Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spare a moment for a Survey? (Don't make me beg)

+3
AlisonSwift
hatterlet
Perhapsormaybe
7 posters

Go down

Spare a moment for a Survey? (Don't make me beg) Empty Spare a moment for a Survey? (Don't make me beg)

Post by Perhapsormaybe Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:49 am

Parts of this are from some essay I was planning to write for fun about Hey Arnold! ...but now I can't remember what the essay was about since I take on too many projects. But I figured by combining them with random, generic, and other questions we can all get to know each other better, and I like that idea. I consider all of you my friends. ....I'd start running if I were you.

What's your name? Perhaps, Perhapsormaybe, Pom, Maybe, Juno, Mel, and....Melanie. Yes, for those curious, that last one is my real name.

What's your gender? Female.

How old were you when you first saw Hey Arnold!? Like...6.

[b]How old were you when you first got into Hey Arnold!?
I started really liking it at 10. I started getting obsessed at 12. I stayed up most of the night one time to ensure I would be up at 7 in the morning so I could finally see the "School Play" episode. I was not disappointed and it made me so hyper I forgot how tired I was.

What do you look like? (if you can not or do not want to post a picture, a description or picture of a celebrity you've been told you look like works as well)
Spare a moment for a Survey? (Don't make me beg) 17202773852457585514

How old are you now? 20!

What do you do for a living? (or you can write student if you're too young for a job) I'm in training to be a click-to-chat rep.

Do you remember how you first got into Hey Arnold!? The commercials for the movie were what made me really check back into it, and I got hooked. Unfortunately, where I grew up it was considered strange for girls over about 10 to watch cartoons. Boys it was considered okay, but girls...no. I was already considered the weirdest girl in my grade, I didn't want to add fuel to that fire, so, sadly, I didn't watch the movie.

Who's your favorite character(s)? I adore Helga, Arnold, and Phoebe...and I've got a new found appreciation for Big Gino.

Why? Helga because she really is what I was like when I was younger, Arnold is more like I am now (just in the sense of helping people), Phoebe reminds me of my own best friend and Big Gino...I rewatched "Big Gino" just because of the RP and I just adored it.

Who's your least favorite character? I'm afraid I'm not all that fond of the Jolly Olly Man. I remember quite disliking him.

Why? I just thought he was a jerk. I remember there was a reason behind it, but I remember thinking it wasn't good enough.

What's your favorite episode? There are so many, but at the end I think it's always going to come down to either "The Journal" or "Married"

What is your least favorite episode? "Arnold Betrays Iggy"

Why? Something about it just didn't sit right with me.

What's your favorite Moment in an episode? (not necessarily romantic) Finding out that "Pookie" was Gertie at the end of "Girl Trouble". I think that gave more hope to Helga/Arnold shippers than just about anything.

What is your favorite romantic pairing, if you have one? I really at least like every pairing (...seriously. ALL of them), but the one I love the most will always be Arnold/Helga

Why? Helga's been through so much junk, she deserves someone who's truly going to care for her and be there for her, and that's Arnold. Arnold deserves a girl who can be true to him and can be as adventurous and as prone to dreaming big, and that's Helga. She's also more realistic and stronger than he is, so she can keep him grounded and protect him if it's necessary, and he can be her conscience in situations where she's tempted.

What is your least favorite romantic pairing? Arnold/Lila.

Why don't you care for that one? I don't dislike it, I just think it's kind of ...bland.

Random thing about yourself that you rarely share with people that you will share now? I was actually very mean when I was little. You guys don't know me too well so it may not shock you, but when my friends I made after I moved found out I was mean, and I gave them details...they laughed. The general response was "Yeah, I don't believe it for a second." ...I'm mean, darn it!

Song that sums up your feelings for Hey Arnold and/or the characters involved? "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life" by Green Day (in case you are not familiar with the song, it is not nearly as bitter as the title may lead you to believe)

Quick! Say something nice about 2 members of this forum! (It can not be about any member that someone else posted, unless you ran out of members) SQUIRRELTAMER! Your art is amazing. Nefarious, I think you have singlehandedly gained Gino a whole host of new fangirls. That's a talent, my friend.

What do you think about what you know of "The Patakis" spin off? I would have loved it.

What are a few of your favorite Hey Arnold! fanfics, if you have any? "Trying" by Squirreltamer, "Arnold's Couch Confessions" by Darth Roden aka Carl

Favorite Hey Arnold! fanarts? http://unluckystunt.deviantart.com/art/Hey-Arnold-cold-water-comic-57192914 http://genaminna.deviantart.com/art/HeyArnold-TJM-You-Remind-Me-78712124 http://abcreatief.deviantart.com/art/Kissing-Scene-Comic-HA-TJM-115584235 AND Squirreltamer's genderbended versions of Arnold and Helga that I can't locate for some reason.

How about amvs? (videos) Everything hatterlet made, but especially her "Do I Creep You Out?" video. That was just win. Though "Jolene" was perfect, too.

Did you see Hey Arnold! the movie in theaters? No. I was too embarrassed. Now I'm embarrassed that I was embarrassed. (Does that make sense?)

Why or why not? I was embarrassed.

Did you buy the Hey Arnold! movie on DVD? No, and now that I really want to I can only get it online. I'm hoping to get it along with all the seasons here within the next few months.

If you would like to add more questions to this survey, just go ahead and type them out, I'm sure people would be glad to fill them out. It would help me out if you guys answered, as hopefully by the time you get them back to me I'll remember what the heck point I was trying to make with my essay >.<
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Female Number of posts : 562
Favorite character : Helga
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Spare a moment for a Survey? (Don't make me beg) Empty Re: Spare a moment for a Survey? (Don't make me beg)

Post by hatterlet Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:47 am

What's your name? Hatterlet, Hatter, Hat, Quillpen, JadeCynic, Bethany (Only by my dad), Beth

How old were you when you first saw Hey Arnold!? I was younger than fourth grade, I know that, because I wanted to be ‘old’ like they were.

[b]How old were you when you first got into Hey Arnold!? I liked it back then, and watched it a lot, but I really joined the fandom last fall, when my graphic design teacher had us go looking for our favorite cartoon. Brought back lots of memories, and here I am!

What do you look like? (if you can not or do not want to post a picture, a description or picture of a celebrity you've been told you look like works as well)
Spare a moment for a Survey? (Don't make me beg) Hallow10

This was my halloween costume last year. I don't usually look like this, I just happen to like this picture. Also, my eyeliner is awful in retrospect.

How old are you now? 20

What do you do for a living? I work for shopGoodwill.com, an online auction site like eBay, operated through Goodwill

Do you remember how you first got into Hey Arnold!? In the revival? By finding out that there were still existing fans. I got real excited, went looking for art on DA, found Genaminna, and went nuts.

Who's your favorite character(s)? Since I’ve been playing her in the RP, I’ve grown exponentially fonder of Phoebe. I love Brainy, also, and am starting to really like Gino as well. Dang, Freddie, just, dang.

Why? Phoebe is a lot like me- she had a sense of intelligence that got squashed by her peers. I had a friend a lot like Helga (except he was a guy) who was dumber than me, but didn’t want me to be smarter than him and pushed me around a lot. Brainy because he is sweet and creepy and the same time and needs love. He reminds me of the Phantom, whom I also love.

Who's your least favorite character? Arnie

Why? Couldn’t stand the ‘phlegmy snort’

What's your favorite episode? Oh, the musical ones. “Eugene Eugene”, “What’s Opera, Arnold.” I would love to find the music from those. I’m a sucker for soundtracks.

What is your least favorite episode? I never liked ‘A Beach Story’ or whatever it was called.

Why? Everyone seemed so shallow.

What's your favorite Moment in an episode? At the end of ‘The Beeper Queen’ when Miriam and Helga hug.

What is your favorite romantic pairing, if you have one? I still really like BrainyxHelga (Don’t hurt me!)

Why? Because Brainy wants to be that shining hero that Helga imagines. Not now, but later in life, I imagine that he would grow up a bit, and she would miss him. Maybe they wouldn’t get together, but I like to think they might. At least for a while. Besides, Helga needs someone to push around.

What is your least favorite romantic pairing?.GinoxKatrinka.

Why don't you care for that one? Why in the world would you pair two minor characters like that? It’s mind-boggling. Besides, Katrinka has always kidna creeped me out.

Random thing about yourself that you rarely share with people that you will share now? I am a hopeless romantic. Well, you all know that, but none of my RL friends do. They think I’m jaded and mean. Big Grin Um, the thing I want most in the world in a guy is someone who will dance with me.

Song that sums up your feelings for Hey Arnold and/or the characters involved? I have lots. See my videos.

Quick! Say something nice about 2 members of this forum! (It can not be about any member that someone else posted, unless you ran out of members) ANNE: I love your art! Plus I admire your English skills for someone who is not a native speaker. MEL: You are my new internet bestie! Your sense of humor, especially with your character, is phenomenal!

What do you think about what you know of "The Patakis" spin off? It might have been interesting.

What are a few of your favorite Hey Arnold! fanfics, if you have any? “Arnold’s Couch Confessions” as well, and “Sunny Side Up” by Shahrezad1.

Favorite Hey Arnold! fanarts? http://bloochikin.deviantart.com/art/Kiss-for-Brainy-147840807 http://squirreltamer.deviantart.com/art/HA-Pass-the-Time-75086813 http://shahrezad1.deviantart.com/art/Noir-108585058 http://ctw36.deviantart.com/art/The-Warrior-Poetess-23255648 (this world needs more Brainy art.)

How about amvs? (Aw, thanks, POM Big Grin) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyHytccvBB0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-p3pvO67fU

Did you see Hey Arnold! the movie in theaters? No

Why or why not? I didn’t know there was one at the time!

Did you buy the Hey Arnold! movie on DVD? My sister did, for Christmas.
hatterlet
hatterlet

Female Number of posts : 421
Favorite character : Brainy
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Character Character: Phoebe

http://goodnightdannytrejo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Spare a moment for a Survey? (Don't make me beg) Empty Re: Spare a moment for a Survey? (Don't make me beg)

Post by AlisonSwift Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:21 am

What's your name? Alison, Ally, Hedda, Mama Babushka

How old were you when you first saw Hey Arnold!? Umm... I was fairly young. Maybe six or so.

How old were you when you first got into Hey Arnold!? Oh I have no idea. If you mean fandom, just a month or two ago.

Spare a moment for a Survey? (Don't make me beg) 18677_1192526017256_1351588296_3051

ME! Big Grin

How old are you now? 17 years young.

What do you do for a living? Student. :B

Do you remember how you first got into Hey Arnold!? In the revival? How? Um... I have no idea. I think I looked up fanart for Harold/Rhonda on a whim and boom. Here I am.

Who's your favorite character(s)? Tie between Harold and Brainy.

Why? Because Harold is a gruff guy who could be great if he applied himself. He's got a heart of gold surrounded by something heavy in calories and deep-fried. And Brainy 'cause he's effing awesome.

Who's your least favorite character? I have never, and will never, like Arnie.

Why? He's creepy as hell.

What's your favorite episode? The one where they all take care of the eggs, and the one where Arnold and Grandma free the turtle.

What is your least favorite episode? I don't think I have a least-favorite. Maybe any that involve Arnie?

Why? Cause I hate Arnie. :B

What's your favorite Moment in an episode? When Harold stands up for Patty in front of everybody. Big Grin

What is your favorite romantic pairing, if you have one? Harold/Rhonda

Why? BECAUSE THEY ARE CHOCOLATE CHERRIES.

What is your least favorite romantic pairing? Rhonda/Curly.

Why don't you care for that one? You can't force love on someone. It's wrong.

Random thing about yourself that you rarely share with people that you will share now?
I am diagnosed with Chemical Depression.

Song that sums up your feelings for Hey Arnold and/or the characters involved? 'No Rain'--Blind Melon

Quick! Say something nice about 2 members of this forum! (It can not be about any member that someone else posted, unless you ran out of members): Alyssa- You got me into this fandom, you are talented and awesome and I totally look up to you. <3 HAtterlet- You play a mean Phoebe and I love her to death, especially when she was fixing Helga's leg and was all- 'Twisting!' so cute and funny and fantasic. <3's to you!

What do you think about what you know of "The Patakis" spin off? I think it would have been a beautiful show, and I am sad it never came to be.

What are a few of your favorite Hey Arnold! fanfics, if you have any? Oh I can't choose.

Favorite Hey Arnold! fanarts? Everything by Bloochikin and Squirreltamer.

How about amvs? I dunno.

Did you see Hey Arnold! the movie in theaters? No I did not.

Why or why not? I dunno, I just didn't see it. :O

Did you buy the Hey Arnold! movie on DVD? No, but I have it on VHS.

Last edited by AlisonSwift on Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:55 am; edited 3 times in total
AlisonSwift
AlisonSwift

Female Number of posts : 141
Favorite character : Harold, or Brainy.
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Character Character: Rhonda

http://alison-swift.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:39 am

What's your name?

Alyssa Bo Bissa. Also you can call me Squirreltamer or any variation of that even though I sort of hate my e-handle. I also kind of like going by Shines (from Stillshines).

What's your gender?

Female!

How old were you when you first saw Hey Arnold!?

No clue. Young. The show started in ’96 right? I’ve probably seen it from the beginning and I’d have been about 7 then.

How old were you when you first got into Hey Arnold!?

I’m assuming you mean fandom-wise. That was about when the movie came out. I’d say I was about 12 years old then.

What do you look like?

Spare a moment for a Survey? (Don't make me beg) Fam2-asnubs-1

How old are you now?

20! (21 in LESS THAN A MONTH AAAAH!)

What do you do for a living?

Kick ass and chew bubblegum.

Do you remember how you first got into Hey Arnold!?

The movie trailer. Helga confessing her love for Arnold came at a point in my life where I had just confessed to my “Arnold”. Watching Helga was like watching a piece of myself and I had to find out how her story ended.

Who's your favorite character(s)?

Helga and Harold!

Why?

Helga, because she’s awesome.

Harold, because I can relate to him in really unfortunate ways and because he is one of the few characters in the show who doesn’t always need Arnold to tell him what to do. Plus, he feels so damn strongly and is over dramatic and ridiculous and awkward and I just love him OKAY?

Who's your least favorite character?

Sid most of the time.

Why?

He’s an asshole.

What's your favorite episode?

THE FLOOOOOD. Kids working together to save the day! Teeny tiny OTP moments! Big Grin

What is your least favorite episode?

Curly’s Girl.

Why?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA BECAUSE IT IS THE WORST AND IS ALL HUZZAH FOR SEXUAL HARRASSMENT AND F U CURLY.

What's your favorite moment in an episode?

Helga falling out the window in “the Flood” and calling for Arnold. Also, Harold admitting to Rhonda that he ate Courtney, but tried really hard to put her back together.

What is your favorite romantic pairing, if you have one?

Helga/Arnold - Harold/Rhonda.

Why?

Helga/Arnold is just so obvious that I really don’t feel like explaining.

Harold/Rhonda because I think they are hilarious and adorable and dysfunctional, but it’s a healthy dysfunction where they respect one another and genuinely care for each other.

What is your least favorite romantic pairing?

Curly/Rhonda. Also, Phoebe/Arnold (and Helga/Brainy to an extent).

Why don't you care for that one?

BECAUSE IT IS ALL ABOUT THE SEXUAL HARRASSMNENT OF RHONDA AAAAUGH.

Phoebe/Arnold is boring as heck. Helga/Brainy is… I don’t know, but it’s never going to sit right with me and some days I really hate Brainy.

Random thing about yourself that you rarely share with people that you will share now?

I like to draw, but I kind of regret being an art major. I really think I’d be happier if drawing were just a hobby and had nothing to do with my future career options. :\

Song that sums up your feelings for Hey Arnold and/or the characters involved?

“When I Grow Up” by Garbage or “Children in Bloom” by the Counting Crows.

Quick! Say something nice about 2 members of this forum!

ALISON: I love you SO MUCH. I’m so glad you’re on this board with me and RPing the Rhonda to my Harold. Your fic is utterly fab too.

NINTENDO: Your Arnold is awesome and I really love your attitude! Your a joy to have around the board. Big Grin

What do you think about what you know of "The Patakis" spin off?

It would have been cool, but I also don’t think it would have done particularly well. I imagine we would have gotten a season or two before they shut it down. STILL, it sounds like a fun idea, but I also fear that it might have ruined the tone of the original series.

What are a few of your favorite Hey Arnold! fanfics, if you have any?

Missing Pieces by Poisonivory
Hot Air by Pyrus Japonica

These two are pretty much my biggest fanfiction inspirations of all time and Trying is going to make several nods to both fics.

Favorite Hey Arnold! fanarts?

Helga and Arnold by storytellersdaughter
I will possess your heart by Ragweed
Fancy Seeing You Here by Bloochikin

ALSO I LOVE A THOUSAND OTHERS AND COULD PRETTY MUCH COPY/PASTE MY ENTIRE DA HEY ARNOLD! FANART FAVORITE GALLERY.

How about amvs (videos)?

For some weird reason that I cannot explain, I really like THIS one. It’s just a big collaboration of HA! clips threaded together to the song “Alive With the Glory of Love” which is a ridiculous fit on account of that song is about falling in love during the Holocaust which has NOTHING to do with HA! but I really dig it.

Did you see Hey Arnold! the movie in theaters?

No.

Why or why not?

No one wanted to take me/go with me and it wasn’t in theaters very long at all.

Did you buy the Hey Arnold! movie on DVD?

YES. I also have Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD. I NEED THE REST.
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Female Number of posts : 596
Favorite character : Helga, Harold
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Character Character: Harold

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:23 pm

What's your name? Annemiek, but they also call me Anne, Annie, Miek.. and online I'm also known under the name ABCreatief and MysticTinker

What's your gender? Female

How old were you when you first saw Hey Arnold!? I was 12, that's when it first aired, I remember that my best friend told me about this awesome show I had to check out.

How old were you when you first got into Hey Arnold!? I loved it right away, after I saw a couple of episodes. Maybe it was because my friend liked it too and was talking about it all day, or maybe because I was old enough to get the jokes and the romance and adventure.. I don't know.. But I was so hooked on the show, I even taped almost every episode, and must've watched them a million times!

What do you look like? old picture XD
Spare a moment for a Survey? (Don't make me beg) 3571651465vhx

How old are you now? 25

What do you do for a living? I work for the local newspaper as a desktop publisher. I have add photo's to the pages and make the layouts and stuff like that. Before that I've been in artschool.

Do you remember how you first got into Hey Arnold!? My friend got me hooked Smile And when I was 18 and the movie was released (unfortunately not in Holland, not in theaters nor on dvd), I registered to the unofficial HA! forum and got back into it for a little while, until almost everything died.

Who's your favorite character(s)? I love Helga and Arnold, always have and always will.. and Eugene, I just adore his blind optimism, his pure and honest nature. And yes, I've also got a new found appreciation for Big Gino.

Why? Helga because she's so passionate and smart, I love her poetry, and I love her fire. Arnold because he's so smart and optimistic, always helping people and doing the right thing, but without being boring or geeky. I guess that's the difference between him and Eugene, Arnold has that fire. And Big Gino.. I dig his style ^^

Who's your least favorite character? Yes, Jolly Olly man, I never liked him either.. And I don't like Oskar, but he's very funny, I wouldn't want him to leave the show.

Why? He was so mean, and he looked so creepy.. And Oskar, well he's just not very smart, he's so selfish, and I hate selfish people.

What's your favorite episode? Ow I don't think I could choose just one.. April fools.. Parents Day, Helga on the Couch.. the Journal of course. And Stuck in a tree is epic ^^

What is your least favorite episode? I didn't like 'Arnold Betrays Iggy' either.. I felt REALLY bad for Arnold Cry

Why? I wonder if there's any real moral to that episode?

What's your favorite Moment in an episode? When Arnold discovered the map of San Lorenzo Smile The tango ^^ The end of Diner for four.. Lots of great moments actually

What is your favorite romantic pairing, if you have one? I like almost any pairing really, My favorite one will always be Helga/Arnold.. but lately I'm also very fond of Eugene/Curly and Phoebe/Gino

Why? I love that tension between Arnold and Helga, the passion, the fire, the way they both have their flaws, but together they're perfect. I like Eugene/Curly because I think Eugene could use some more excitement in his life, he's okay with all of Curly's craziness.. and Curly needs some sweet love to calm him down and he's practically immune to Eugene's bad luck ^^ And Phoebe/Gino.. well I guess I just like bad guy/good guy relationships and the passion that comes with it

What is your least favorite romantic pairing? Arnold/Lila .. Helga/Arnie!!

Why don't you care for that one? Arnold and Lila are boring together.. like I said, I prefer the good guy/bad guy pairings Arnie/Helga, because it's gross XD Helga deserves so much better

Random thing about yourself that you rarely share with people that you will share now? Geez.. I'll have to think about that.. I wish there were more people like me around here to have fun with, I do have some nice friends but they're mostly about going to the disco and partying and shopping, while I like walks through nature and art and deep conversations and musicals and museums. And I'd LOVE to have a boyfriend who likes that too, but I've been searching for a guy like that for over 10 years and I guess they just don't exist >< Meow

Song that sums up your feelings for Hey Arnold and/or the characters involved? Ow.. I'll have to check my playlist when I get home XD
*got one!* Raindrops keep falling on my head, bij BJ Thomas. and Always look on the bright side of life by Monthy Pyton. 'Cause Arnold taught us always to look on the bright side, and even though the show got cancelled, we have to look on the bright side and make the best of it.

