping, am I? I'll just shut up, then..." She just slumped back in her seat and crossed her arms.

Rhonda moped through the rest of the school day - she didn't even feel like showing off her new shoes. It was all she could do to keep herself from just screaming her head off. Sure, Nadine could be right... but so could Helga...

Finally, the day was over, and Rhonda walked out the front doors of P.S.118 with Nadine.
"So, you still wanna go see that movie?" Nadine asked, trying to cheer her best friend up.
"I'd love to," Rhonda sighed. "But I've got to go with Mommy and Daddy and pick up... ugh... my 'little brother'," she said, using finger-quotes to get her point across. Just then, Buckley and Brooke drove up to the sidewalk in their fancy sports car.

"Oh Rhonda!" Brooke said with a smile, "It's time to pick up our new addition!"
Rhonda faked a smile. "That's... great, Mommy! I'll be right there!" She waved goodbye to Nadine and hopped in the back seat of the car, which took off for the orphanage.

"Isn't this exciting?" Buckley asked Rhonda, "You're going to be a big sister!"
"Yeah, that's just... great!" Rhonda said, full of fake enthusiasm. "Just great.... just great..."

"Oh, you'll love him!" Brooke said. "He's such a doll! But he's had a rough life, so just try to make him feel at home, okay?"
"Oh, I'll make him feel at home... don't worry..."

Eventually, they reached the large, run-down looking orphanage, and Buckley and Brooke got out. "Now, stay right here, Rhonda..." Brooke said, and she pointed to the oak double doors at the entrance. "...Before you know it, we'll be coming out of those doors with your new brother!"
"I can't wait!" Rhonda lied. But as Buckley and Brooke headed into the orphanage, she gave a heavy sigh before clenching her fists, closing her eyes, and making a wish:

"Please be cool. Please be cool. Please be cool. Please be cool..."

Rhonda looked at the doors of the orphanage, dreading seeing what was about to come out... and then, the doors opened, Buckley and Brooke came out, carrying suitcases and with huge grins on their faces... and Rhonda saw him:

A short little African-American boy, wearing a purple baseball cap, a black T-shirt with the image of a skull on it, a purple hoodie, and desert camo pants.

"Oh my God..." Rhonda gasped, "His pants don't even match the rest of his clothes!" But they were approaching, and Rhonda put on that fake smile again.

"Rhonda, get out and meet your new brother!" Brooke said. Rhonda opened her car door and stepped out, to find herself towering over the kid. He was smiling at her... but something in his eyes suggested a huge mischievous streak.

"Uh... hi! I'm Rhonda."
"Wazzup, Rhonda?" the kid asked. "I'm Lil' Pee-Wee - that's "Lil'" with an L-I-L!"
Rhonda couldn't help but chuckle. "Okay, Lil' Pee-Wee - but what's your REAL name?"
"I told you! Lil' Pee-Wee."
"Well, um.. nice to meet you!" Rhonda said, voice full of fake enthusiasm. Meanwhile, Buckley took a digital camera out of his sports coat.

"Okay, you two... how about a hug to put in the scrapbook?" Buckley asked. Rhonda looked at Lil' Pee-Wee... Lil' Pee-Wee looked at Rhonda... and they hugged. It was about the most awkward hug of Rhonda's life.

"Awwww!" Brooke cooed, "Isn't that just so sweet? You're going to love each other so much!"
"Heh, indeed we are," Rhonda said as she subtly pushed Lil' Pee-Wee off of her. "Indeed we are."

"Well, time to get home!" Buckley said, checking his Rolex watch. Rhonda got in the back, Lil' Pee-Wee sat next to her, and they were off.

Rhonda stared vacantly out at the street as Buckley drove them home. "Well, he could have been worse," she thought to herself, "But... what is with that outfit? Oh well... I suppose I should try to get to know the little shrimp."

"So, what kind of music do you like?" Rhonda asked. "I'm a huge Madonna fan, myself."
Lil' Pee-Wee chuckled. "Aw man, that ain't cool! Now 2Pac, Notorious B.I.G., Big Pun, Snoop Dogg - THAT'S music!"

"Oh no," Rhonda thought, "I'm going to be hearing nothing but that "C"rap music!"

"Do you like playing videogames?" Lil' Pee-Wee asked.
"Um, no," Rhonda said.
"Do you like Legos?"
"Well... not really."
"Do you like gangster movies? Scarface, GoodFellas, all that?"
"Can't say I do."
"Man, you don't like anything!" Lil' Pee-Wee laughed.
"I do to!" Rhonda retorted. "I like fashion, nice clothes, designing things, parties... that kind of stuff."
Without saying a word, Lil' Pee-Wee stuck his tongue out.
"Oh boy," Rhonda thought, "Give me strength."

Finally, they got home. Lil' Pee-Wee looked around in awe as they walked through the front door.
"Now, Rhonda dear, why don't you show Patrick his room?" Brooke suggested.
"It's Lil' Pee-Wee!" the feisty little boy retorted. But Rhonda just shrugged and motioned for him to follow her upstairs.

"That's your real name?" Rhonda asked as they walked up the stairs. "Patrick?"
"No it ain't! It's Lil' Pee-Wee!"
"Well, frankly, I like Patrick better," Rhonda said as they reached the top. She led him to the guest bedroom - which just happened to be next to her room - and took him inside.

"Whoa..." Lil' Pee-Wee said as he looked at the plush room - it had a King sized bed, its own bathroom, a closet, a big-screen TV, and a window looking out at the skyline of Hillwood city. It wasn't that much different than Rhonda's room, only she didn't have that great view.

"Pretty impressive, huh?" Rhonda asked. She then made sure that Buckley and Brooke weren't nearby, and held Lil' Pee-Wee by the shoulders.
"Now listen here," she said, bringing her face so close to his that their noses were touching. "You may be the new boy, but I'll always be the top child! Alwa-"

"Rhonda?" Buckley called upstairs, "Could you help us carry Patrick's luggage up to his room? And then we need you to take out the trash."

Rhonda was horrified - she'd never been asked to take out the trash before. Lil' Pee-Wee just grinned.
"You were saying?"
Rhonda sighed and stormed out of the room.
KaBlamoid4Life
KaBlamoid4Life

Male Number of posts : 2
Favorite character : Rhonda and Helga
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum