Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant about FF.net - they're ALL romance fics!!!

+2
hatterlet
shameonpretzel
6 posters

Go down

Rant about FF.net - they're ALL romance fics!!! Empty Rant about FF.net - they're ALL romance fics!!!

Post by shameonpretzel Sun May 16, 2010 7:20 pm

Just a quick gripe:

I was in the mood to read a HA! fanfic, so I went over to fanfiction.net and browsed the most recent entries.

And about 95% of the stories were in the romance genre.

So I'm like, "Okay, I'll just specify that I want a humor story..."

And when I do that...lo and behold, EVERY story on the first page is either Romance/Humor or Humor/Romance
(Granted, I did stumble upon a couple friendship/humor stories on subsequent pages, but they were extremely short)

So I'm like, "Screw it, I'll just look for a general story...@$%&!!!"

Guess what I get instead on the first page.

---

I just can't win. Please tell me someone else feels my pain.
Cry
shameonpretzel
shameonpretzel

Female Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-03-08

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Rant about FF.net - they're ALL romance fics!!! Empty Re: Rant about FF.net - they're ALL romance fics!!!

Post by hatterlet Mon May 17, 2010 1:22 am

I agree. Now, normally I have no problem with romance fic, because I like them. But yes.

But that is the thing about writing fic. Most fic authors are only writing because they want to explore pairings. And that is the same with all fanfiction, not just HA! .

Last edited by hatterlet on Mon May 17, 2010 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Never try to code on an iPhone)
hatterlet
hatterlet

Female Number of posts : 421
Favorite character : Brainy
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Character Character: Phoebe

http://goodnightdannytrejo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Rant about FF.net - they're ALL romance fics!!! Empty Re: Rant about FF.net - they're ALL romance fics!!!

Post by Annemiek Mon May 17, 2010 9:53 am

Yeah, I noticed it too. Lots and lots of romantic fics.. But I like romance ^^
But if you want to find fanfics without romance, try searching for adventure. There are enough adventurous fics without romance Smile
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Female Number of posts : 518
Favorite character : Eugene <3
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character Character: Eugene

http://www.ABCreatief.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shameonpretzel Mon May 17, 2010 6:26 pm

Annemiek wrote:Yeah, I noticed it too. Lots and lots of romantic fics.. But I like romance ^^
But if you want to find fanfics without romance, try searching for adventure. There are enough adventurous fics without romance Smile

Thanks for the heads-up.

Still, it's it's kinda depressing: compared to romance fics, there really aren't that many adventure themed stories that have been published this year alone.

Like, less than ten on the first page have been started this year. And of those, the majority focus on "The Jungle Movie".
No Smile
shameonpretzel
shameonpretzel

Female Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-03-08

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Mon May 17, 2010 8:52 pm

I feel like there's a lot more Gen-fic on the LJ comms if you'd like to try there.

The fanfiction tag at the main HA! LJ comm: http://community.livejournal.com/hey_arnold/tag/%21fanfiction

A straight up fanfiction community: http://community.livejournal.com/heyarnoldfanfic/

Aaaand HA_prompts: http://community.livejournal.com/ha_prompts/

You'll have to do some digging to find more ensemble stories, but I've definitely found more stuff that isn't so romance-focused on LJ than on FFN.
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Female Number of posts : 596
Favorite character : Helga, Harold
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Character Character: Harold

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NJ Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:32 pm

Wow Hey Arnoldfanfics! I havent written one for the last 7 years ... wow I felt my sises were really silly ranting and talking about ideas to write fanfics about them 'k-pop' celebs ... really weird cuz they're actual people, but what the hey, i stumbled upon this site a couple of days ago and seeing many people around and in my age really felt like heaven Blush hmmm i'm thinking of writing a fanfic now that I'm having a week long vacation from uni ... I really hope they bring hey arnold back 20-30 years later like how they do for Marvel & DC comics and turning them to shows and cartoons.
NJ
NJ

Female Number of posts : 32
Favorite character : Helga, Harold,Arnold, big patty
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Character Character: Helga

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:36 am

I'm afraid that's true of all fanfiction. And sadly, what helps to keep that going is that the romance stories are often better received and get more reviews than your typical action story.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Female Number of posts : 562
Favorite character : Helga
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down