Quick! Say something nice about 2 members of this forum! Peachcake, I think you're very mature for your age, I love reading your posts!
And I know she's not around anymore, but still a member of the board: AG, I loved your positive spirit, your art's amazing, and I loved to read your RP posts! I really hope you'll visit the board again soon!

What do you think about what you know of "The Patakis" spin off? It would be awesome! Especially the 'dark' side, since Nick said it was too dark for Nickelodeon, I really wonder what they were talking about, but it sounds great! I like more mature and dark cartoons.

What are a few of your favorite Hey Arnold! fanfics, if you have any? 'Trying' by Alyssa, 'Arnold's Couch Confessions', yes! And I read some other great fics, but I can't remember the names Blush

Favorite Hey Arnold! fanarts? Have a minute? Meow
Alyssa's Midnight Coward: http://squirreltamer.deviantart.com/art/HA-Midnight-Coward-154000658
Krossfire's Missing Journal XD http://krossfire.deviantart.com/art/Dad-s-Missing-Journal-82344517
Unluckystunt's Thanksgiving fanart: http://unluckystunt.deviantart.com/art/Hey-Arnold-Thanksgiving-44748092
Latinart's jungle movie fanart: http://latinart.deviantart.com/art/Arnold-and-Helga-lost-9810430
Genaminna's jungle movie fanart: http://genaminna.deviantart.com/art/Hey-Arnold-TJM-Promo-Art-87254379
AG's push: http://jessnumbuh20.deviantart.com/art/Push-114064423
Almost all of bloochikin's art.. Blush
Aww way too much to choose from!

How about amvs? Jolene, yes! And Golden boy (or what's the name of the song?), and I really love the flash videos with Helga and Miriam, those were awesome! And the Tangled up in me MV! That's awesome!

Did you see Hey Arnold! the movie in theaters? No, it never played in the theater here Lips are sealed

Why or why not? I would have gone if it played.. ><

Did you buy the Hey Arnold! movie on DVD? Yes! It's my precious.. my precious... *crawls away and starts petting and hugging the dvd*
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Female Number of posts : 518
Favorite character : Eugene <3
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character Character: Eugene

http://www.ABCreatief.com

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:56 am

hehe, ok ok...I won't make you beg Smile

What's your name? Funnybones021, Funnybones, David (my real name, of course)

What's your gender? Male (it seems like I'm one of the few male HA! fans lol)

How old were you when you first saw Hey Arnold!? I was 8 when it first came on in 1996, so I was 8 years old.

How old were you when you first got into Hey Arnold!? As a kid, HA! was always my favorite show. Once the show went off the air, I kind of forgot about it until summer 2008. I was in the car and it just popped into my head somehow. When I got home I immediately looked it up on youtube and was re-obsessed. So, I was 20 years old in 2008.

What do you look like? I'll beat Annemiek's old image and go with one from 1993 (when I was 5 lol). I don't look exactly like this anymore...but I guess you sort of get an idea of what I look like, right? No Smile
https://i.servimg.com/u/f66/13/86/34/72/033_sm10.jpg
haha, sorry I don't have a scanner or a digital copy of that picture.

How old are you now? I'm 22 now.

What do you do for a living? I'm a student and I also work as an assistant research scientist in a hematology lab (lol, I'm like a vampire because I work with blood; but also oxygen, and carbon monoxide). I've even been published. Yay

Do you remember how you first got into Hey Arnold!? It was really random. I was riding in the car and I suddenly started thinking about it. When I got home I started watching some YT videos about it and doing some other research about it. I've been hooked ever since.

Who's your favorite character(s)? I think Arnold is my favorite character. I also like Helga and Arnold's grandparents.

Why? I think Arnold is my favorite because I think I can relate to him more than any other character...which is probably another reason I got hooked to HA! so easily. Helga is relatable too because who hasn't had that feeling of unrequited love? Lips are sealed Arnold's grandparents are just absolutely hilarious.

Who's your least favorite character? Probably Rex Smythe Higgins.

Why? Because he's so stuck up and snooty; and he cheats. His grandson is a little better because he stood up for Abner at the end of Pig War.

What's your favorite episode? I can't choose just one favorite, but I liked Parents' Day, What's Opera Arnold, and Arnold's Christmas.

What is your least favorite episode? For some reason, I have a hard time with Fighting Families.

Why? I don't really know why Lips are sealed

What's your favorite Moment in an episode? All of the funny Grandma and Grandpa moments, and every time Arnold hugs Helga I say "awwww..."

What is your favorite romantic pairing, if you have one? Arnold and Helga, of course Big Grin

Why? Because those two are meant for each other.

What is your least favorite romantic pairing? Arnold and Lila.

Why don't you care for that one? Because it causes Helga so much pain to see Arnold with Lila...I hate seeing the torture she puts herself through when he's with Lila.

Random thing about yourself that you rarely share with people that you will share now? I don't really know...I guess I'm kind of an open book. hmmm, my handwriting isn't very good. Sorry, kind of a cheap answer. if there's something else you want to know just ask because I can't really think of anything right now.
*Okay, I thought of a random thing that I've never told anyone before. Sometimes when I'm alone and listening to music, I'll conduct my own imaginary orchestra. It's really weird because I'll always conduct in a 4/4 time (even if it's 3/4 time or 2/4 or whatever). I even do it with heavy rock music that has no orchestral sound at all...lol, I remember conducting Foxy Lady by Jimi Hendrix once. Lips are sealed

Song that sums up your feelings for Hey Arnold and/or the characters involved? Across the Universe comes to mind for some reason (I'm a big Beatles fan :P )

Quick! Say something nice about 2 members of this forum! I'm fairly new to this forum...so I haven't met too many people here. But I do know Annemiek and she's just one of the coolest people ever! And Perhapsormaybe is also one of the coolest people ever! I'd go into specifics, but it would take all day :P

What do you think about what you know of "The Patakis" spin off? I think it would have been bitter-sweet. I love the idea of a show all about Helga as a teen and the darker side of everything, but I think I would have felt bad about all the angst she would have had to go through with Arnold gone.

What are a few of your favorite Hey Arnold! fanfics, if you have any? I don't get too much of a chance to read HA! fanfics, but my absolute favorite one that I have been reading is "Trying".

Favorite Hey Arnold! fanarts? I'm always impressed by all of the HA! fanart, especially since I'm not much of an artist myself.

How about amvs? I really like Annemiek's videos. They're all awesome!

Did you see Hey Arnold! the movie in theaters? No I didn't

Why or why not? I'm not really sure why. I remember I really wanted to see it, but for some reason I wasn't able to.

Did you buy the Hey Arnold! movie on DVD? No, but I did buy the Hey Arnold! movie on itunes. It's downloaded on my hard drive Smile

Hope I helped...thanks for the fun survey, Perhapsormaybe!

Last edited by funnybones021 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:05 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : had to ad a better random thing)
funnybones021
funnybones021

Male Number of posts : 21
Favorite character : Arnold
Registration date : 2010-02-11

Character Character: -

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:07 am

Random, but I just want to say that I am so in love with finding out that people are really into Trying. Blush
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Female Number of posts : 596
Favorite character : Helga, Harold
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Character Character: Harold

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:13 am

No problem, funnybones, I am just here to post weird things. Plus people get ego boosts out of it, which is a bonus. ^_^
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefarious Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:12 pm

I loathe surveys with a poisonous intensity. No, there's no need to beg. I'll do it. For you. I'm just sayin', I don't like them.

What's your name?
Fredrick Raymond Wooten the Third, Esquire. Aliases: Fred, Freddie, Count Fred, Baron von Wooten, Nefarious, Counted Out, Second Seraph, and Inept Villain

What's your gender?
I'm a dude, dude.

How old were you when you first saw Hey Arnold!?
I can't quite recall. I remember seeing the pilot for Hey Arnold when I saw Harriet the Spy in theaters, and I know I watched the show when it came out, but an exact date eludes me.

How old were you when you first got into Hey Arnold!?
I never fell out of it, I'm just not the type who usually gets involved in fandoms. When did I get in to Hey Arnold? Probably during middle school, when I was 12-14 and watching it regularly. When did I join the fandom? A little over a year ago, at the age of 24.

What do you look like?

Who's that handsome guy??

Spare a moment for a Survey? (Don't make me beg) Untitled22

It's kind of washed out, but this is one of my most current photos. (That's a toothpick in my mouth)

How old are you now?
I'm 25 as of last Friday. Soon I will be telling all of you to get off my lawn with much sincerity.

What do you do for a living?
I work third shift at UPS and go to school in the mornings. I am (usually) asleep during the day. Then again I'm kind of an insomniac... so I often stay up when I shouldn't.

Do you remember how you first got into Hey Arnold!?
I was googling for Hey Arnold information (I'd been googling for a lot of cartoon stuff) and came across a semi-active forum called Arnold's Eyes. I joined it and the rest is history.

Who's your favorite character(s)?
Helga

Why?
I fell in love with Helga as a young boy, which might say something about me. She's cruel, selfish, rude, violent, and isn't above using people to get what she wants. -Swoons- What a woman.

What? Helga's good points? Those are nice too... I guess.

Who's your least favorite character?
I don't dislike anybody on the show.

Why?
There's no one on the show who I don't respect, relate to, or whose antics I can't find enjoyable.

What's your favorite episode?
Probably the musicals. “What's opera, Arnold?” and “Eugene, Eugene”
What is your least favorite episode? “Synchronized Swimming”

Why?
The musicals? For obvious reasons. For “Synchronized Swimming”? Well, I mean, just WATCH IT. It's a weird episode.

What's your favorite Moment in an episode?
Helga's 'evil schemes'.

What is your favorite romantic pairing, if you have one?
Arnold and Helga, naturally.

Why?
They work so well, what can I really say?

What is your least favorite romantic pairing?
Chocolate Boy and Patty.

Why don't you care for that one?
It'd just be wrong.

I sing, dance, and play the harmonica.

Song that sums up your feelings for Hey Arnold and/or the characters involved?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSuEMJ_48YE

Quick! Say something nice about 2 members of this forum!
FunnyBones is a quality individual AND he helps validate my presence here. Weird1 isn't with us anymore, but she was a cool kid. I'm sorry she's gone.

What do you think about what you know of "The Patakis" spin off?
Oh man, I would have watched the paint off of that. Helga stole whatever scene she was in during Hey Arnold, so a cartoon all about her seems like it would work out rather well.

What are a few of your favorite Hey Arnold! fanfics, if you have any?
I don't read a lot of fan fiction. I used to. It's so rare to find good writing that stays true to the original characters that I slowly became disinterested with the majority of fan written stories.

Favorite Hey Arnold! fanarts?
Anything by Bloochikin and Squirreltamer blows me away, but I thoroughly enjoy all the fan art I find out about.

How about amvs?
They're okay every now and then.

Did you see Hey Arnold! the movie in theaters?
No, sadly, I didn't.

Why or why not?
I don't even think it came to the theaters here. If it did, then I wasn't aware of it.

Did you buy the Hey Arnold! movie on DVD?
Yes. I also own all the chapter books.
Nefarious
Nefarious

Male Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Character Character: "Big" Gino

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:59 am

Aww, Freddie, thank you for being sweet enough to fill this out even though you loathe surveys! I reward you with a cookie. ...I'm eating cheesecake, and you can't have any though. ....Your picture blinds me. ...God that sounds mean, I don't mean it that way!!! I mean that it's just really...bright. I love the goggles, though!

Thanks to everyone who filled this out! ...I'm still trying to remember the point of my essay. If I ever remember, I will write it and every one of you will receive my thanks (which has no monetary value, sorry) for your assistance.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefarious Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:33 am

Yeah, I know. No Smile It's an awful, awful photo. I am pretty terrible at taking pictures. I'll buy a camera soon and attempt to get some better ones.

Alright! Score. A cookie.
Nefarious
Nefarious

Male Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Character Character: "Big" Gino

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:57 am

This is a forum of beautiful people, inside and out. *nods*
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by funnybones021 Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:15 am

It was a fun survey perhapsormaybe (I enjoy surveys...they're fun to me for some reason).
I hope you remember your essay!
funnybones021
funnybones021

Male Number of posts : 21
Favorite character : Arnold
Registration date : 2010-02-11

Character Character: -

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Perhapsormaybe wrote:This is a forum of beautiful people, inside and out. *nods*
*nods in agreement*
Love
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Female Number of posts : 518
Favorite character : Eugene <3
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character Character: Eugene

http://www.ABCreatief.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum