Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP - Stuck in the Mall

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

RP - Stuck in the Mall Empty RP - Stuck in the Mall

Post by Squirreltamer Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:18 pm

The Plot:  

It's 10 pm on a Friday and the mall is about to close for the evening.  The mall itself is relatively new for the area, having been built in a largely abandoned neighborhood of Hillwood.  It's not an extremely large mall (too much of the surrounding area is protected as historical landmarks), though it is possible to get turned around if you've never been there and there are three different levels to it.  Cell phone reception is pretty weak in the mall, unless you're standing right around the exits or a cell kiosk.  It's become a pretty common place for highschoolers from around the area to get after-school jobs at various stores, though not ALL of the lingering people are employed - some are just there to be the annoying teens they are.  There's also rumors of a bad snowstorm heading towards the Hillwood area, but it's not due to hit for a few hours - plenty of time for everyone to get home safely.

The gang is largely 17/18 years old and they are looking to graduate in the spring.  Talk of future plans is both extremely common as well as extremely nerve-wracking.  There is one employee in the mall tonight who really doesn't care about that drama though...

Wolfgang

Wolfgang adjusted his badge as he strode towards the exits, intent on ushering out all of the lingering mall patrons as fast as possible.  There was a raging party going on at Connie O'Connell's place and Maria had been texting him for the better part of the evening with teasing hints that she wasn't wearing anything under her dress and how the hell had he managed to get stuck with this stupid shift tonight?  It was torture.  He was dying.

He pulled out his flashlight and tapped his badge again as he urged another group out the doors.

"That's right, security says it's time to go.  Mall's closed.  Bad storm on the way.  Thanks for nothing.  Let's go!"  He growled as he actually physically pushed a woman out of the building.  She whirled back on him only to find the door had already been shut in her face.

Wolfgang locked the door behind him just to be sure no one would attempt to step back in and take up more of his time that he didn't have.  He still had to make sure all the stupid employees were done counting their money or whatever before he could also force them out.  Plus, he was supposed to make another sweep to look for any lingering or lost patrons, but Maria's curves were calling his name and it was already taking whatever willpower he had left to keep himself from throwing off his badge right then and rushing to her very sexy side.

He was impatient, angry and horny and if anyone got in his way tonight it might be the last thing they ever did.

((It begins!  I apologize a bit for Wolfgang's vulgarity, but also, I hope you can deal with it, because I generally tend to write him as being kind of gross and horrible?  I still might pick up another character - probably one of the girls - in addition to Wolfgang, but for now my sleazy prince is ready to party.))
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Female Number of posts : 596
Favorite character : Helga, Harold
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: Harold

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

RP - Stuck in the Mall Empty Re: RP - Stuck in the Mall

Post by agshepherd Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:26 am

The last? More like the first for this evening.

Helga scoffed as she walked down the stairs to the first level of the mall where Wolfgang was being the dick head at the front door. Figures. She had been loitering in some knock off poser store that claimed to have everything As Seen on TV. What they failed to realize was that everything on TV nowadays was crap and thus so was their products.

Not Helga's product, though. Sporting her grey cameo back pack (that had seen better days), over her right shoulder, Helga placed a cigarette between her lips and brought her little pink zippo up to light the end. By the time she got downstairs, she eyed Wolfgang with a snicker. Snapping her lighter closed she strolled on up to the larger boy.

"Ahhh..consumers." She took a long drag and blew it to the side. Normally she would have blown it in his face, but she was being polite tonight. After all, Helga was out to make some easy cash.

"...they'll be back tomorrow...like a greedy pack of rabid toy poodles pissing themselves in excitement as they charge through the door yappin' for their discount of the day."

She casually leaned against the closed door so Wolfgang couldn't throw her out with any force too quickly.

"Hot date tonight, Champ?" Yeah, Helga knew about it and she wouldn't be caught dead there...because she knew all of the people she'd sold to were there and no, thanks. Wolfgang was the last on her list of potential customers.
agshepherd
agshepherd

Female Number of posts : 221
Favorite character : Pooter
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Character Character: Helga

http://soapboxshouts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:43 am

"Not in the mood for your crap tonight, Pataki." Wolfgang growled as he snatched the cigarette out of her hand. "And you know you're not allowed to smoke indoors." He said with a patronizing smirk before taking a drag of his own. "Mall rules and all that." He held the cigarette back out towards her as he leaned in closer. "Between you and me though, you got anything a little... more against the rules than this? I've got an atmosphere to set later tonight and I'd like both me and the lovely lady to be feeling good."
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:43 am

Initially Phoebe had thought that the two-story bookstore taking up a chunk of the second and third levels of the mall was romantic. It's tall, dark stained bookcases created narrow aisles and the staircase leading to the second level was curved and carpeted, unlike the commercial white-and-gold flecked floor in the rest of the mall. That is until she got a job there. Then she quickly came to hate that staircase. Constant streams of customers asking for "yannow, that one book. With the blue cover." sending her up it once again, hunting for one blue book amongst thousands. And once the manager discovered that Phoebe was that much more level-headed and dependable than the other employees and had no qualms about leaving her alone to close up at the end of the day, impending blizzard or not.

At the moment Phoebe was atop one of the rickety wooden ladders, shelving a handful of paperbacks. "Aesthetics, Phoebe dear." the manager had said when Phoebe asked about the much safer metal models. "These wooden rail ladders are what people expect to see." Phoebe grumbled under her breath and instead thought about the mug of hot chocolate and warm blanket that awaited her at home.

Once her work was done she climbed down, collected her belongings from her small cubby in the breakroom, and trudged back to the entrance. She pulled down the grate and locked it then headed for the mall's front doors.
hatterlet
hatterlet

Female Number of posts : 421
Favorite character : Brainy
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Character Character: Phoebe

http://goodnightdannytrejo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:46 am

Arnold had just showed up to the mall to kill some time. His grandma was a little over excited by the storm, and was throwing Christmas wreaths at anyone who sat still long enough, despite their protests of just how far away Christmas truly was. He spotted Helga and Wolfgang, but paused to wait out their discussion. He knew about Helga's side business and didn't approve, but he also wasn't going to rat her out. Last time he'd said anything, he'd been called a buttinski, and he knew she had her reasons. He checked his watch, figuring he'd wait until the pair were done with their particular deal.
Perhapsormaybe2
Perhapsormaybe2

Female Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2014-08-27

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:58 am

The insult of her crap was a fly by greeting of sorts but when the older boy snatched her cigarette, it honestly left Helga Pataki a little wide eyed. She gasped a little and leaned back and then mentally scolded herself for it. This was Wolfgang. All bark and NO bite was in his name for Christ's sake!

Regaining her composure in the blink of an eye, she scowled as she took her cigarette back...but if Wolfgang thought she was gonna pull from it now that his spit was all over it, he was sorely mistaken. Despite this, she felt he did not deserve to have the rest. Though it pained her to waste a stick after only two drags, Helga turned the cigarette around, dropped it on Wolfgang's shoe and stepped on it to smudge it out.

"Oops. Sorry." She knew Wolfgang was way too ....massive to have been legitimately hurt with her stepping on his foot, but it was the symbolism. If Helga G. Pataki had crap to give then he was going to take it!

As it turned out she did, though she crossed her arms and snorted at the question having to be asked in the first place.  

"More against the rules? What, you think I'm selling Girl Scout Cookie flavored vape oil in here!?" She hesitated...not because that was the best idea ever, but because her peripheral vision caught a very familiar shaped head behind her.

"Oh. great" Helga growled and grit her teeth.  The ONE person on the face of this planet whom she actually cared about what they thought of her.
agshepherd
agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:55 pm

Arnold couldn't help it. Seeing Helga's response, he actually let out a small laugh, which he tried to turn into a cough. It was funny to him, after all those years of teasing, that she was making it more obvious these days that she actually cared about his opinion. He gave a small wave, smirking with the knowledge that she knew he was there. He put his hands in his pockets, his own little way of saying that she could take her time, he wouldn't interrupt.
Perhapsormaybe2
Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:13 am

Wolfgang turned his head, suddenly feeling the presence of someone watching him. He groaned inwardly when he saw who it was. Better back out of this deal now before that stupid footballhead went and tattled to some higher authority or something.

"Oh, forget it. Stick around until I get the rest of the mooks out of the building and then we'll talk." He said in a low voice to Helga, before whipping around and drawing his flashlight from his belt loop. "Hey you! Footballhead! The mall is closed - something wrong with your hearing? Now get out of here," He said with a gesture towards the doors before stomping past Arnold. Time to properly evacuate this mall.
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:14 am

That Jackass. Laughing at her just made it worse and he knew that. Helga knew that Arnold knew that she knew that he knew that. Because that's how complicated and yet so transparent their friendship was. Arnold could read between Helga's lines as easy as See Spot Run. It was one of the many reasons she loved him of course, but right now it was just humiliating.

Being so passive aggressive and sassy the way Arnold was with her- he knew exactly how get under her skin when she was participating in activities he did not (and would never) approve of.

That smile of his. That smirk of his.

Helga had been staring (well, glaring) at Arnold a little too long but when she snapped out of it, she stepped aside for Woflgang to walk away, but of course it had to be on her terms.

"Sorry, Mac. Deals off! Take a hike!"

She pointed an accusing finger at Arnold and silently mouthed I hate you.

Last edited by agshepherd on Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit to flow with wolfgang's last post.)
agshepherd
agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:20 am

"I heard you, Wolfgang." Arnold still viewed Wolfgang as a bully and still disliked the boy, but he didn't want to start anything. "I was just trying not to interrupt." He pretended like he hadn't been able to read exactly what Helga had mouthed at him. "Hi, Helga. How are you?"
Perhapsormaybe2
Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:23 am

"Oh, fuckoff, Football Face."  She crossed her arms, though her words had no venom behind them, more or less just exhausted frustration. Like a snobby kid being pissy after their hand had been caught in the cookie jar.
agshepherd
agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:27 am

"It's nice to see you, too," Arnold chuckled. He glanced around casually before checking his watch again. Still too early. His grandmother was probably setting off fire works by now. "Were you gonna pick Phoebe up from her job? I could walk you guys home, if you'd like?" His eyes narrowed. "That is, if you don't have any more business to do tonight?"
Perhapsormaybe2
Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:14 am

"That's why I'm at this mall in the first place." Waiting for Phoebe she meant.
"Psft. Otherwise I wouldnt be caught dead here." The mall on the other side of the next city over was where Helga worked and it was (in her opinion) far superior than this little Hillwood Mall.

Helga's expression kind of softened when he offered to walk them home, she smiled and was about to mention she had a ride but before any words came out that scowl was back on her face and she glared daggers into Arnold's narrowed eyes.

She leaned in a little closer, their foreheads almost touching.

"Don't. Give. Me. That." Helga whispered harshly. Arnold was too close to giving her a lecture for her comfort. Not here, not now.

Still...

Helga glanced around their immediate area and then locked eyes with Arnold again. Her's softened, more back into shame and guilt, though at the same time she was giving a slightly nervous, slightly pleading expression to drop it. If he wanted to rail her later, she'd let him- but not here. She would never submit under anybody in public, including him. Respect or love to the wind, it did not matter.
agshepherd
agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:22 am

"All right," Arnold held his hands up in front of him as though he surrendered. "But I'm not dropping it completely, Helga. I'm worried about you. But I guess it can wait." He rubbed the back of his neck with his hand as he tried to switch gears. He couldn't help it - he would always be the boy that tried to save everyone.

But for now, Helga was not in the mood and it wasn't going to help. "Well, let's go grab Phoebe, then, shall we? We've gotta get moving before that storm gets too close."
Perhapsormaybe2
Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:32 am

Phoebe stared out one of the huge plate glass windows that lined the atrium. Huge soft snowflakes were drifting past, illuminated by the halogen lamps in the parking lot. She wound a scarf high on her neck and shrugged deeper into her navy blue coat, already shivering.

There were familiar voices coming from farther down the wing. She turned to see two blond heads coming towards her.
hatterlet
hatterlet

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:35 am

Helga relaxed in her stance when his hands went up. White flag. Thank God. Her win was short lived however and she gasped when he...did not drop it, despite him saying he would. Helga's flushed red with embarrassment and anger.

"HEY!" She snapped. "Saying you're not dropping it completely isnt dropping it now is it?! I don't need you to be worried about me! I can take of myself!" She started to follow him and chose to take the lead of the change of subject.

"I have my car in the parking lot. Just wanna ride along with us?"
agshepherd
agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:37 am

"Yeah, I guess. Phoebe?" He spotted the shorter girl down the way and waved at her. "Helga and I were just coming to get you. How was work?"

Perhapsormaybe2
Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:40 am

"Ugh. Exhausting," Phoebe said, waving back. "That new coffee shop just opened upstairs and you would not believe how many people think that any random bookshelf is a fine place for a thin styrofoam cup full of lukewarm liquid. Preposterous."
hatterlet
hatterlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:43 am

"Yikes. I'm sorry." Arnold truly meant it. He could see that Phoebe looked tired and annoyed. On second thought, both girls looked annoyed right now. He was starting to reconsider riding with the pair of them, but decided he should go along with them anyway. He wanted to make sure both got home safely.
Perhapsormaybe2
Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:43 am

Helga kinda smirked. It was so appropriate for Phoebe to be working at the bookstore near the cafe. If Helga saw someone put down their coffee cup on a shelf, she would walk by and spit in it and then politely tap their shoulder reminding them they'd left it behind. That would teach 'em to use bookshelves as a their own personal trash dump.

She kept these thoughts to herself though.
agshepherd
agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:48 am

"Regardless, my shift is over and I am eager to get home. This storm looks particularly distressing - it's already started to snow." Phoebe grimaced. She hated snow. Kentucky winters growing up had taught her that while beautiful, winter weather was not something to be trifled with. She pulled out her phone to check the radar map for the thousandth time and was chagrined to find it had no service.

"I swear, this malls are purposefully constructed like Faraday Cages." she shook the phone in frustration.
hatterlet
hatterlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:31 am

Arnold checked his own phone. "My signal's out, too. So much for calling to let Grandma and Grandpa know I won't be home until late. Any chance there's a pay phone around here?" Arnold glanced around, but he knew there was no point to it. With the domination of cell phones, he wasn't sure he'd seen a pay phone in years. And all the stores were locked up, so no chance of asking to borrow a phone there. "I think we better get out of here soon."
Perhapsormaybe2
Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by agshepherd Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:18 am

"A pay phone?" Helga asked being very condescending. "What, did you grow up in the early 90's or something? Christ." She rolled her eyes and all of you better laugh at that because the joke is, yes, they did, however we have to play Dr. Who with timelines here or we'd all be playing them in their 30's. Moving on.

Helga pulled out her phone and checked the bars. She had only two left and she would use them to text Wolfgang.

--Where are you meeting me, Troll? I can't keep stalling.--

How she was going to strike this deal without Arnold being completely aware of it she wasn't quite sure yet...but she knew Wolfgang wanted some bud and therefore would pay up the nose for it.
agshepherd
agshepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirreltamer Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:41 am

"-- And don't come back!" Wolfgang said with a rude smirk as he slammed the door shut once more. Finally, that was all of them. Now, to just turn off the lights, set the alarms and --

His cell let out a very irritating buzz, startling him out of his mindset. He unlocked the screen to find a message from good ol' Pataki. Shit, he'd forgotten about her already. Where in the hell was she? He began furious typing out his own irritated response:

-- F U Pataki. I said 2 wait 4 me at the front door. Everything else is locked. --
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe2 Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:10 am

"Whatever, Helga." Arnold resisted the urge to roll his eyes. That was how their friendship was these days. They were much closer than they had been as children, both admitting to being friends without having to be pushed about it but they still didn't always get along. Which was only natural, Arnold supposed, but he felt both annoyed and worried at the moment. Worried about what Helga was doing and annoyed that he cared so much. He knew Gerald did pot some times (OOC: I can see Gerald doing it at least once recreationally) and that had never bothered him. A few of his other friends smoked, and while he didn't care for the smell he'd never felt the need to lecture any of them. Helga, though, was different. Arnold's frustration grew at himself.

For one thing, why was he so worried about the one friend he had who could so capably handle herself?
Perhapsormaybe2
Perhapsormaybe2

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next