Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuck in the Mall [OOC; thread]

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Stuck in the Mall [OOC; thread] - Page 2 Empty Re: Stuck in the Mall [OOC; thread]

Post by agshepherd Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:13 am

Perhapsormaybe2 wrote:Wasn't Arnold supposed to move at some point? I think Alyssa's version is that they'd hook up when Arnold's not there and there's no hint he's coming back.

But I'm kind of interested in the dynamic of Helga pursuing someone other than Arnold with him still there. I would also like to see him pining over her for once (...small punishment for how oblivious he was. I love Arnold, but for a smart kid he had some pretty dense moments)

If there was no hint he was coming back, Helga would eventually go look for him- albeit I can see her sinking into depression before she makes this decision...uhm.....but I know Arnold already knows she loves him and visa versa, they just beat around the bush because they're both ass holes (in their own ways mind you, but Arnold can be a righteous passive aggressive prick) and then yeah, Arnold would be so consumed on what he was doing he would just assume Helga would always wait for him.
agshepherd
agshepherd

Female Number of posts : 221
Favorite character : Pooter
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: Helga

http://soapboxshouts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Stuck in the Mall [OOC; thread] - Page 2 Empty Re: Stuck in the Mall [OOC; thread]

Post by agshepherd Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:15 am

Perhapsormaybe2 wrote:...
But I'm kind of interested in the dynamic of Helga pursuing someone other than Arnold with him still there. I would also like to see him pining over her for once

I would too....but only a diamond can cut through a diamond. Arnold would have to be the one to hurt Helga badly enough to drive her to vindictive stray.
agshepherd
agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:16 am

Which while she would wait for him, it would be kind of a jerk move on his part to just make that assumption. Gaaaah, we need The Patakis series. I am still bitter, I don't care how long it's been.

Maybe there's a chance that that would be enough for her to take a temporary break from him. She's tried the jealousy angle before, and now that he's aware of her feelings maybe he'd be more concerned with her suddenly not paying attention to him. I don't know.
Perhapsormaybe2
Perhapsormaybe2

Female Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2014-08-27

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:18 am

Ehmmm....yeah but she would never actually be with anybody if she were trying to get Arnold's attention- she would just lead them on.

Like really. Arnold has to be the one at serious fault here....and thats what makes it a challenge.
agshepherd
agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:19 am

Maybe she ends up enjoying the attention more than she anticipated? I could see Wolfgang just going along with it just to piss off Arnold, so he wouldn't feel as manipulated.
Perhapsormaybe2
Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:21 am

Perhapsormaybe2 wrote:Maybe she ends up enjoying the attention more than she anticipated? I could see Wolfgang just going along with it just to piss off Arnold, so he wouldn't feel as manipulated.

She would never enjoy that. ROFL.
agshepherd
agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:22 am

Perhapsormaybe2 wrote:Maybe she ends up enjoying the attention more than she anticipated? I could see Wolfgang just going along with it just to piss off Arnold, so he wouldn't feel as manipulated.

...but now that you mention it, I do see how Woflgang would have a thing for Helga....I seriously see that.
agshepherd
agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:26 am

I could sorta see the catalyst being Arnold stringing her along in a goodhearted Arnold sort of way.  Like they had a date and he stood her up because there was a 'greater good' type thing going on and he forgot.  And Arnold is such a daydreamer that he could get lost in his own world when they were trying to have a serious discussion about something.  Not that I think he wouldn't love her, but to him, she's always been around, and she would follow him to the ends of the earth and he eventually comes to know that and sorta takes it for granted?  And I can see it blowing up into a huge fight where she throws her dedication to him in his face and accuses him of never giving it back.  

I dunno.  Rambling.
hatterlet
hatterlet

Female Number of posts : 421
Favorite character : Brainy
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Character Character: Phoebe

http://goodnightdannytrejo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:28 am

hatterlet wrote:I could sorta see the catalyst being Arnold stringing her along in a goodhearted Arnold sort of way.  Like they had a date and he stood her up because there was a 'greater good' type thing going on and he forgot.  And Arnold is such a daydreamer that he could get lost in his own world when they were trying to have a serious discussion about something.  Not that I think he wouldn't love her, but to him, she's always been around, and she would follow him to the ends of the earth and he eventually comes to know that and sorta takes it for granted?  And I can see it blowing up into a huge fight where she throws her dedication to him in his face and accuses him of never giving it back.  

I dunno.  Rambling.

No, not rambling. Totally logical. Whether or not it would actually lead her to do anything with Wolfgang. I don't know. Maybe he just kisses her when she starts ranting (after he gives her a hard time on her way home after blowing up at Arnold because he just wants her to SHUT. UP. and they both actually kind of like it. For all of a week or two).

Perhapsormaybe2
Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:29 am

hatterlet wrote: Not that I think he wouldn't love her, but to him, she's always been around, and she would follow him to the ends of the earth and he eventually comes to know that and sorta takes it for granted?  And I can see it blowing up into a huge fight where she throws her dedication to him in his face and accuses him of never giving it back.  

Actually thats PERFECT. It just needs ironed out somehow and her throwing her dedication into his face needs to have him reciprocate negatively (obviously) and be blown into a screaming match...which would end with Helga storming out and running away somewhere to get high (and sob).
agshepherd
agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:30 am

Perhapsormaybe2 wrote:

Maybe he just kisses her when she starts ranting (after he gives her a hard time on her way home after blowing up at Arnold because he just wants her to SHUT. UP. and they both actually kind of like it. For all of a week or two).

No, if he did that she would orgasm where she stood and fall to the floor hitting the corner of a table on her way down.

WAIT WAIT WIATXCWWCcnkcw

You meant Wolfgang. MY BAD!!!!
agshepherd
agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:33 am

...I still like your first response, even if it was because my pronouns were unclear.
Perhapsormaybe2
Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:59 am

Perhapsormaybe2 wrote:...I still like your first response, even if it was because my pronouns were unclear.

>>;;;;;;;;
agshepherd
agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:00 am

Somebody text me when its my turn to post.

seven one four

two eight seven

one zero nine nine
agshepherd
agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:13 am

Haha, my head canon future for Helga/Arnold seriously differs from yours Ag! It's actually really neat how much they diverge.

Basically, it's my head canon that The Patakis timeline DOES happen. Arnold moves away, but him and Helga were already "broken up" by that point and just sort of at an awkward place when he goes. She pines for him and is miserable for a long time, but learns to cope without him and DEAL with her own life and family. Of course, at some point she has THE WORST DAY EVER and it basically sets her off on a mission to find Arnold.

So she runs away and there's a wacky journey with the Patakis following her trail in an attempt to bring her home. Aaaaand it ends with Helga standing on a road overlooking his new home and he's like... outside running around with a bunch of other teens and his parents are there and he looks HAPPY. Of course, by this point she's reunited with her family who are sort of hanging back and are all like: "Go on, Helga."

Except she doesn't. She sort of makes peace with everything in that moment. Basically it's her building her own support system and changing her family from within and, while she still loves him, she also is able to let him go? Like, it's just really important that there comes a time in Helga's life where she realizes that she can stand on her own two feet and that she doesn't NEED Arnold to be happy. She leaves without saying anything to him, but I imagine he sees her back walking away from him and has a moment where he's all: "Helga? No, it couldn't be."

OF COURSE years later they totally accidentally reunite probably in the middle of some really adventurous hijinks and it's at that point that the two of them REALLY fall in love with the people they've grown into.
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Female Number of posts : 596
Favorite character : Helga, Harold
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Character Character: Harold

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:16 am

Squirreltamer wrote:

Except she doesn't.  She sort of makes peace with everything in that moment.  Basically it's her building her own support system and changing her family from within and, while she still loves him, she also is able to let him go?  Like, it's just really important that there comes a time in Helga's life where she realizes that she can stand on her own two feet and that she doesn't NEED Arnold to be happy.  She leaves without saying anything to him, but I imagine he sees her back walking away from him and has a moment where he's all: "Helga?  No, it couldn't be."

OF COURSE years later they totally accidentally reunite probably in the middle of some really adventurous hijinks and it's at that point that the two of them REALLY fall in love with the people they've grown into.

I love this. It shows so much growth for Helga, because at some point her devotion to Arnold is going to become more of a stumbling block. She has to be her own person, especially for the times he's not around.
Perhapsormaybe2
Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:02 am

Squirreltamer wrote:
So she runs away and there's a wacky journey with the Patakis following her trail in an attempt to bring her home.  Aaaaand it ends with Helga standing on a road overlooking his new home and he's like... outside running around with a bunch of other teens and his parents are there and he looks HAPPY.  Of course, by this point she's reunited with her family who are sort of hanging back and are all like: "Go on, Helga."

Except she doesn't.  She sort of makes peace with everything in that moment.  Basically it's her building her own support system and changing her family from within and, while she still loves him, she also is able to let him go?  Like, it's just really important that there comes a time in Helga's life where she realizes that she can stand on her own two feet and that she doesn't NEED Arnold to be happy.

This is where it vastly differs.

From experience, one can be strong at heart and will...incredibly intelligent....cunning...affectionate....wear a mask to hide who they are....become obsessive with a final truth that is less likely to happen because they subconsciously sabatage their own happiness.

One can come to peace in the ephinany that them and ONLY them are the reason for their own emotional shackles.

Helga can never accept life without Arnold because she needs him constantly in her life to help her see she needs to accept herself.

Anxiety is a terrible thing. The fear of loss is worse. The fear of the unknown is crippling. The fear of yourself...blind torture.  Arnold was never Helga's crutch.  

Helga has been her own problem and only she is her own solution...and needs Arnold there to see that for self or else she'll forever be closed and lost. Arnold being gone so long would be detrimental...in terms of she woulnt be a good person. She would always have that loss, that fear. That low self esteem, that failure.

I think she and Arnold need to be genuinely happy together for them both to realize neither one of them were pining over anything at all growing up. Not each other. Not their parents. They were always there together. It just took that long to realize it.
agshepherd
agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:09 am

...and thats just...if my personal obsession, loss and resolution is anything to compare this to........Arnold's absence for years on end won't build her up, but bring her further down.

Not everybody can stand on their own two feet. And thats okay. More often than not, its the ones who pretend they can who cannot.

...at least has been the lesson I've come to learn about myself. The humilty of accepting you need certain people to carry on your life with resolution may sound incomplete or weak or unfullfilled for some...but for me, that is the definition of faith. You are meant to have this person in your life, no matter in what context and until they are, comfortably, safely and consistanly, you cant move on. I couldnt.... I pretended to, I convinced myself I had....but no.   The only resolution of my true happiness was everything coming full circle. It took years and a lot of pain...but  I had faith. I knew since I was 12 years old and I wouldnt give up on my best friend- no matter how far away she was- phsyically or emotionally.

Now she sleeps in the room across the hall and I am finally recovered and accepting my adult life only because I know she is in it and in it to stay.

Judge me if you want to, I wont take it personally- I know I am not weak but I will admit that I am if the definition of weak is dependency (in any form).

And just because you need certain people in your life to be your own person doesnt make your person any less valid.

:/
agshepherd
agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:21 pm

<3
hatterlet
hatterlet

Female Number of posts : 421
Favorite character : Brainy
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Character Character: Phoebe

http://goodnightdannytrejo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:58 pm

Awwww, Ag I love you bb. I definitely think our vastly different opinions on Helga's future have a lot to do with our own life experiences. I've learned to deal with my own anxieties by really reaching for acceptance from within and relying on a multitude of friends and family. And my "Arnold" is nothing but a fond memory these days. And I think that definitely reflects in the way I tend to write/think about Helga.

But I can also totally see your version of her being an accurate version of her as well! And like I said, I actually think it's really cool how we can both get such differing reads on the same character.
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:02 pm

I fall in line more with Alyssa's thinking, but that doesn't prove anything. Ultimately, so much can change in the teenage years that either theory is valid. Part of it depends so much on outside experiences.
Perhapsormaybe2
Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by criminyy Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:53 am

I think I'm gonna have to pull out from the rp as much as I really don't want to...but things are too crazy on my end atm and I'll be out of state for a good week and then school starts back up. Still will be reading through the thread tho!!
criminyy
criminyy

Female Number of posts : 25
Favorite character : Too many!

Character Character: Sid

http://criminy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:53 am

Aww, that's sad, but I understand why it might be necessary. Good luck, try not to take on too much!
Perhapsormaybe2
Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:21 am

No prob, Jay! If you wanna join back in when you get back or things get less crazy, feel free to jump back in.
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:21 am

Exactly what Alyssa said. We can just pretend Sid's so terrified that he's completely quiet until the points you can come in again, if you can.
Perhapsormaybe2
Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next