Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defend your 'ship!

+7
peachcake21
shameonpretzel
Perhapsormaybe
NintendoGal55
Annemiek
Squirreltamer
hatterlet
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Defend your 'ship! - Page 2 Empty Re: Defend your 'ship!

Post by Squirreltamer Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:49 am

You dorks! I was actually trying to ABSTAIN from posting a response to that one because um... MY ANSWER IS SO OBVIOUS. Also, I'd kind of like to hear a Nay answer? EVEN THOUGH IT'S THE WRONG ANSWER.

But since you're all waiting for it!

Yay. A MILLION TIMES YAY.

Up front they seem terrible for each other - he's a slob and she's a snob! He's into Patty and Curly loves Rhonda! They'd do nothing but fight all the time! HE ATE THEIR BABY!

And to that I say:

YES.

I don't even know where to begin really. I just.... they work for me because they're so different, but they're also both two people who go out and get what they want. There's this idea that she'd walk all over him, but he's a leader of his own right. They both are too loud and too bossy.

And she LIKES him and it's not a high stakes thing! It's just a silly crush on a stupid boy and it's not the be all end all of her life like Helga's feelings for Arnold. It's embarrassing, sure, but it doesn't define her! And he enjoys teasing her about it (as evidenced in Egg Story) in a way that isn't cruel, but just... a tug of the pigtails, maybe? But he also has no idea what to DO with her feelings because he's only just beginning to think about girls in a romantic way. And Rhonda is intimidating in that regard! Pretty and popular and kind of a snot and practically otherworldly.

Which is why Patty is so much easier as a first love - because they're similar and it doesn't HAVE to be about romance, just friendship and I'm not saying that isn't a good foundation - friendship and comfort is a GREAT foundation for a relationship. Harold/Patty could be great!

But it's not my OTP! It's too easy to be my OTP. I like H/R because it'll be a balancing act and yet they have roots together - they KNOW each other and always have. There's already an intimacy built between the kids at PS 118 because they've literally been together since PRESCHOOL.

Ugh, I'm just rambling now.

I just want them to smooch face forever. FOREVER. And when they hook up in high school they both assume it'll just be a stupid two week fling, but then it just... doesn't end? They just keep going? Because, it's easier than they thought and hotter than they expected and OH NO THEY'RE IN LOVE HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!

ANYWAY:

Wolfgang/Nadine!
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Female Number of posts : 596
Favorite character : Helga, Harold
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: Harold

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Defend your 'ship! - Page 2 Empty Re: Defend your 'ship!

Post by LittlePinkBow Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:14 pm

I'm not defending I just want to applaud that.
LittlePinkBow
LittlePinkBow

Female Number of posts : 15
Favorite character : Helga and Arnold
Registration date : 2014-08-28

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum