Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April Fool's Day

+2
NintendoGal55
Annemiek
6 posters

Go down

April Fool's Day Empty April Fool's Day

Post by Annemiek Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:19 pm

April Fool's Day

April Fool's Day Aprilfools
["The reason I called was, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the April Fool's Dance with me." "You mean like a BLIND date, or something?"]

WHERE ELSE CAN I WATCH THIS EPISODE?
Download: Hey Arnold! Torrent file (Season 1-5 You'll need a torrent client program to download, like Bittorrent, but it's worth it)
Watch Online: http://motionempire.com/Watch_Hey_Arnold_Season_05_Episode_14_April_Fools_Day_Online_for_Free_37791.html
Buy: Amazon.com / I-tunes

The questions:

1) Do you like April Fool's Day? Ever pulled any pranks on people?

2) Big Gino and Katinka hopping around like rabbits? XD
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/MysticTinker/bigginokatinka.jpg
And what's up with Rhonda and Curly tangoing?

3) Isn't it awesome that Arnold and Helga know how to do the tango?! You think they took dance lessons or something?

4) Any other thoughts on the episode? I'm sure you do ^^ Well, go nuts, we've got all week to talk about the April Fool's Episode!

REMINDER: You don't have to just answer the questions! Seriously, SAY ANYTHING YOU WANT. And respond to other people to keep the conversation flowing. Big Grin

NEXT WEEK: Ransom (4/9) and Ms. Perfect (4/10)
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Female Number of posts : 518
Favorite character : Eugene <3
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: Eugene

http://www.ABCreatief.com

Back to top Go down

April Fool's Day Empty Re: April Fool's Day

Post by NintendoGal55 Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:33 pm

SQUEE!!! That's my excited, fan squeal. 8D

Nah, I'm not someone to prank people. I've been pranked on before, though!

ROFL!!! That's a funny way to dance. Boing boing! Bunny hop! xD Curly and Rhonda? Huh...that's kind of odd. Maybe she had no one else to dance with and was desperate?
xD Helga looks so funny draped over Arnold like a blankie!

3) Isn't it awesome that Arnold and Helga know how to do the tango?! You think they took dance lessons or something?

It is!!! I'm guessing that Gertie may have taught Arnold various dance techniques, and Helga's a smart girl, I guess she takes up on a lot more things than we think. Who knows? But oh man, they were awesome at it! They had awesome chemistry (they always do) and the tension between them was just intoxicating! It was bizarrely sexual. xD Totally awesome, though. OwO Their tango is what makes the episode so memorable.

And who doesn't love it when Arnold is all "Don't worry my poor, blind friend...you're in good hands." That was so not leaking with innuendo at all. /sarcasm xD

4) Any other thoughts on the episode? I'm sure you do ^^ Well, go nuts, we've got all week to talk about the April Fool's Episode!
Some people have mixed feelings about this episode, saying it was upsetting how Helga was enjoying tormenting Arnold to the max, and that he was playing with her emotions later on. Eh, you know. We all have different thoughts on it, I guess. It's pretty fun to watch!
NintendoGal55
NintendoGal55

Female Number of posts : 296
Favorite character : Arnold and Helga :D
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Character Character: Arnold

http://www.fanfiction.net/~nintendogal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:18 pm

I'm not big on it. When I went to high school I always wore sandals or boots on April Fool's day to avoid people stopping me in the hall to pretend my shoe laces were untied. I just don't find it that funny, plus every year I fell for my mom claiming she was pregnant. >.<

The first is a funny image, though I'm not fond of that pairing (I don't hate it, but I don't really like it). Rhonda and Curly tangoing is kinda awesome, though what the heck he had to give her to get her to go with him is anyone's guess....

I think Arnold must have, from his grandma or something. The tango's not really something your average 9 year old knows.

Helga's so deliciously evil in this episode. She's still using it for romance, but she's also playing up the 'I'm blind' angle for the lulz. And it was amusing. And for such a smart kid, Arnold really is gullible to believe she was still blind after the signs that she clearly wasn't anymore (Smelling a truck? REALLY? You believed that Arnold? *raises eyebrow) It's a very cute, awesome episode and something about the animation always stood out to me about it. Plus Eugene finally wears proper shoes instead of just sandals with socks! (...I have a weird dislike of this. ...Don't judge me)
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Female Number of posts : 562
Favorite character : Helga
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:06 am

1) I'm not a big fan of April Fool's Day. However, I see myself as lucky for never falling susceptible to any pranks that seem to always take place during this time of year.

2) The first image is rather interesting. I never thought of seeing Big Gino and Katrinka as a couple, though; especially since Big Gino's probably too busy trying to rake in all the dough. Plus, we don't know a lot about Katrinka, so we can't really say anything about the kind of people she would like.

As for Rhonda and Curly doing the tango... I am a Curly/Rhonda fan, but I also like Harold/Rhonda. I'm always flip-flopping on what pairing I like more, despite the fact that Harold/Rhonda is more plausible. Perhaps Rhonda was desperate and didn't want to be seen as being all by her lonesome on the dance floor.

We'll probably never know.

3) Like everyone else, I think Arnold learned how to tango from Gertie. It wouldn't surprise me if she taught him other dance moves too. And in the episode "The Big Scoop", we know that Helga is a ballet dancer. However, we don't know if she stuck with those lessons or not, or how long she danced for. It's possible that she might've taken other dance classes as well as ballet.

4) It's interesting watching this episode knowing that it took place after the movie. Here, Helga's confessed her love for Arnold to him, but denied it, but our football headed friend seems to know that Helga really does feel for him. I think this episode is evidence that Helga was angry with Arnold to an extent because she felt like he wasn't giving her any answers concerning how he felt. I see her torturing him not only being in lieu of the holiday and for the laughs, but because she feels resentment toward him for not giving her the answers she wants to have.

Like Nintendo said, Arnold did play with Helga's emotions a lot in this episode, and she obviously wasn't too thrilled about it.

I also liked the reference to "It's a Wonderful Life" with the pool. Arnold pushing Helga into it was just awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlisonSwift Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:28 am

Arnold totally learned how to Tango from Gertie. No doubt about it.

ROFL, oh God, Gino's face doing the hopping thing. So funny.

I adore Eugene in this episode. Hell, I adore Eugene always.
AlisonSwift
AlisonSwift

Female Number of posts : 141
Favorite character : Harold, or Brainy.
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Character Character: Rhonda

http://alison-swift.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:37 am

...One of my favorite episodes...still one of my most hated holidays. ...also, did you know that if you break up with your boyfriend today and then post that to Facebook, everyone thinks you're joking? I just found that out today. >.< I need a hug.

*ahem*

I can understand why someone wouldn't like this episode. Arnold really does use Helga's emotions against him, and it's not like he can claim that he doesn't know anymore, but considering that he never answered her....well, I can understand her side, too.

Last edited by Perhapsormaybe on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling errors are for chumps!)
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Female Number of posts : 562
Favorite character : Helga
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:18 am

1.YES! Today! I made somone bend down and then *fart noise* XD

2.Their not dancing, their metatating in mid air XD
That's sort of awesome, I do wish I would see RhondaXHarold

3.It is cool, heck i'm like older than them and I don't know =P

4. AHHHHHH! I ARNOLD LOOKS SO CUTE IN HIS TUX! WHAT THE HECK O_o
I wish I were Helga right now *jelouse*Including the eyebrow.

APRIL FOOLS!
peachcake21
peachcake21

Female Number of posts : 378
Favorite character : HELGA!
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character Character: *waiting for one . . . *

Back to top Go down

Post by kagomesashi Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:10 pm

1) No...as a matter of fact we celebrate this day at november 28, but I don't make pranks or anything like that. I just don't feel it.

2) o.O well I have watch this episode zillions of times and I just noticed that in this pic. Maybe they were dancing at the music compass... or they are nuts. And for Curly and Rhonda..hey, is april fools after all.

3) Holy cows! that is totally awesome! I mean I am from south america, one of my uncles is from Argentina and I don't know how to dance Tango. (I don't even know how to dance salsa, so yeah I am a total latin disaster) But for Arnold and Helga to be so connected is like...woah...breathless.

4) You have to love Arnold's madness in this episode!!!

kagomesashi

Female Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down