Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm the only guy here. I stand out a little.

+5
Perhapsormaybe
Annemiek
hatterlet
Squirreltamer
Nefarious
9 posters

Go down

I'm the only guy here. I stand out a little. Empty I'm the only guy here. I stand out a little.

Post by Nefarious Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:03 pm

I feel oddly compelled to introduce myself even though it's probably totally unnecessary.

My name is Fredrick Raymond Wooten the Third, Esquire. Poet, philosopher, writer, crappy MS paint artist, songster and lazy good-for-nothing extraordinaire. Call me Fred, Freddie, Nef, Count, or Count Fred. Whatever floats your steam powered giant robot. It's cool by me. I'm a dedicated enthusiast of many cartoons and Hey Arnold! ranks at the top of my list. It's a curious situation I find myself, actually. Since I am a distinctly male individual who is immersed in a fandom largely populated by the ladies. Most of whom are swooning and "Eeeeeing" over one character pairing or another. Certainly I cherish the romance between Arnold and Helga... it means a great deal to me, but it's not my primary reason for being here. I am here... because I didn't want the show to die. When I was younger, Arnold taught me that you could be a righteously cool dude and still be a good person at the same time. The characters of the show had such a profound, positive effect on my life that I feel like I have to give something back them.

I'm unreliable, flippant and something of a spaced out loon... but Arnold helped me become the sort of loon who also tries to be kind-hearted and considerate to others. I've intended (emphasis on that word) to write a series of short stories centered around the cast of Hey Arnold. I also dream of my own serialized web comic about them. *Smirks* I haven't got talent or dedication... but I've got dreams. One day I'll find the will to make them come true. If not for myself, then for Arnold, who was my friend and conscience when I had no one else.

I'm the only guy here. I stand out a little. Twofaced

I'm kind of a strange person.
Nefarious
Nefarious

Male Number of posts : 150
Favorite character : Helga
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: "Big" Gino

Back to top Go down

I'm the only guy here. I stand out a little. Empty Re: I'm the only guy here. I stand out a little.

Post by Squirreltamer Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:20 pm

Hahaha! Good to see you still hanging around. Big Grin
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Female Number of posts : 596
Favorite character : Helga, Harold
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Character Character: Harold

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

I'm the only guy here. I stand out a little. Empty Re: I'm the only guy here. I stand out a little.

Post by hatterlet Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:27 pm

Glad to have you back, Freddie.
hatterlet
hatterlet

Female Number of posts : 421
Favorite character : Brainy
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Character Character: Phoebe

http://goodnightdannytrejo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:36 pm

Hi Freddie Big Grin
First of all, thanks a lot for the pictures, I laughed out loud and I had to explain to my colleagues what was so funny XD So thanks for bringing a smile on my face today Smile .. no, more like this -> Big Grin

I didn't know you were so creative, you should post some of your work here!
I LOVE crappy ms paint stuff XD

You're not the only guy here btw Smile there's funnybones.. and hellerick..
I've had a few friends in my class who love the show.
And my cousin's a HA! fan too, he's 22.. But none of them go to fansites or message board.

I really like the pairings and the romance and the love.. But I have to agree with you, it's not what got me hooked on HA!. There are so many cartoons about love and romance.. But it was Arnold Smile A normal person like all of us, who's always looking on the bright side and doing good things and kids love him for that. A cartoon about a normal but special boy, about adventure and love and misery and humor and everything you face when you're young, it's genius!
I looked back at some of my old drawings from when I was in highschool.. and all of them were Arnold, just looking cool with his arms crossed, smiling.. he's always smiling Smile and with Gerald, getting into trouble ^^ I liked that just as much as the romance <3
Arnold thaught me to look on the bright side, no matter what.. (so did Eugene, that's why I love him XD ), that problems can be overcome.. and Helga thaught me that you should never give up on your dreams <3
And yes, that's the exact reason why I made this board and am putting so much effort in this, because I don't want the show to die! There's so much positivity in this show, it's such a great and friendly fandom, I want to keep it alive for as long as possible.

And OMG, that comic is an amazing idea <3 I'd love to help you, whenever you're ready to start with that!
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Female Number of posts : 518
Favorite character : Eugene <3
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character Character: Eugene

http://www.ABCreatief.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefarious Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:09 pm

Squirreltamer wrote:Hahaha! Good to see you still hanging around. Big Grin
Hanging around is what I do best, you see.

hatterlet wrote:Glad to have you back, Freddie.
I never left, my dear Hat. I have been here along. Hopelessly lost in a broom closet.

Annemiek wrote:
You're not the only guy here btw Smile there's funnybones.. and hellerick..
They are both stand up guys. Scholars and gentlemen to be sure... but the two of them don't frequent this particular forum (I don't think they do, anyway.)
Nefarious
Nefarious

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:25 pm

I know that. But we were all AWOL for a bit. Just saying. Big Grin
hatterlet
hatterlet

Female Number of posts : 421
Favorite character : Brainy
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Character Character: Phoebe

http://goodnightdannytrejo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:28 pm

*waves* Hi Fred! I admire your optimism. ^_^ And don't worry, almost everybody procrastinates (...heh...I know I was supposed to be updating at least one of my 8 unfinished fanfics, or 1 of my literally 14 unfinished original stories, or at least 1 piece of art....but instead I'm on here again...it probably makes it worse that 2 of those stories are Hey Arnold! stories, but I'm ignoring them to make posts on a Hey Arnold! board....whoops)

Your picture is neat. Are we gonna get a taste of your art soon?

Wow, you are the only guy...well...think of it this way, you're surrounded by women! Hooray!
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Female Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Standard Toaster Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:38 pm

:D It's nice to meet you Count Fred [haha I like that one]. I am also notoriously lazy, but I think as long as you get what really counts done [sometimes] it's all good.

It's nice to meet you!
Standard Toaster
Standard Toaster

Female Number of posts : 31
Favorite character : Helga, Miriam
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Character Character: Helga

http://xilia.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:17 am

Hello!
What is your favorate color?
peachcake21
peachcake21

Female Number of posts : 378
Favorite character : HELGA!
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character Character: *waiting for one . . . *

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefarious Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:46 am

Hm. My favorite color is... grey.
Nefarious
Nefarious

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:07 am

Hi, Freddie! Nice to meet you! ^w^

It's so cool that Arnold inspired you like he did, it really is. I think a lot of guys could learn from him, you know? It goes to show just how much more rewarding it can be to embrace the good qualities of one's self and show just how nice you can be. That's great! I think you and I are going to get along well. X3

I too cherish Arnold and Helga's relationship, it's awesome. <3 Squee!

And Arnold is a wonderful influence. >w< I absolutely agree.

Well, welcome! ...Again. xD I hope you have fun here with all of us. 8D
NintendoGal55
NintendoGal55

Female Number of posts : 296
Favorite character : Arnold and Helga :D
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Character Character: Arnold

http://www.fanfiction.net/~nintendogal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefarious Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:11 pm

Perhapsormaybe wrote:Your picture is neat. Are we gonna get a taste of your art soon?

Wow, you are the only guy...well...think of it this way, you're surrounded by women! Hooray!
I appreciate that. Most of the people I know get irritated when I flash that crazed smile... but I gotta be me, right? As for showing some art, I just might get back to drawing soon. I've been meaning to. (Story of my life.)

Always nice to be surrounded by lovely ladies. *Laughs* Try not to fight over me, okay? RollEyes

Standard Toaster wrote:Big Grin It's nice to meet you Count Fred [haha I like that one]. I am also notoriously lazy, but I think as long as you get what really counts done [sometimes] it's all good.
Me too. I'm also partial to Baron Von Wooten. I'll answer to either.
I like to think I come through when it matters. Most of the time. Usually. Occasionally. Okay, almost never. It's happened before, though.

NintendoGal55 wrote:It's so cool that Arnold inspired you like he did, it really is. I think a lot of guys could learn from him, you know? It goes to show just how much more rewarding it can be to embrace the good qualities of one's self and show just how nice you can be. That's great! I think you and I are going to get along well. X3
He's had a powerful influence on me, it's true. Unfortunately I fear Arnold's brand of 'light touch' chivalry and quiet integrity aren't exactly in style these days. Which is a shame.
Nefarious
Nefarious

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:54 pm

AG asked me to say hi to you too..
So.. HI! Big Grin
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:53 pm

*Looks at you with wild eyes*

Cool! A GUY! So rare in the HA! world that we all mentally flounce about in... It's just sad. Cry

Good to know there are some. Big Grin

You're strange, eh? I like you already. XD I love your expression in your picture, btw! It's too funny! Tears from laughter

I'm so glad that Arnold inspired you. Big Grin He really is an awesome character.

Well, it's good to officially meet ya! Big Grin *Shakes your hand vigorously* We need more dudes dedicated to HA!
Weird1
Weird1

Female Number of posts : 386
Country : I live in the place, with the people, and the crap! That's all you need to know.
Favorite character : Helga! Doi!!!
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Character Character: Gerald

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefarious Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:20 pm

Annemiek wrote:AG asked me to say hi to you too..
So.. HI! Big Grin
That's kinda weird that I'm being told 'hi' through you... but alright. What's up with AG? She ought to come by and hang with us.

Weird1 wrote:*Looks at you with wild eyes*

Well, it's good to officially meet ya! :Big Grin: *Shakes your hand vigorously* We need more dudes dedicated to HA!
You scare me a little, kid. I think I like you too. Smile You got the style. You've got the moxy.

Last edited by Nefarious on Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nefarious
Nefarious

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:12 pm

Nefarious wrote:That's kinda weird that I'm being told 'hi' through you... but alright. What's up with AG? She ought to come by and hang with us.
Yeah, it is ^^ I was talking to her on msn (haven't seen her in a while either), I think she was on msn on her cell phone, so couldn't be here on the board at the same time. Anyway, I told her that a lot of people came back here to RP again, and that you were back as well Smile So, she asked me to say hi XD
She's kinda busy with her school work and her job at the petstore at the moment. But I'm sure she'll get back here soon ^^
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:32 pm

Blast all you people and your 'lives'. I'm out of school and still looking for work. ...which really means I have no excuse not to be finishing things, but ...eh? what are you going to do?
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Female Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Nefarious wrote:

You scare me a little, kid. I think I like you too. Smile You got the style. You've got the moxy.

-I've got a jar of hot fudge that's beggin' to be eaten, so I better make this quick. Thanks! Big Grin And yeah... I scare a lot of people... Good to know I have that effect, even through the computer. Big Grin

I'll see ya 'round the forums! Smile
Weird1
Weird1

Female Number of posts : 386
Country : I live in the place, with the people, and the crap! That's all you need to know.
Favorite character : Helga! Doi!!!
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Character Character: Gerald

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum