Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would've happened if...

3 posters

Go down

What would've happened if... Empty What would've happened if...

Post by NintendoGal55 Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:17 am

Okay, so there's a lot of "what ifs" and could-have-beens and different interpretations of various situations in the series, yeah? So why don't we take a moment to think about some of them?

Well, this one particular "could have been" has me curious.

In the episode "Arnold and Lila", when Helga first writes "Arnold Loves Helga" on the wall (YES YOU DO, ARNOLD!!!!! XD), and then quickly changes it to Lila. Now okay, I know it's absolutely impossible, but just to take a "what if" guess, what do you think would've happened if she never replaced her name with Lila's? Well, obviously Arnold would probably not fall for Lila, and it would change the very plot. At least for that particular episode.

What do you guys think would've happened?

XD I bet Helga would of course feign as if she didn't (doi), and probably go ape-shizzit and demand who did it to ward off suspicion.
NintendoGal55
NintendoGal55

Female Number of posts : 296
Favorite character : Arnold and Helga :D
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: Arnold

http://www.fanfiction.net/~nintendogal55

Back to top Go down

What would've happened if... Empty Re: What would've happened if...

Post by Perhapsormaybe Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:23 am

I've always wondered about that. I think it would have been a great time for that "Well, no duh!" reaction Craig said her classmates would have to 'finding out' how Helga really feels. I think the whole episode would have been both of them denying that they wrote it. For comedic effect, I think Rhonda, Lila, (and wasn't Nadine with them when they found it?) would have spent the entire episode insisting that Arnold must have written it, and that his feelings for Helga were probably why he put up with her and her constant teasing.

It could have made for a pretty interesting episode, but alas it was necessary as was for the triangle to come into effect. And while it ended up forcing a lot of people to hate Lila (cough, cough, I have to admit I was in that camp for a while. Then I grew up and matured and realized she wasn't secretly evil), it was also necessary to get Helga riled up about her emotions (and who doesn't love Helga when she's going out of her way to ruin Arnold's dates?)
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Female Number of posts : 562
Favorite character : Helga
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:43 am

Oh YEAH! I remember reading on that, that Helga's secret somehow is announced or broadcast to the class (Arnold is not around) and all her classmates are like "DUH!". XD That would have been hilarious, and it makes you think that maybe somehow they know.

But anyway, yeah, the series plot did need that little love triangle thing, true enough! The alternative is just an interesting "what if", and it could've been fun on its own. xD You know that's true, it could've envoked the classwide "DUH!".

And I guess Arnold would be a little panicked and very confused, as well as denying that he wrote it. X3 And everyone's teasing him that he loves Helga and all la la la. Oh goodness, it'd be chaos! But ultimately hilarious.
NintendoGal55
NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:46 am

Yeah, but I actually just imagined a ...really sad scene, with Arnold loudly denying that he wrote it, and insisting that of all the girls in school, the one he could never, EVER fall for was Helga Pataki...and Helga overhearing and getting really upset and ---you know what, I'm not going to tell you how it ends because I just got a great comic idea! I love you, Nintendogal, this discussion was inspirational! ^_^
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:51 am

ACK!!! *Stabs self in the heart again* First an incredibly depressing fanfic chapter, and now THAT? Oh my God, I'm gonna cry!!! *Cries*

But that's an interesting idea, I think that would really evoke an emotional response out of the audience, and poor Helga!! D: I can already feel myself wanting to comfort her and give her a hug!

8D WOW! Really?!?!!? YAY!!! Yay Awww, and I love you too! >w< I'm glad the inspiration bug bit you! That sounds like such an interesting idea. Well you better show it to us when you're done! 8D I'd love to see what you can come up with! OwO And the end result. >w< Awesome.
NintendoGal55
NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:54 am

Huh? Who did an incredibly depressing fanfic chapter? <.< >.> I didn't do it, I don't torture characters, no sir, not me! *ahem...*

But yes, it gave me an idea based on how I think this episode would have gone if Helga had kept her name up there. You know, everytime I watch this episode I go "don't change the name, Helga! Leave yours up there!" Poor thing, she unknowingly caused Arnold's crush.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:57 am

xD LOL!!! ...Well, I DID read your ficcy...but no, I was talking about SuprSingr's fic "Arnold's Journal". Chapter two made me really sad.

Ohhh I know!! I saw the episode YEARS ago, but I don't remember all of it, just that Helga wrote "Arnold loves Helga" and changed it to Lila. I was neutral at the time, it wasn't until I got back into the series now a few months ago that I actually had an opinion. xD But now that I look back on it, I have to say I feel that way too, don't change the name, Helga!!! Noooo!! Don't cause the crush! ....Oh, too late. Noes! XD

Well anyway though, I look forward to seeing what you'll put together. 8D
NintendoGal55
NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:59 am

That's why the episode is just so heartbreaking, though. Helga accidentally caused Arnold's crush on Lila, and after he starts crushing on her she rejects him. Sure, the ending was really sweet with Helga walking home with him, but still...this is kind of a sad episode.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:13 am

I totally agree, it was a pretty sad episode. *Sad nod* She unintentionally caused his crush and pretty much suffered for it. And Arnold did too.

Well...that's what the episode "Timberly Loves Arnold" is for! xD I think all Helga fans were cheering by then. Myself included, when I finally got to see it. xD
NintendoGal55
NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:15 am

Actually, I feel really slow...I didn't realize that Arnold really meant he was going to give up on Lila when I first saw that episode. It wasn't until I read a fanchat that I found out that's where he decided to stop chasing her. ...I'm slow sometimes.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by kagomesashi Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:22 am

Perhapsormaybe wrote:Actually, I feel really slow...I didn't realize that Arnold really meant he was going to give up on Lila when I first saw that episode. It wasn't until I read a fanchat that I found out that's where he decided to stop chasing her. ...I'm slow sometimes.

Well don't feel bad, I didn't realized till that fanchat. So or I am slow too or the idea of Arnold giving up to Lila was a little subtle.

kagomesashi

Female Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:25 am

No, I don't think you're slow. Maybe we both missed the ending or something? I remember the first time I watched it not being too fond of Timberley, and I wasn't big on Lila either, so I probably wasn't paying that much attention to it.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:27 am

It did happen at the end.

Arnold was telling Timberly the truth (she wasn't the least affected by it) about why he was hanging out with her, and Lila overheard, and kind of berated him for it (very nicely), saying she was disappointed in him. Arnold got a little upset by it all and told Sid and Gerald (I think) that it was over between him and Timberly AND Lila. ...I believe that's how he said it.

But he pretty much just said in a subtle way that he's given up on Lila.
NintendoGal55
NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:31 am

Yeah, I rewatched it last month and finally got that. *laughs* Finally, after what...6 years after that episode first aired? Or more...
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:40 am

XD Quite a few years, I'm not sure when, but yeah.

SEE YA, LILA!!! OH YEAH!! WHOOHOO!! GO HELGA!!!!!

XD Sorry, couldn't help it.

But yeah, Craig did say he wanted Arnold's infatuation with Lila to be done by the movie, so that's pretty much it. XD
NintendoGal55
NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:13 pm

@ NintendoGal55:

I read the first chapter of the fic you and SuprSingr collaborated on concerning this event... it's great so far and I look forward to more! Smile

And yes, Arnold giving up on Lila wasn't necessary just for the first movie, but it was also necessary for what would've been Season 6 and The Jungle Movie. However, the Arnold/Lila/Helga love triangle was really interesting and also needed for Arnold to realize just how incompatible he and Lila were, and in some ways, it was retribution for Helga for causing Arnold's crush on Lila in the first place.

It also made Helga's love for Arnold intensify in some ways, since it seems that you always want someone you can't have.

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoGal55 Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:21 am

Thanks, One Fire Wire! Meow Glad you're enjoying it. >w< X3
NintendoGal55
NintendoGal55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum