Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

helga's timing

5 posters

Go down

helga's timing Empty helga's timing

Post by CarlinJ83 Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:40 am

i know i've asked this in recent messages, but who thinks it time for helga to tell arnold the truth? and start trusting him cause he had the right to know, it was either now or never situation on her part, cause she kept on dodging every question he was throwing at herand he wasn't gonna let it go, but helga's problem is she doesnt know how to trust people, and she's worried on what other people will think, but this is arnold we're talking and needed to trust him holding onto her secret, and in the end he didnt seem mad about it a little shock but was nice enough to let her off the hook. but arnold's a good guy who knows he has to respect her privacy up until she's ready to with him again. I hope i'm making sense cause sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands. and i'm pretty sure he won't tell anyone especially gerald, i don't know i'm kinda writing this late, giddy

CarlinJ83

Female Number of posts : 15
Favorite character : helga
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

helga's timing Empty Re: helga's timing

Post by Annemiek Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:52 am

Well.. she told him in the movie, of course Smile
They both agreed to call it 'the heat of the moment', but they both know it wasn't.
The april fools special happened after the movie took place, so Arnold knows about her secret, that's why he's flirting with her like that xD
But if they'd get together, it would most likely be the end op the show, so Craig couldn't let that happen until the Jungle Movie..
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Female Number of posts : 518
Favorite character : Eugene <3
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: Eugene

http://www.ABCreatief.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlinJ83 Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:31 pm

but Arnold i think shoulda seen it coming; like from his dream in the married episode, it was kind of a "news flash" i think he woke up to a realization of looking at it from his perspective about her.

CarlinJ83

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:19 pm

I really believe that Arnold is subconciously aware of Helga's infatuation with him, and he is somewhat attracted to her. We see that in 'Married', we also see it when he 'meets' Hilda and falls for her.

BUT (and this is a big but) Arnold is a patient kid. At the end of the movie, he decides not to pressure Helga. Yes, he knows she loves him. Yes, her secret is out. But he is the only person who knows it. For Helga to blab her secret, it will be more than just her and Arnold who will be affected. And I think Arnold knows that, and is willing to let her have the time to come to that conclusion on her own- let her decide when the right time to tell the world is.
hatterlet
hatterlet

Female Number of posts : 421
Favorite character : Brainy
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Character Character: Phoebe

http://goodnightdannytrejo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:41 am

I'd add to hatterlet's statement that Arnold is still very much a 9 year old boy. Very mature for his age, but to be suddenly confronted with the idea that the girl who's been torturing you for years loves you can be a bit...disconcerting, to say the least. On some subconscious level, he was most likely aware of it, but it was gently trying to float its way to the surface. Giving Helga more time to pretend she never blabbed also gave him time to realize how he feels about her and better come to terms with it.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Female Number of posts : 562
Favorite character : Helga
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:22 am

I agree with you guys all said. X3

And it's true, it's hinted quite a few times that he's aware of her feelings subconsciously. Plus, her confession was so sudden and came at a bad time (and yet also a good time since it was part of telling the truth about why she helped him save the neighbourhood), so he didn't have much time to think about it or even to sit her down and talk to her about it.

Well! Now the ball is in his court. We'll see what happens.

Dot dot dot

Or not. e_e DX
NintendoGal55
NintendoGal55

Female Number of posts : 296
Favorite character : Arnold and Helga :D
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Character Character: Arnold

http://www.fanfiction.net/~nintendogal55

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlinJ83 Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:13 pm

but then again there was grandpa who gave him a heads up about it.

CarlinJ83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum