Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brainy's Music Video (I get knocked down)

4 posters

Go down

Brainy's Music Video (I get knocked down) Empty Brainy's Music Video (I get knocked down)

Post by Annemiek Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c76p4o0Qr2s

Poor Brainy T_T

XDD

Enjoy!
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Female Number of posts : 518
Favorite character : Eugene <3
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character: Eugene

http://www.ABCreatief.com

Back to top Go down

Brainy's Music Video (I get knocked down) Empty Re: Brainy's Music Video (I get knocked down)

Post by Hellerick Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:18 pm

Ouch!

I would say it was cool if you weren't punching my avatar.
Hellerick
Hellerick

Male Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Brainy's Music Video (I get knocked down) Empty Re: Brainy's Music Video (I get knocked down)

Post by Annemiek Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:52 pm

Welcome here, Hellerick ^^

LOL
"Brainy doesn't mind.. I do it all the time!" Cool!
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:07 pm

Thanks for your welcome, you have a cool forum here.

I just wish there were more posts in Dutch here. I have a little experience reading in it -- it's an interesting language.
Hellerick
Hellerick

Back to top Go down

Post by coloredskies84 Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:50 pm

I saw this video on Youtube yesterday and I love it! Big Grin It's so hilarious! Brainy truly DOES get knocked down and gets up again, haha! I tried commenting on the actual video when I was logged into Youtube last night and for some unknown reason, it wouldn't let me. :/ So I thought commenting on here would be just as good. Smile
coloredskies84
coloredskies84

Female Number of posts : 45
Favorite character : Helga, Arnold, Gerald, Phoebe
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Character Character: Gerald, Brainy

https://www.youtube.com/coloredskies84

Back to top Go down

Post by hatterlet Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:40 am

I love that song, but I totally did not know what it was!
hatterlet
hatterlet

Female Number of posts : 421
Favorite character : Brainy
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Character Character: Phoebe

http://goodnightdannytrejo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:42 am

Yeah, that song sticks in your head man XD

Weird that it wouldn't let you post a comment at youtube, but I think that might be because of the stupid WMG problem.. It was that annoying copyright thing again, and I had to fill in that form to get it to work again.
Anyway, thanks a lot!
LOL yeah, Brainy doesn't seem to be bothered by the hitting, he always gets up again. He really deserved a music video of his own ^^

Indeed Hellerick, not much Dutch people here. I really thought there'd be more fans in Holland, but maybe they just never searched the internet for forums..
But I'm planning to write a little HA! text for the dutch Wikipedia though, I'll send you the link when it's finished!
The old wikipedia text of HA! is totally wrong >< It says that Arnold's parents died in a plane crash.. that his family doesn't notice him and don't care about him.. and that Helga is building a life-size bubblegum statue of Arnold >< LOL I bet the one who wrote that text only saw three episodes XDD
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hey_Arnold
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:13 am

Yeah the article is weird sometimes... Arnold's parents were killed? Uh...

I remember in the Portuguese Wikipedia it was written that they got lost in Guatemala. Even though I agree that Guatemala seems to be the most plausible site for San Lorenzo (that where I put it in my fan article about it), but still I was surprised by its precise localisation in the Portuguese Wikipedia.

And I wonder why all the Johanssen have the initial "J." for their middle name.

BTW, it was written that in Portuguese "Footballhead" is "cabeça de bigorna" (anvil head). Is "rugbybalhoofd" his official nickname in Dutch? In Russian he's "repogolovyj" (turnip head) Smile
Hellerick
Hellerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:49 pm

Yeah.. weird that they all write Gerald J. Johanssen.. Probably all got their information from the same site..
He clearly said his name was Gerald Martin Johanssen, right?

They use different words for footballhead in Holland.. Another thing that bugs me >< Most of the time they call him 'meloenenkop' (melonhead), sometimes they say 'rugbykop' (footballhead), or they just make up some other words, like idiot or weirdo..
It's too bad that they totally destroy great series like HA! with these stupid translations and awful voices.. Although the last 3 seasons are slightly better than the first ones (they were translated 10 years ago, and the last 3 seasons just a year ago)
I've always watched the episodes on a Belgium channel when I was young, they were english spoken with dutch subtitels. Way better!
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:11 pm

I know very well that Gerald is "Gerald Martin Johanssen", but I have no idea where I know this from...

BTW, it's cool that both Phoebe and Gerald have Danish-Norwegian last names. Therefore... If Helga has Hungarian last name, Arnold must have Norwegian too! Hm, what is Hungarian word for "Shortman"? Let me see... "Alacsony" (pronounced "Alachong")? "Arnold Alacsony"... "Helga Alacsony"... Well, better than "Helga Shortman" anyway.

I think I would not be able to watch episodes with subtitles, Russians are not accustomed to them. Russian voices are pretty fine, but the translation is not very good -- many jokes are omitted, even when they don't seem to be difficult to be translated. On the other hand poems and songs are very well translated.

Come to think of it, do you have any subtitled Hey Arnold DVD? I remember I was playing with a program that could rip subtitles from DVD into text file -- it worked pretty well. It would be really cool to publish Hey Arnold transcripts.
Hellerick
Hellerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Tue May 05, 2009 6:23 pm

Gerald Martin Johanssen... he said that in the episode in which he sold watches. His dad wrote down "Martin Johanssen, and Gerald changed it into GERALD Martin Johanssen Smile

We have almost everything subtitled here. When I was young, there were only a few cartoons (like the smurfs) that were dubbed, but even the cartoon network cartoons and almost all cartoons for kids from age 8+ were subtitled. Lately they are dubbing more and more cartoons unfortunately.

I don't have any HA! subtitles. Yeah, I did record a lot of subbed episodes and the movie, but it's not possible to extract subtitles from those. Unfortunately they don't sell HA! DVD's here..
I do have the movie on DVD, but I bought that from England, without subtitles.
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Tue May 05, 2009 8:41 pm

Watching cartoons in English since eight? That's why the Dutch are such good English speakers I guess. I have heard somewhere that in the Netherlands the English language is more widely understood than Dutch.

We don't have any subtitled DVDs in Russia -- a disadvantage of being a big nation: everything is professionally dubbed.

Subtitles are popular in Eastern Europe -- I have subtitles transcripts for Hey Arnold!: The Movie in Polish, Czech, and Turkish. Well, Czech is cool of course:

- Tys to udělala pro mě? ("You have done it for me?")
- Ano. Co uděláš, když je v nesnázích člověk, kterého miluješ? ("Yes. What do you do when the person you love is in trouble?")
- Miluješ? ("You love?")
- Slyšel jsi dobře. Miluju tě. ("You heard it very well. I love you")

but I would like to have it in a "normal" language...

BTW, in Czech "Footballhead" is "hlava jako šiška", i.e. "Head like a cone" (i.e. kegelvrucht). I wonder what they mean by that.
Hellerick
Hellerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Thu May 14, 2009 1:11 am

Indeed, we've been watching english cartoons and movies ever since we were kids, and when I was young we had english class at school starting at age 11.. now they start teaching english to 5 year olds o_O Just some small words, but still..
But I don't think English is more widely understood than Dutch, maybe in some neighborhoods, but foreign people usually have to go take dutch classes and do tests and stuff, before they can stay in Holland.

I still haven't had the time to convert the dvd I recorded to a video format, but I'll try to upload it soon. You can't extract the subs from it, but you can read em Smile Maybe I can retype some parts into a text file.

I can translate the best scene for you already though ^^

Helga: Crimeny, Football Head! What else are you supposed to do when someone you love is in trouble!?
Arnold: Love?
Helga: That's right, pal! I love you! Who else do you think has been stalking you day and night, building shrines of you in a closet, and filling books of poems about you? I've always loved you! Ever since I first laid eyes on your stupid football head. And from that moment on, I've dreamed of the day I could finally say it. Finally tell you my true feelings of love and then kiss you – oh, come here you big lug.

Helga: Verdorie, Rugbyhoofd! Wat moet je anders doen als iemand waar je van houdt in de problemen zit!?
Arnold: Houdt?
Helga: Dat klopt, vriend! I hou van je! Wie anders dacht je dat jou dag en nacht heeft gestalkt, altaars gebouwd in een kast, boeken vol gedichten over jou heeft gevuld? Ik heb altijd van je gehouden! Vanaf het eerste moment dat ik je stomme rugbyhoofd zag. En vanaf dat moment heb ik gedroomd van de dag dat ik het eindelijk kon zeggen. Eindelijk mijn ware gevoelens van liefde aan je vertellen en je dan kussen - oh, kom hier jij grote (I always thought she said 'luck' so that would be 'geluksvogel'.. but in the text above it says 'lug', so that would be 'gek'.. I like the luck one better XD )
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Thu May 14, 2009 8:51 pm

Hey thanks!

You know, I think I'm gonna make an article for Hey Arnold Wiki with translations of that scene. Now I have at least six languages! It could become something like our Babel Text.

"van houdt"? What an unusual expression. I don't understand how to perceive it... Maybe it's somehow related to "be possessed"? Kinda "to possess" = "to hold"...

As about "lug", I have a couple of unofficial transcripts of that scene, and in one of them it's said: "Oh come here you big hug". Still makes more sense to me than "lug".
Hellerick
Hellerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Fri May 15, 2009 12:17 am

Indeed, some dutch expressions are kinda illogical ><
'To love' = 'houden van'
I love = Ik houd van (can also be 'Ik hou van')
You love = Jij houdt van
He/She loves = Hij/zij houdt van
We love = Wij houden van

Most of the time it's in that order, but sometimes it changes, like in "You are the person whom I love" = "Jij bent de persoon waar ik van hou"

And I like hug more than lug, yeah ^^
But as far as I can remember, I could even SEE her saying the L by moving her tongue up.. In that case, it can't be 'hug' ><
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Sat May 16, 2009 7:21 pm

Here is the article:
http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/Helga%27s_confession_in_various_languages

Thanks to BlaueKatze I have the German translation as well.

The Dutch translation is missing the Arnold's first cue... Ah well, it does not really matter.

On a Turkish website I have found links to downloadable Hey Arnold the Movie DVD on Rapidshare. The annotation claims it's subtitled in English, Turkish, and Spanish. I hope it's true -- I'll learn it only after I download it, and it will take one or two days -- the connection is terrible.

Thanks again.
Hellerick
Hellerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Tue May 19, 2009 10:57 am

OMG That's so funny ^^
I don't speak German very well, but I DO know that "Haarbürste" means hairbrush XDDD

The missing part in Dutch:
Arnold
You did this for me?
Je deed dit voor mij?

Helga
Thats right hair-boy! I mean, crimeny, Football Head!
Dat klopt haar-jongen! I bedoel, verdorie, Rugbyhoofd! ...

And I have a friend who speaks French very well (and Spanish and German, but we have those already ;D ) When I see her again I'll ask her for the French translation.
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Tue May 19, 2009 2:51 pm

Thank you, than you, thank you!

I'm glad that you like the German version; 'cause Russian text is terrible, and the fact that both Arnold and Helga are dubbed by the same voice actress does not make it better either.

I finally managed to download that Turkish DVD and to rip the subtitles from it. Currently I'm working on a transcript for Hey Arnold: The Movie, I'm trying to convert it into script form. Here is the unfinished article: http://heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/Hey_Arnold%21%3a_The_Movie/Transcript

Uh, I did not think it would be that difficult! The main trouble is that the subtitles and what the characters say aloud often don't match. Typically, the subtitles are shorter alternatives of spoken phrases, some insignificant parts are truncated (even when these insignificant parts are the coolest ones), plus sometimes colloquial expressions ("gonna", "gotta") are replaced with more formal ones ("We will", "We should"). I'm trying to correct the cues, but I'm a terrible English speaker (or rather a terrible English listener) and often I can't distinguish what is said. I don't know what about Turkish, but the situation in Spanish is much worse -- the written text has absolutely nothing to do with the pronounced one. E.g. "Deep Voice" in Spanish is pronounced "Voz Profunda", is written "Voz Misteriosa" (while in fanfics I'm accustomed to see "Voz Ronca"); "Football Head" is pronounced "Cabeza de Balón", and is written "Cabeza de Pelota" etc., etc.

Ah well, troubles exist to be overcome. Cool!

Good luck!
Hellerick
Hellerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellerick Thu May 28, 2009 7:55 pm

If you like you can look at how the articles about Hey Arnold characters are removed from Wikipedia. Damn, I would rather meet one hundred dead horses than this. Mad

If you like you can join the discussion, but frankly speaking I don't think anything would help.
Hellerick
Hellerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Annemiek Thu May 28, 2009 11:41 pm

Geez, I'm sure there are way more important things to worry about for the Wiki staff than a few Hey Arnold characters in Wiki.. Come on.. why bother to remove them, those guys are being stupid >< People have worked so hard to get all the information together and make those pages, and I liked looking into it. Bleh..

Indeed, I don't think there is a lot we can do about it.
Annemiek
Annemiek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down