Hey Arnold! Fansite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Rules

4 posters

Go down

Official Rules Empty Official Rules

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:17 am

For Everyone

1. When talking to a character, it's okay to mess with them. It is not okay to pick a fight. Mess with them a little and any good roleplayer is going to respond as in character as possible, which means they might get mean in some characters' cases. You should know this show well enough to know how a character is going to respond to you, at least in general.

2. If you feel you were being reasonable and that the roleplayer went too far, please let me know. A PM will suffice, but please quote the exact point you felt they crossed a line.

3. Please limit yourself on questions. I know it's really fun to talk to the characters and ask them things, but the roleplayers have lives away from the computer, and if we overwhelm them they might get scared off.

4. These characters are nine. Therefore, please only ask what you would honestly talk to a nine year old about. The adult characters come with more leniency in that regard, but please, still try to keep it PG.

For the Roleplayers

1. First rule of roleplaying, don't talk about Roleplaying. That is to say, do not tell anyone who your real identity is. When you go into that character's profile, you are that character.

2. Feel free to wander around the boards into other sections and make comments the characters might, but stay out of the other roleplay (as it would just cause confusion) and if you're going into fanart or fanfiction, only comment if the character would say something nice about it.

3. It's not only allowed, but encouraged for you to talk to the other characters. But make sure their thread stays their thread. In other words, don't try to overtake it.

4. Yes, some characters are mean, but please be reasonable about it. You can be a bit of a jerk, but try not to go overboard. If you feel like someone on the board was goading you into it by being rude to your character first, let me know and I will try to resolve the situation.

That's all I've got for now, but let's make sure this stays clean and FUN.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Female Number of posts : 562
Favorite character : Helga
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Hey Arnold! Role Playing Game
Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Official Rules Empty Re: Official Rules

Post by Squirreltamer Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:19 am

A+++
Squirreltamer
Squirreltamer

Female Number of posts : 596
Favorite character : Helga, Harold
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Character Character: Harold

http://farkledagain.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird1 Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:35 am

Got it. *Thumbs up*
Weird1
Weird1

Female Number of posts : 386
Country : I live in the place, with the people, and the crap! That's all you need to know.
Favorite character : Helga! Doi!!!
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Character Character: Gerald

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2132423/SuprSingr

Back to top Go down

Post by peachcake21 Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:20 pm

Okay, about how many questions should we ask at a time? Like, What's the limit?
peachcake21
peachcake21

Female Number of posts : 378
Favorite character : HELGA!
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character Character: *waiting for one . . . *

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:56 pm

I'd say if they're online and responding, ask a few questions (like, 3 or less). If they haven't been on all day you can still post questions for them to answer later, but try to limit yourself to about one. There's no limit per day, though.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:22 pm

Because we just had an issue with this

If you didn't audition, you aren't the character.

You have to pass the audition before you can play them. If I catch you making a character before auditioning, and I figure out your true identity you may be banned from playing as a character. If you're new here and did it by accident, that's one thing, but you will still be removed as the character.

This is so we get the best roleplayers possible so it feels like you're really talking to the characters. It also cuts down on competition, as if it was a free for all there'd be mad dashes to create threads as the characters people like and it would get unruly. It's also to ensure that if you get out of hand or say something rude while RPing, I know who you really are and we can try to work something out or I can remove you from the game if you refuse to change.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:55 am

You may play more than one character, but for now, only up to 2

Be aware that this is going to be a bit of a work load, do not ask to play 2 characters if you don't think you can handle it. Let me know when you audition if you'd be up for multiple roles. Because this is such a small board, some people haven't even come in this section, and I can't play any of the characters, this is really the only way to fill roles.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:16 am

I thought this might be obvious, but just in case:

If you aren't a member of the boards, you can not play the characters. You must have an active account. You don't have to post constantly, but you need to post.

Repeat: No regular account, you're not playing a character.

If anyone objects to a rule, please let me know and let me know why (PMs are fine, but you can respond here if you'd rather).
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Perhapsormaybe Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:10 am

Due to the fact that we are still a small board, the rules have changed just slightly, and I'm finally getting around to posting about romance as I should have from the get-go:

1. If you would like to play more than one character, you are welcome to play as many as you successfully audition for. If you do not have the time for 3 characters, do not try to play 3 characters. You can still audition for multiples at once, but let me know how many you could actually play.

2. People not playing any characters yet will get priority over people who are currently playing someone.

3. If your character has a canon romantic interest, I do expect you to follow it.

4. If your character does not, and you want to play around with the idea of them crushing on someone, send me a PM and let me know which character and why you feel that way. If you have a persuasive argument, I will probably allow it.

5. In the case of the latter, if someone else is playing that love interest, please message them (as your character) to discuss the possibility of a relationship. If they're not comfortable with it, I'm not allowing it. If they're okay with it but don't think the character would return the feelings, we may be able to work something out.
Perhapsormaybe
Perhapsormaybe

Character Character:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down